Eugenix Norwood 6 Journey - 4628 Grafts

caveman

16 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Standard consultations are closed.

Consultations for 900 euro are open and you have to wait few months to get one. Then they schedule your surgery in 3 years. They can sign you on cancellation list, but nothing is promised. 

This bit crazy. Seriously!

900 Eros for consultation dam that's too much. How much he used to charge for normal consultation?

On 5/20/2024 at 2:05 AM, sekiro109 said:

@caveman and agree with others here, the SMP + buzz cut actually looks good. I can't even tell you had SMP in the pictures. Can you go into a bit of detail how the process was? Did you have to completely shave your head to get the SMP done? 

@sekiro109 sorry just seeing this buddy. The SMP required me to trim my head down to a 1 guard. I believe you can also do it with long hair for density but I would recommend definitely not doing it that way. Often times they will use darker pigments and larger needles in that case and then if you ever trim your hair down it will look odd.

SMP is usually done in 2-3 sessions. The first session is the longest. Usually several hours (4-5) and they lightly cover the entire scalp. 2 weeks later I had a second session. By this time the pigment from the first is basically faded. The second session really adds the color and density. I technically had a 3rd session included in my price to do minor tweaks and touch ups so it could look  even better but I never went as it was too far from me and I had plans to do a hair transplant. 

I rocked my SMP with a 0.5 guard all over the head and it looked 🔥. I’m indoor setting or less harsh lighting it’s practically undetectable. If you’re under a large light or outdoors in bright sunlight, the SMP does get washed out. I think it’s honestly a solid option for those that can’t get a hair transplant. I will say though, because I have hair all over my head, the 3D look is really good. If someone is slick bald with SMP it may not look as good. 

let me know if you have any other questions

side note - what you are seeing in my pictures is healed SMP. Lot of posts online from SMP artists are fresh results that look much darker than they will ultimately be. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 1:01 PM, GeneralNorwood said:

200 grafts is like 5cm2 with 40grafts/cm2 density. So imagine area of 10cm x 0,5 cm. So you can lower 10 cm of hairline by 0,5 cm

@GeneralNorwoodgoing back to this. I kinda measured my scalp and it looks like the corners I would only adjust them in 1x1 cm area for each side. With the calculations above I’d only need about 40 grafts/cm2 on each corner. Even if I gave some room for error in my measurements and double it, I can use less than 200 grafts for this change. Is there anything wrong the way I’m calculating it? What do you think? Added some pictures for anyones opinions. Also with the same estimates graft count, I think 2000 grafts would give me solid density in the crown as well. 

@Melvin- Admin @Berba11 any thoughts on this dudes?

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_4462.jpeg

IMG_4463.jpeg

IMG_4465.jpeg

IMG_4466.jpeg

IMG_4470.jpeg

Edited by caveman
Formatting
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, caveman said:

IMG_4461.jpeg

Wow, i didn't expect that your hairline is so low. It's like 6,5 cm -7cm from glabella to the MFP. I can't see exact number, because hair are combed forward and hairline is not visible. Could you make same picture but with holding your hair  back? I know that hair are short, but still you should be able to this, but i guess you need to ask somebody to hold the tape :D

@GeneralNorwood Haha yeah so the hairline is at 7cm but the little widow peak is at around 6.5cm. That is actually correct and the way it is. As for another picture I can’t do it lol you are correct I need someone to take the picture. This is pretty accurate though, the hair isn’t growing long to make the hairline look lower.

Anyway, i can only repeat that don't change your hairline in second procedure, it's fine. If after next procedure you still won't be happy about how hair are growing in the front, then we can return to this talk. 

My MFP is little lower, it is 6 cm and it is too low for my condition. Maybe in the future i will need to extract 1000 grafts from the hairline, that is the reality. 

Did you schedule some consultations with other surgeons?

Aight sounds good. And I reached out to a few places yes. Still speaking with eugenix but they haven’t really responded to me since last week. I’m trying to keep options open. I talked to yaman, turan, and HDC. Also reached out to Laorwong but waiting to hear back. 

am considering reaching out to Michalis Georgiou as well. You said muresanu is good too right? I think he’s out of my budget probably 

6 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

But you can consult with him anyway :D #lifehack

LOL true that. I’ll send him a message and see what he would recommend. 

On 5/26/2024 at 8:28 AM, caveman said:

Aight sounds good. And I reached out to a few places yes. Still speaking with eugenix but they haven’t really responded to me since last week. I’m trying to keep options open. I talked to yaman, turan, and HDC. Also reached out to Laorwong but waiting to hear back. 

am considering reaching out to Michalis Georgiou as well. You said muresanu is good too right? I think he’s out of my budget probably 

Laorwong is booked for one year and hence there is a delay from his side.

I think you should consult Dr Bicer too, wonderful doctor and very involved in surgeries

11 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Laorwong is booked for one year and hence there is a delay from his side.

I think you should consult Dr Bicer too, wonderful doctor and very involved in surgeries

Ah thanks for the heads up. Makes sense why I’m not hearing back then. They’re probably too busy. I can’t wait a year, so going there is out of the options.

I actually reached out to bicer before my first procedure and decided not to go with her. I reached out this time as well and did not hear back. I’m honestly personally not floored with her results anyways.

Right now I’m very interested in HDC but unsure if I prefer Christina vs Maras 

• Moderators

You should concentrate on getting density all over and forget about lowering the hair line for now. I know I wish I could lower my own hair line just slightly, so I measured mine to compare it with yours. I'm 8.5 cm to the corners (you are about 7.5) and I'm 7.5 in the front (you are 6). I'm looking at myself and thinking I probably wouldn't want to go lower than your numbers even if I could. 

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

You should concentrate on getting density all over and forget about lowering the hair line for now. I know I wish I could lower my own hair line just slightly, so I measured mine to compare it with yours. I'm 8.5 cm to the corners (you are about 7.5) and I'm 7.5 in the front (you are 6). I'm looking at myself and thinking I probably wouldn't want to go lower than your numbers even if I could. 

Thanks @Al - Moderator for your feedback. As much as I want to do something with these corners the more and more I think about it, the more it seems like I shouldn’t do it. You along with many others have given me the same suggestions, so for now I think I will fill behind the hairline.

I have been quoted about 4000 grafts by HDC to get complete density behind the hairline. I think I will move forward with this plan. (Any thoughts on if this graft count seems appropriate?) I can’t really envision how it would look with more hair but I am hoping the added density in the midscalp will allow me to cover the corners without having to lower them.

As far as comparing distances with my hairline, I wanted to mention that I did get a widows peak which is a great idea that makes the hairline seems lower than it truly is! The main hairline is about 7cm from the glabella, while the widows peak is right around 6.5! My only issue with this is that from a side angle it makes the corners look more receded. I still do think it’s worth it cause it was minimal grafts and made a nice aesthetic difference 😃