Does Eugenix use a microscope to examine hair follicles during their consultations?

I went there for my HT in May and the day before the procedure, they had a look at mt hair but almost visually only. Dr Pradeep was kind enough to take a physical look but with his expert hands, there wasn't a use of say measurement tools like Dr Bisanga for example at BHR that you see in videos. 

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, TheDarkHour said:

I think I may have DUPA and might have a free consultation with Eugenix whenever they next come to London. Does anyone know if they use a microscope when examining hair follicles? Really want my donor area to be thoroughly examined. 

I don't think they;d be bringing microscopes with them to the UK! Certainly Dr Pradeep didn't have any equipment with him when he was here in May.

1 hour ago, 5BetaReductase said:

If you’re in the UK give someone like bisanga a visit. Based on his videos he does use dermoscopy to diagnose patients and for surgical planning

Yeah I'm planning to see him. It's just that given that I might have DUPA, I'm not sure if he will perform the surgery after the consultation.

Just now, TheDarkHour said:

Yeah I'm planning to see him. It's just that given that I might have DUPA, I'm not sure if he will perform the surgery after the consultation.

Well…that’s probably in your best interest if a reputable surgeon doesn’t want to perform surgery on you

• Administrators

I don't believe they would have microscopes outside of their clinic in India. If you want a comprehensive consultation, you should choose someone in Europe where you can go their actual clinic. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

33 minutes ago, TheDarkHour said:

Bit disheartening, guess I'm destined to be bald.

I wouldn’t give up just yet. See what they say. If you aren’t on meds then that’s a good option to try even if you have dupa. There might be the possibility of undergoing surgery if you remain stable on meds and are willing to accept the risk