Brutal shock loss ? Expecting some level of over harvest

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Capnmod said:

+1 month update, cumulative 2.5 months 

it seems like a little of the original donor hair has grown ? But I can’t tell 

245AE5A1-7DC1-4060-ABCC-45AA34026F15.jpeg

D43179A0-0EF6-4423-A1A4-9E680A7502E5.jpeg

It’s improving. But may take 6 months to fully recover. As for hairstyles, something like this would work

image.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

it is improving, definetely a big shockloss from overharvested area. Only issue is they are growing thinner than terminal, so let’s hope they didn't actually damage native follicles during the process.

Thanks for the reply.. what do you mean growing thinner than terminal ?

• Moderators
18 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

The hair seems to be regrowing thinner than its original form pre op (terminal hair = full healthy hair)

It's new hair growing in, so it will probably thicken up and mature over the next several months just like transplanted hair. See how it goes for another month.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hi guys 

can any one help me also, 26 days in and approaching the one month post fue hair transplant, one side looks ok but the other side above my ear looks over harvested? Is this shock loss, will it grow back and blend in. Any help appreciated would be good.

thanks

B4D2C313-D237-425E-AB53-5F8E245391E3.jpeg

AD4C34CE-DD74-47E0-BAE8-1ED803C7CBC7.jpeg

045BFD5E-B249-44ED-B6D6-36D1C1014CA9.jpeg

• Administrators
15 hours ago, T90 said:

Hi guys 

can any one help me also, 26 days in and approaching the one month post fue hair transplant, one side looks ok but the other side above my ear looks over harvested? Is this shock loss, will it grow back and blend in. Any help appreciated would be good.

thanks

B4D2C313-D237-425E-AB53-5F8E245391E3.jpeg

AD4C34CE-DD74-47E0-BAE8-1ED803C7CBC7.jpeg

045BFD5E-B249-44ED-B6D6-36D1C1014CA9.jpeg

Can you create your own thread. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

5 months update: first close to skin fade on the sides 

I guess I should’ve listened to the docs saying to wait.. thoughts ? I still see some thinness but obviously a huge improvement. Hope this gives hope to others early in the journey 

1290D663-BC9A-43E8-BD34-2D4D1BED97BB.jpeg

7F0A00C8-9CD6-448C-AAAC-74541FD2EA1F.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2023 at 3:08 AM, ScottishGuy21 said:

Huge improvement .

I’ll be honest I didn’t think you’d have any re growth but that is a great result. Just goes to show like Melvin always says, let’s wait for the end result before jumping to conclusions. Should continue to thicken up too 👍🏻

That makes two of us on the first part but yeah it came along..

See new pic though, I still got what looks like really sparse density when I move my hair to the side. I wonder if y’all think there’s anything I can do about this ?

2E31248B-198B-41AF-BD32-C63BB6A58C40.png

Edited by Capnmod
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Yako they quoted OP 4500 grafts then extracted 6000 and left him with a huge shock loss for months and possibly permanent overharvesting: seems like a red flag to me. The ugly duckling phase is already hard enough when you have a regular shock loss pattern, so I can't imagine what it's like having a huge gap like that in your hair for months. 

• Sad 1

Honestly people should never go to Turkey for hair transplant after seeing pictures of these victims this is ruining a persons life. 
Save up and pay for a world class surgeon never go cheap on cosmetic surgery. You get what you pay for 

Thanks guys.. They seem like hit and miss as many others then. Because I do know some very good results, and now this experience.. I want to go to Dr. Yaman as he is recomended here, but I don't like the fact that his special Yaman implanter DHI technique involves opening of channels. It kinds defats the purpose of DHI. As I already have dense hair and want to increase the density, the opening of channels kind of scares me as it may damage existing dense hair. Maybe I should open a new thread on this one. Anyway, I really hope @Capnmod you are all safe and good. I wish you a healthy growing man! Take care.