Suggestions for hair transplant doctors in Pleasanton/San Francisco/San Jose CA

Mike009

As someone who had a procedure with diep, and then needed to have that procedure repaired, I personally can not recommend diep. 

There is nobody in the Bay Area I thought was top tier, which is weird, northern california is a very populated area, with a lot of wealthy areas. It's like some sort of hair transplant desert. 

If I had to get a hair transplant in the Bay Area, I would look up whose doing transplants at the  Parsa Mohebi clinic in SF. Parsa Mohebi doesn't do the translant, one of the surgeons he found does it. 

If I had to do my transplant in California, my top choice would be Dr Timothy Carmen in San Diego. There might be some others in LA and the OC I would look up, only because there aren't a ton of recent reviews from Dr Carmen. 

I wasn't limited by geography so I ended up with Dr Shapiro in MN. 

Edited by HairRun

• Administrators

Never let location be the deciding factor. Use our list as a starting point for research.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/13/2022 at 5:56 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

Dr. Diep is really close to you. 

I wouldn't consider Dr.Diep after all of his recent negative reviews on the forum , Obviously his work is not consistent and nowadays his ethic is under a big question mark, Yes he performed great results in past and even now but to me choosing him is like gambling . 

Like a case study , We can look at the factors who makes his result to be inconsistent , but in the end it really doesn't matter much .

For having hair transplant location should be the last factor. 

Edited by parsia
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, parsia said:

I wouldn't consider Dr.Diep after all of his recent negative reviews on the forum , Obviously his work is not consistent and nowadays his ethic is under a big question mark, Yes he performed great results in past and even now but to me choosing him is like gambling . 

Like a case study , We can look at the factors who makes his result to be inconsistent , but in the end it really doesn't matter much .

For having hair transplant location should be the last factor. 

I agree with this. Too many bad results from him. Many patients of his on this forum need repair. Avoid him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Z-- said:

I agree with this. Too many bad results from him. Many patients of his on this forum need repair. Avoid him.

I don't know how the regulation or standard of the forum is working but I'm surprised his name is still on recommendation list of surgeon on this site.

I used to be  fan of his hairline and his name was on my list 5 years ago But as you mentioned nobody wants to have poor result and then do repair afterwards. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

How can people possibly think Dr. Diep is not one of the greats? Have you seen his cool Youtube channel? Over 15k subscribers!

If number of youtube subscribers is one main factor to analyze surgeon work , With all due respect I believe we totally have different logic , By the way I'm one of his subscriber as well which I criticized his work !!! 

Every surgeon has poor result no question , But the number of those poor result ( Percentage wise ) and reason of those poor result are more important. 

I don't think I'm biased by any mean , But I had seen his poor result more than any other surgeon in U.S on this forum which was enough to convince me to avoid him.

4 minutes ago, parsia said:

If number of youtube subscribers is one main factor to analyze surgeon work , With all due respect I believe we totally have different logic , By the way I'm one of his subscriber as well which I criticized his work !!! 

Every surgeon has poor result no question , But the number of those poor result ( Percentage wise ) and reason of those poor result are more important. 

I don't think I'm biased by any mean , But I had seen his poor result more than any other surgeon in U.S on this forum which was enough to convince me to avoid him.

I don't think im wrong in reading @HappyMan2021 post with the heavy note of sarcasm he was intending…. 😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

I don't think im wrong in reading @HappyMan2021 post with the heavy note of sarcasm he was intending…. 😉

I maybe not good at reading sarcasm but from what I see he is the first member who suggested Dr.Diep to the poster of this thread. 

57 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

im just being sarcastic lol

Ok Fair enough , Thank you for clarification , I didn't get your sarcasm since you suggested Dr.Diep to Mike 🤭

Edited by parsia
  • Like 1