Podcast Tomorrow with CEO of Hairclone Paul Kemp and Dr. Farjo

• Administrators

Tomorrow i'm gonna be talking to Paul Kempm, the CEO of hairclone. We have all heard 'hair cloning' is right around the corner, but that's been said for at least 20 years. Dr. Farjo worked with Intercytex back in the early 2000's. Has intimate knowledge of what went wrong back then and what's different today. This is gonna be an excellent conversation. I hope you guys join us tomorrow at 12pm noon Pacific time 8pm UK time. 

Let me know if you have any questions you'd like me to ask. 

Podcast.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Context:

As far as I can see, they are not working on hair cloning as in "creating unlimited amount of grafts", but rather on dp cell injections, so they take dermal papilla cells from donor hair which should be robust to dht and replicate them in the lab to give dying hair follicles more dermal papilla cells, to make minituarizing hair follicles healthy again. So when they did that with Intercytex, I think the problem was that the dp cells lost their inductivity once out the body when cultured in 2D. This is referred to as the dp inductivity problem.

Questions:

Do they have HUMAN DATA showing that when they culture their cells in 3D like Claire Higgins showed in her famous paper, the cells work like they want them to, i.e. did they solve the dp inductivity problem? Do their dp injections need the classical drug ph1-3 path? How much will it cost? How much % a hair can be maximally minituarized so it can still be revived according to their data? Is there a way to do hair follicle neogenesis with their method? Do they only culture dp cells and do they plan on culturing epithelial cells too? Do they expect to need epithelial cells for hair follicle neogenesis?

Edited by davidn

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

How long do they expect before this becomes available to us? What are the barriers preventing it from being ready right now and what is their plan to tackle them? Thanks @Melvin- Moderator

Excellent questions. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

View my thread

• 2 months later...

Curious if anyone has gone ahead and started with HairClone? Dr Cooley's office is a partner, which is where I got my HT. I've been excited about this prospect since he told me about it. The cost was a bit more than I had anticipated on the front end. Figured the profit would've been made more on the "withdrawal" rather than the deposit, but I'm curious to hear thoughts. 

45 minutes ago, bobbleboy said:

Curious if anyone has gone ahead and started with HairClone? Dr Cooley's office is a partner, which is where I got my HT. I've been excited about this prospect since he told me about it. The cost was a bit more than I had anticipated on the front end. Figured the profit would've been made more on the "withdrawal" rather than the deposit, but I'm curious to hear thoughts. 

What was cost? You can dm me

• Administrators

I’m curious to try this out as well. When I spoke to Dr. Farjo, it seemed like it wasn’t going to be that expensive. Certainly less than what some surgeons charge for PRP.

For those interested here’s the podcast 

View my thread

Interesting talk, thanks for the link. @Melvin- Moderator if you are still doing these podcasts I would love to hear a conversation with Dr. Heitmann, he’s a very impressive doctor but there is not a lot of information about him online. Both Bruno’s from Portugal, Cooley, Gabel and Feriduni would also be awesome first time guests.

Edited by Tiger2050

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Tiger2050 said:

Interesting talk, thanks for the link. @Melvin- Moderator if you are still doing these podcasts I would love to hear a conversation with Dr. Heitmann, he’s a very impressive doctor but there is not a lot of information about him online. Both Bruno’s from Portugal, Cooley, Gabel and Feriduni would also be awesome first time guests.

Yes, I'm still doing the podcasts. In fact, I'm just about done with the new studio. I have reached out to Dr. Heitmann a few times but haven't received a response. I don't know if I have the right contact information. If any of you have his contact info please pm me. Our first guest of the year will be Dr. Sever Muresanu of Hattingen, I will be creating a thread today. But definitely Dr. Gabel, Feriduni, and both Brunos are also on my list. 

IMG_4534 2.PNGIMG_4533 2.jpg

• Like 4

View my thread

11 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, I'm still doing the podcasts. In fact, I'm just about done with the new studio. I have reached out to Dr. Heitmann a few times but haven't received a response. I don't know if I have the right contact information. If any of you have his contact info please pm me. Our first guest of the year will be Dr. Sever Muresanu of Hattingen, I will be creating a thread today. But definitely Dr. Gabel, Feriduni, and both Brunos are also on my list. 

IMG_4534 2.PNGIMG_4533 2.jpg

you might would have more luck to reach out to his „publicity guy“ andreas krämer  from hairforlife

• Administrators
15 hours ago, davidn said:

Dr Nader, @FollicleThoughtand Stemson Therapeutics CEO Geoff Hamilton please!

Those are some good names. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
12 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

you might would have more luck to reach out to his „publicity guy“ andreas krämer  from hairforlife

Do you have his contact info?

View my thread