Current Dr/Clinic options ranked - Thoughts on my initial research/ranking?

Hi all,

Apologies for the second thread, but I was unable to edit/delete my initial one regarding my first bit of 'research' lol

The responses from that thread really opened up my eyes (thank you all), and I've made a start on doing some proper research. I still need to go through a few more subsections/threads and check results for each clinic/doctor that I have mentioned, but here is what I have come up with so far. I'll continue my research once this busy weekend is over...

Background: 
30 year old, hair loss for 6-8 years (attached photos for a reference), been on finasteride/minoxidil for over 2 years. Ideally looking to have the surgery done soon and within a 2.5 euros per graft budget (estimating 3k grafts), even this is a big deal of money to me

Options in order of preference:

Dr Resul Yama - Turkey - $3,250 USD package with a recommendation of 3.5k grafts - days available in November/December - I've seen some good results, and he is on the recommended list on this forum, seems like great value! I did read he is not so good with temples? 

Fuecapilar (Dr Turan/Dr Gur) - Turkey - Wait time is Mid may 2023 for Dr Turan and Feb 2023 for Dr Gur - Costs 1.2-1.5 euros per graft. Potential to pay a 500 euro deposit and get on waitlist with 20+ others at the moment - On recommended list 

Dr Bicer - Turkey - Yet to hear back, anyone know the current wait time? - 2.5 euros per graft on site, which is possible for me. - On recommended list

HDC (Dr Maras/Dr Christina) - Cyprus - Limited availability in Nov/Dec - 2.2 to 2.4 euros per graft - Both on recommendations list

Eugenix - India - Availability this year - Costs 1.75 euros per graft on the exclusive package which is led by Senior Doctors only, the one led by Dr Bansal is 3 euros per graft (out of budget). Unsure if worth going for, as the senior docs could be risky, but seen good results on here from Dr Priyadarshini Das. - Senior docs not on recommended list.

Dr Laorwong - Thailand - Emailed and awaiting availability - Cannot find exact costs, but 80 baht which is equivalent to 2.1 euros - On recommendations list. 

Still to look into are Dr Ferreira (Portugal), HLC Clinic, Dr Ahmad (Netherlands).

A few out of my budget, so not even considering (around 3+ euros per graft) are Dr Bisanga, Dr Kesser, Dr Mwamba, Dr Couto, as well as some UK ones such as Wimpole Clinic at Harley St, Dr Arshad, Dr Reddy Raghu, and Dr Manish Mittal.

The clinics/surgeons to avoid are Smile Hair Clinic, Vera Clinic, ASMED (Dr Erdogan), Hair of Istanbul, Cosmedica, Dr Cinik, and Dr Doganahy. 

Yes, I've read plenty of times on other peoples threads, as well as mine that the choice of a surgeon shouldn't be dependent on costs. But this is the max I'm willing to pay, and from what I have read, similar results can still be achieved by some of the options I've listed for a fraction of the cost, but with slightly more risk? Surely it beats the majority of people going to these hair mills (like I mentioned haha) and getting decent results?

I would be forever grateful to hear your thoughts on my options I've listed etc :)

Cheers,
Nay

IMG_3117.jpeg

IMG_3119.jpeg

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_3124.jpeg

IMG_3125.jpeg

• Like 1

I haven’t been impressed by recent Yaman cases, I’ve seen a more cases of poor growth compared to the other recommended surgeons

The options in Turkey on your list that I would keep on your list to do further research  would be Dr Turan, Dr Bicer. HLC is also a option and I have seen some great results, but also some poor ones.

HDC and Eugenix also do good work. Dr Ferreira has impressed me and I think he is one of the best choices in Europe

I don’t know how much they charge, but you can also look at Dr Pinto.

The other surgeons That you listed in your budget I’m a bit ignorant in and haven’t seen enough results, so I can’t help you there. Although some of those UK options I narrowed out on my list.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

2 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I haven’t been impressed by recent Yaman cases, I’ve seen a more cases of poor growth compared to the other recommended surgeons

The options in Turkey on your list that I would keep on your list to do further research  would be Dr Turan, Dr Bicer. HLC is also a option and I have seen some great results, but also some poor ones.

HDC and Eugenix also do good work. Dr Ferreira has impressed me and I think he is one of the best choices in Europe

I don’t know how much they charge, but you can also look at Dr Pinto.

