Considering a transplant at Bicer’s

Hello, 

I’ve been following this forum for a while as I’ve always known that a HT is a matter of time for me. 

I am now 28, I’m on finasterid since April and did a PRP in May. I used to have a perfect hairline and always had thick and nice quality hair. But for the past two year it’s been receding which stresses me out a lot. Finasterid is not really stopping the shedding and I feel like it’s accelerating at an alarming phase. 

I’ve done some research and I am currently considering going to Bicer in Turkey. I am down to pay big bucks as long as I get the best possible treatment. With a partial Turkish background, Turkey feels like an obvious choice for me. I would try to book something next summer.

I would love to hear your opinions on my choice of clinic and about the idea of getting a transplant. 

Thank you in advance.

31E840F9-9D2E-4CE8-8F1C-391E3F537B96.jpeg

82D9EB1C-A30C-40F3-856E-01832F768163.jpeg

7657AB5A-4BE1-494D-9C80-81B233E85A97.jpeg

2C10F2F1-98A3-4572-8FF0-DA4699C4F383.jpeg

96C0210D-9DA1-441A-A8E2-D9A91BE248F4.jpeg

33D71269-21AA-4E59-8795-3F1BFD598756.jpeg

sofar i think you still got a good head of hair. i would first exhaust all the first line of defense like finasteride  maybe have your doctor put you on a stronger medication like dutasteride or add minoxidil to the regiment.  prp  needs to be done on a monthly basis. you said you did it in may so you should have done it june, july maybe even more to get the benefit. it takes around 3-4 months to see any result with prp.  a transplant is not going to stop your hair loss. you must first have that under control with the meds, prp, massage, micro needling and dont put any harsh chemicals on your hair including regulat shampoo or hair dye. use a shampoo that has ph balance and contains a dht blocker like nizoral.  once you have the shedding under control then you can think about a hair transplant. i have been a client of dr bicer. she is an excellent ht doctor and pretty much the only choice in turkey. 

On 10/20/2022 at 6:57 PM, Happy New Hair said:

Your hair looks fine imo

Thank you. I know it’s not “bad” but I have a different perception as I always had a “perfect” hairline. I used to be very proud of my hair.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:00 PM, bear56 said:

sofar i think you still got a good head of hair. i would first exhaust all the first line of defense like finasteride  maybe have your doctor put you on a stronger medication like dutasteride or add minoxidil to the regiment.  prp  needs to be done on a monthly basis. you said you did it in may so you should have done it june, july maybe even more to get the benefit. it takes around 3-4 months to see any result with prp.  a transplant is not going to stop your hair loss. you must first have that under control with the meds, prp, massage, micro needling and dont put any harsh chemicals on your hair including regulat shampoo or hair dye. use a shampoo that has ph balance and contains a dht blocker like nizoral.  once you have the shedding under control then you can think about a hair transplant. i have been a client of dr bicer. she is an excellent ht doctor and pretty much the only choice in turkey. 

Thank you for a great reply. I will be doing this before I go on to do a HT.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:02 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

which norwood are your older male relatives

It varies. Some without any NW and some with barely anything left. We’re quite mixed.

On 10/20/2022 at 7:58 PM, ITA said:

don't get a transplant, you don't need it

Thank you. I will be holding off a transplant for the foreseeable future.

On 10/21/2022 at 8:40 AM, Mike10 said:

Propecia does not usually work in the hairline and corners. PRP only rarely leads to regrowth

I never wanted regrowth. Just to stop the loss. Thank you for your insight though.

4 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Your hairloss doesn’t look that bad tbh 

Thank you. As I replied above, it’s a question of perspective.

You have enviable hair, stick with the Fin bro and don’t be in any rush to get a transplant. Risk Vs reward here, you simply won’t be able to match that awesome natural density you currently have. Think of it seriously before taking any further steps, seeking a perfect hairline might not end up how you expect it too. 

• Like 1

Dont get HT. Your hair is fine currently. If your hair is shedding and you are experiencing loss its better to wait a few years and potentially go for it then. Right now you could go get a HT, lower your hairline and you hair loss continues like you state it is. A couple of years down the line your hair behind the transplanted section continues to shed and you have to see to that area. Problem is you have already used a significant amount of grafts for your 1st procedure and so the cycle continues.

I had 1 procedure and now wish I never had it. I cant have another as my donor area is miniaturised and cant shave my head due to scarring of the donor area. 

Be patient and wait. Trust me you have a good head of hair at the mo. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I have to agree with others that to me you don't need a hair transplant. You risk shock loss (potentially permanent) and there is no 'perfect' hairline just as there is no 'perfect' hair transplant. I think the meds are doing more than you think. Once you start the process of surgery then you will be chasing MPB for the rest of your life. Your hair is 'solid.' Remember that you can always have surgery 'tomorrow.' All the best.

• Like 2

It depends how much the minor recession is bothering you, are you thinking about it everyday to the point it's consuming your thoughts? If so for piece of mind get it done, if you barely think about it every so often just leave it as you have a good head of hair.