Cutting the roots- bright idea?

What do you people say?

I have horrid looking plugs. If I were to ask the doctor to deliberately cut the hair roots just below my epidermis- sort of make a permanent shock loss. Will that get rid of hair in my plugs?

Or will the hair roots somehow join back and grow again?

Anyone had experience with permanent shockloss. Do you think my idea may work or is it my overactive imagination.

I want to get rid of my plugs but I want to keep the surgery to minimum.

Going to Dr.AP for Body hair transplant and fue

What do you people say?

I have horrid looking plugs. If I were to ask the doctor to deliberately cut the hair roots just below my epidermis- sort of make a permanent shock loss. Will that get rid of hair in my plugs?

Or will the hair roots somehow join back and grow again?

Anyone had experience with permanent shockloss. Do you think my idea may work or is it my overactive imagination.

I want to get rid of my plugs but I want to keep the surgery to minimum.

IPL-- that means something like lasering them. Also is it possible to get rid of the scars of the plugs too with this IPL.

Any idea of the costs?

Nile,

Any reason why you would not consider FIT, FUSE/FUE extractions to thin the plugs? That way you can have those grafts extracted re-implanted in the recipient areas and gain some more coverage. Why have them destroyed? If you are going to pay to have your plugs thinned out, why not do it in a way that would bring you additional benefit? Just some food for thought.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

IPL stands for "Intense Pulsed Light". It uses the full spectrum of light, so it's not a laser. Long-term hair removal with IPL is very poor and the patient is more apt to have pigment changes than using a modern laser with a cooling tip. Some of the FDA approved lasers for "Permanent Hair Reduction" are the Gentlelase and Lightshear. The only FDA approved method for "Permanent Hair Removal" is Electrolysis.

Best of Luck,

Pilot

I'm not a health care professional and all my statements are general in nature and should be confirmed with an appropriate professional.

Pilot,

Now that has me confused. Means I will not really be getting rid of the hair in the plugs for good AND may end up with pigmentation. I don't want electrolysis though.

I think I will go back to my research on fue and body hair.

• 2 weeks later...

Nile

Do yourself a favor and consult with a HT doc who specializes in repair, do a search on the site for all the posts regarding this.

You might as well check it out as you will pay a ton of cash for IPL might as well spend that cash on redistributing the plugs to do what you originally intended, reverse you hair loss.

Good luck

Thanks telephone man,

I am now considering Dr.Arvind, Delhi. He is kind of far but I think he can help me with my idea of getting lots of bodyhair to hide the plugs.

You are right- no point going for IPL or laser.

I like hair on my head.

• 5 years later...

My 2 cents is for not destroying the grafts and getting them punched or core out entirely, but I vote for entirely removing each graft. Some Docs may want to do the crescent method wher they attempt to leave a portion of the plug standing. I wouldn't do it. Other docs rec punching out sigle strands within one plug, also not worth it IMO. The front portion of the head usually scars much better than the back, so worried over scarring need to be balanced. Good luck