The other surgeons That you listed in your budget I’m a bit ignorant in and haven’t seen enough results, so I can’t help you there. Although some of those UK options I narrowed out on my list.

@mister_25 I am leaning on to see dr. Yaman, you mind telling me where I can find those poor cases of poor growth? All I see are those he posted in youtube and I bet those are filtered as the best among the rest video outcomes. Which website can we see real and actual pictures of patients outcome by dr. Yaman? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

• Administrators

Never let cost be your deciding factor. You should be choosing the best surgeon, not what you can afford.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, uu777 said:

@mister_25 I am leaning on to see dr. Yaman, you mind telling me where I can find those poor cases of poor growth? All I see are those he posted in youtube and I bet those are filtered as the best among the rest video outcomes. Which website can we see real and actual pictures of patients outcome by dr. Yaman? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

I found the poor growth cases on this website, you can use the advanced search bar and filter on content titles only with the search term "Yaman"

• Thanks 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

Yaman is a good and safe option to go to. He has developed his technique recently by doing better donor management by using manual punch for extraction of grafts. His results are also natural. He is very good value for money choice..

Other good and safe options in Turkey would be Turan, Gur, Demirsoy and HLC…

Edited by Jackdaniels

An update on Dr Laorwong - Thailand (recommendation list)

Hairline around 1.2k grafts, and 2-2.5k grafts on crown.

70 baht (1.9 euros per graft)

Accommodation/transport at own costs, which is ok, from London it's looking like 1k GBP for flights/accommodation. 

Availability in November. 

21 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Never let cost be your deciding factor. You should be choosing the best surgeon, not what you can afford.

Melvin I understand where you are coming from, if this was the case, everyone would just opt for say Dr Bicer/Dr Bisanga/Dr Bansal & Sethi who are the best of the best. However this website, has a recommendations list, and i'm guessing it is there for a reason. It is kind of like, going to a theatre show, and wanting to get best seats eg in the middle of thr row, of the middle section. But I mean you can get a few rows back, and then slightly to the left or right, still a great view and enjoyable show, with a much less price. Sorry that's probably a terrible example when it comes to hair, but I mean the message i'm trying to get across is, there are other options besides the best of the best, and some that come closely, and are even on the recommendations list.

If possible, would I please be able to get your thoughts on the ones I have listed? I have added Dr Laorwong info in the post above too.

12 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I found the poor growth cases on this website, you can use the advanced search bar and filter on content titles only with the search term "Yaman"

I have seen a couple with poor growth/results too, hmm...

- Digi23 looks like his one got botched, and he was trying to get a refund from the clinic, by negotiating with the Dr Yaman/clinic, that he'd take down his negative thread in here.

- NickJ with the 3-4 month mark, but after 6 months there was big improvements

- Smartie with someone mentioning the donor area looks overharvested, and some other people mentioning he overhasts and damages the donor area, 

However some good results too over the last year, including ones he has posted on youtube + people here such as, (SGT, mt84, Timothy - still growing, moe007 - he wasn't so impressed with results, but looks decent growth?).

This is now making me think, I may be better off paying the 500 euros and getting on the waiting list for Dr Gur/Dr Turan ( Dr Gur is Feb 3rd for earliest appointment and Dr Turan is May 18th, if no waiting list (with 20+ others at the moment). 

Doga who looks after the whatsapp/emails for Dr Yaman has been super helpful with my questions and friendly though! He even did a whatsapp video call with me and broke it all down, which was a fantastic and much appreciated service. 

11 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

Out of the ones listed. I really like dr

laorwong. He is not gonna be buddy buddy with you, but his work is super refined. 

I've just posted his info in the above post!

2 hours ago, Jackdaniels said:

Yaman is a good and safe option to go to. He has developed his technique recently by doing better donor management by using manual punch for extraction of grafts. His results are also natural. He is very good value for money choice..

Other good and safe options in Turkey would be Turan, Gur, Demirsoy and HLC…

Good to hear, considering the waiting list for Dr Turan and Dr Gur (see post above), and will look into HLC (who are the best doctors here and what do they charge? and Demirsoy, thanks. 

When it comes to Turkey I would rate Pekiner, Keser, Turan/Gur and HLC as doing some of the best work, probably In that order. I see some good work from Bicer but wouldn’t personally put her at the top of the list. When it comes to that kind of pricing I feel you can do better in Europe. 

3 hours ago, Naynay24 said:

Good to hear, considering the waiting list for Dr Turan and Dr Gur (see post above), and will look into HLC (who are the best doctors here and what do they charge? and Demirsoy, thanks. 

