Reading/Studying after an FUT

KingH

I just had an FUT and am trying to make the most of my time. Does anybody have any experience with reading/studying something while they were recovering? Does any type of subtle stress damage the follicles/decrease the likelihood they are retained?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Bumping, I'm interested too. Can reading post-op cause all your grafts to fall out?

Yes, everyone knows that as you read, your brain gets bigger. If you read too much, this expansion places tremendous pressure on the skull, causing the grafts to dislodge. The faster you read, the faster the velocity that the grafts will shoot out of your head.

In all seriousness OP, it seems basically impossible that the “stress” of reading/studying would hurt the grafts. Just try not to bump your head or pull/scratch the grafts in the first few days and follow your clinic’s post op instructions.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Quite the opposite OP. Studying/reading causes a rush of blood to your head which nourishes the follicles.

Under no circumstances view inappropriate websites in your delicate state. That will cause the blood to go elsewhere.

Edited by NikosHair
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NikosHair said:

Under no circumstances view inappropriate websites in your delicate state. That will cause the blood to go elsewhere.

Technically, there's two schools of thought on this.

Some clinics recommend extensive use of inappropriate websites in the 24-72 hour post-surgery window in order to divert blood flow and reduce scalp swelling.

It's important to read and follow your clinic's instructions.

• Haha 2