Traveling for Transplants: Is it still a good option?

I've been lurking on and off here and other forums for 10+ years. The idea of traveling to Turkey or other health-tourism hubs for a transplant has always been a big topic of discussion. What is the consensus on it nowadays? 

Are there any other places that are recommended for less expensive, high-quality treatment beyond Turkey? Are there any current guides I could read to learn more? I know there are some all-inclusive options as well; I'd love to hear experiences with this. 

A hair transplant is intimidating enough (all the questions like 'will it look good?' 'will they stay in?' 'will it get infected?'), but add traveling to a foreign country and all the safety implications of that and it easily becomes overwhelming. I'm VERY skeptical of everything I read outside this forum, since a solid 90% of the content is designed to scam or take advantage of desperate people, so any help you guys could provide would be amazing. 

Cheers! 

41 minutes ago, g4designs said:

I've been lurking on and off here and other forums for 10+ years. The idea of traveling to Turkey or other health-tourism hubs for a transplant has always been a big topic of discussion. What is the consensus on it nowadays? 

Are there any other places that are recommended for less expensive, high-quality treatment beyond Turkey? Are there any current guides I could read to learn more? I know there are some all-inclusive options as well; I'd love to hear experiences with this. 

A hair transplant is intimidating enough (all the questions like 'will it look good?' 'will they stay in?' 'will it get infected?'), but add traveling to a foreign country and all the safety implications of that and it easily becomes overwhelming. I'm VERY skeptical of everything I read outside this forum, since a solid 90% of the content is designed to scam or take advantage of desperate people, so any help you guys could provide would be amazing. 

Cheers! 

Why single out Turkey? There are many other countries that you can travel to that are perfectly safe for this procedure.

Think about it this way. What's a plane ticket and a week or so more in a hotel, when the stakes are so high? A failed transplant is much, much worse than doing nothing at all. Once you lose your precious donor reserves, finding a solution becomes very difficult, especially if you are destined to be a high Norwood.

If you have found a clinic that has clear, documented results like the ones you want, hopping in a plane and going over there is the smallest of inconveniences. 

Edited by asterix0

• Administrators

The location is irrelevant, it all depends on the quality of the clinic. This requires research. There are good, affordable surgeons in Turkey like Bicer, Turan.

There’s also good surgeons in South America like Camacho, Pittella. 

Good clinics in India like Eugenix, Soni. It all depends on your goals and situation. It may benefit you to travel, or to stay local to your area. It all depends. Never choose a clinic based on cost. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There is no more of a profound impact on your looks than getting a hair transplant. With that said, it is worth how ever far you need to travel to be sure you are in safe hands and put yourself in the best position for success. Don't ever let cost or distance stand in the way. 

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 1

Hi, traveling should not be an issue for hair transplant. However, there might be some security concerns for the tourists otherwise there are many countries where one can get hair restoration procedure cheaper without compromising the quality. 

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

Depends who you are. I have traveled around the world in my job for many years, so traveling would put no extra stress on me. But if it would stress you like you talk about then I can see it's an extra challenge. As most things in life - there is no one size fits all. It depends on you and how you feel about it.