HLC is the most expensive one which charges around 2.5 euro per graft. Demirsoy does the procedure by himself with 1.5 euro and with a tech doing extractions at 1 euro per graft. Turan and Gur are around 1-1.25 euro per graft. 

I researched everything to death before finally choosing Dr Gur.  Nothing in my research suggested his results were worse than Dr Bicer, yet for the number of grafts I required he was nearly 4x cheaper, which is a lot of money.  TBH overall I liked his results better than Bicer.

I’m only five and a half weeks post surgery so can’t speak for my own result, but everything has been great so far and it was having sight of other people’s results that led me to him.

Good luck

Edited by Ronnie21

On 10/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, Pbaird98 said:

When it comes to Turkey I would rate Pekiner, Keser, Turan/Gur and HLC as doing some of the best work, probably In that order. I see some good work from Bicer but wouldn’t personally put her at the top of the list. When it comes to that kind of pricing I feel you can do better in Europe. 

Thanks for the list, I've not researched Pekiner (but will do, I remb seeing something about him disappearing and wiping socials etc?), Keser is out of my budget at 3 euros + per graft. I do like Turan/Gur, as I've seen good work, so I may just get on the waitlist, even though it doesn't fit in with my schedule, but more likely to produce better results. HLC i'll look into (any particular doctor here a go to?).

On 10/22/2022 at 9:43 PM, Jackdaniels said:

HLC is the most expensive one which charges around 2.5 euro per graft. Demirsoy does the procedure by himself with 1.5 euro and with a tech doing extractions at 1 euro per graft. Turan and Gur are around 1-1.25 euro per graft. 

Oh ok, yeah Turan and Gur seem to be a solid option, I may just get on this waiting list...

5 hours ago, Ronnie21 said:

I researched everything to death before finally choosing Dr Gur.  Nothing in my research suggested his results were worse than Dr Bicer, yet for the number of grafts I required he was nearly 4x cheaper, which is a lot of money.  TBH overall I liked his results better than Bicer.

I’m only five and a half weeks post surgery so can’t speak for my own result, but everything has been great so far and it was having sight of other people’s results that led me to him.

Good luck

Thanks man, glad to hear, and cheers! How far in advance did you book Gur, or did you go on waiting list and your number was called?

• Valued Contributor
On 10/22/2022 at 2:58 AM, Naynay24 said:

Yes, I've read plenty of times on other peoples threads, as well as mine that the choice of a surgeon shouldn't be dependent on costs. But this is the max I'm willing to pay, and from what I have read, similar results can still be achieved by some of the options I've listed for a fraction of the cost, but with slightly more risk? Surely it beats the majority of people going to these hair mills (like I mentioned haha) and getting decent results?

@Naynay24 you have to be prepared for the worst case scenario and work backwards. Can you afford a repair if your results do not turn out as you wish? Are you prepared for a second, third surgery if this is required? No offense but you seem to be working on the 'best case scenario principle' on a budget. Sadly this is not reflected in reality if you spend time on this forum. You have to factor in all the variables that can go wrong and reducing your goals to a minimum budget is only fraught with high risks. You want to be mitigating your risks completely as this is permanent surgery and you will have to look in the mirror for the rest of your life. You are doing everything right with medication. Now spend some time looking at what can go wrong with a hair transplant from real reviews on this forum. Not cherry picked results from cheap clinics because that's all the patient could afford. Please take this in the vein that it is intended. All the best.

• Thanks 1

I can't recommend one but make sure be aware of the risks of lowering budget, and always imagine yourself having worst case scenario and how you would fix it.

Of course you can have a great transplant with lower budget but you are walking on eggshells, just making sure you are aware!

13 hours ago, Naynay24 said:

Thanks for the list, I've not researched Pekiner (but will do, I remb seeing something about him disappearing and wiping socials etc?), Keser is out of my budget at 3 euros + per graft. I do like Turan/Gur, as I've seen good work, so I may just get on the waitlist, even though it doesn't fit in with my schedule, but more likely to produce better results. HLC i'll look into (any particular doctor here a go to?).

Oh ok, yeah Turan and Gur seem to be a solid option, I may just get on this waiting list...

Thanks man, glad to hear, and cheers! How far in advance did you book Gur, or did you go on waiting list and your number was called?

Booked in July for September surgery, 7 week wait!