Sleeping 90 degree angle post-FUE?

Might seem like a bit of a silly question, but is it fine to sleep at a 90 degree angle whilst recovering from an FUE procedure? (For example, sleeping upright on a sofa with a neck pillow behind you).

Could this hinder the final result / increase swelling etc? Or is the only danger just getting a bit of a sore back?

Or is it essential to sleep laying down at a 45 degree angle but being propped up with pillows?

thanks 

Edited by CurlymixedUK

Hello, all you have to do is sleep on your back with the neck pillow around your neck. I suggest you practice it two nights in a row before procedure just to get used to it 

An airplane neck pillow is great because even if you somehow turn while you sleep, you do not risk yourself from brushing grafts against the pillow. 

Do not stress yourself too much about sleeping. There is far bigger chance of damaging grafts while you're awake rather than while sleeping. Some people on this forum have hit their head or lost grafts in other ways, I have not yet seen anyone lose grafts while sleeping

Good luck with your procedure, take it easy

image.png.d8d060d4ca733f0b8a54269b62850e8a.png

47 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hello, all you have to do is sleep on your back with the neck pillow around your neck. I suggest you practice it two nights in a row before procedure just to get used to it 

An airplane neck pillow is great because even if you somehow turn while you sleep, you do not risk yourself from brushing grafts against the pillow. 

Do not stress yourself too much about sleeping. There is far bigger chance of damaging grafts while you're awake rather than while sleeping. Some people on this forum have hit their head or lost grafts in other ways, I have not yet seen anyone lose grafts while sleeping

Good luck with your procedure, take it easy

image.png.d8d060d4ca733f0b8a54269b62850e8a.png

Thanks for your reply. I’m wondering if sleeping upright is fine though if I decided to do this instead of laying down. e.g. sleeping upright on a sofa (with an airplane pillow).

Edited by CurlymixedUK

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CurlymixedUK said:

Thanks Melvin, watched it.  Is sleeping upright equally safe? (e.g. 90 degrees on a sofa with airplane pillow).

Yes, sleeping upright is safe.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...

Hi there! I came across your old thread and wanted to offer some advice. Actually, there's no need to worry about asking questions, especially when it comes to post-procedure care. I don't believe that sleeping at a 90 degree angle will affect the final outcome of your FUE procedure, but it's always best to check with your doctor to be sure.

50 minutes ago, SladeChavez said:

Hi there! I came across your old thread and wanted to offer some advice. Actually, there's no need to worry about asking questions, especially when it comes to post-procedure care. I don't believe that sleeping at a 90 degree angle will affect the final outcome of your FUE procedure, but it's always best to check with your doctor to be sure.

While it's true that sleeping with your head elevated can help reduce swelling, it's not absolutely necessary to sleep at a 45 degree angle if you're more comfortable sleeping at a different angle. If you experience soreness, pain medication can help alleviate it.