Brussels Travel Tips; Seeing Mwamba

Hi all, I am seeing Dr. Mwamba for a 2nd repair surgery in Brussels on Jan 6-7. I'm planning on getting there January 2nd or 3rd to do touristy stuff beforehand. 

I'm looking for hotel recommendations near Dr. Mwamba's office, any tourist recommendations, is 2 days enough to see all the Brussels hotspots or how many days would you recommend, any other tips and tricks for navigating Brussels both as a hair transplant patient and tourist in general. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

Im having mine a few weeks before, I am just selecting the nearest hotel checking google maps streets and booking.com hotels. Quite a few are within 5min walk distance. (Or you can rent some airbnb room too).

About everything else cant recommend because didnt go yet, but from what I know 2 days is more than enough for doing the touristy stuff since its a small city.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Dillpickle123 said:

I will be going in a couple weeks and am also curious of what attractions there are as I plan to stay a whole week before flying back to the states 

1 week is quite along time. I would jump on the eurostar and head somewhere else if possible

2 days is definitely enough to see all the tourist sights in Brussels!

Over 1-2 days, you could check out...

- Grand Place

- The Broodhuis

- Mannekin Pis

- Palais Royal

- Parc de Bruxelles

- Notre Dame Du Sablon

- Royal Gallery of Saint Hubert 

- Cathedral Des Sts Michel Et Gudule

- Atomium 

And if you manage to do all of the above in 1 day, take a train to Bruges for a day trip! Totally worth it!

15 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Hi all, I am seeing Dr. Mwamba for a 2nd repair surgery in Brussels on Jan 6-7. I'm planning on getting there January 2nd or 3rd to do touristy stuff beforehand. 

I'm looking for hotel recommendations near Dr. Mwamba's office, any tourist recommendations, is 2 days enough to see all the Brussels hotspots or how many days would you recommend, any other tips and tricks for navigating Brussels both as a hair transplant patient and tourist in general. 

One day is enough to see the main historical parts of Brussels imo bro, I did it one day.

Andy Douglas listed the main ones already.

I stayed five minutes from Mwamba's clinic in an AirBNb. Best thing I did really. That's in the Louise area. Get acquainted with the tram and metro system as they are very cheap and convenient ways to travel.

11 hours ago, WhereIsMyMind said:

Central Europe is amazingly connected via trains that are fast and cheap compared to the US, so thats a plus if you want to go nearby places.

Interesting sounds like a few days after the procedure I’ll go visit so other cities