Making own topical fin and min solution

Hey I have seen a lot of different people talk about how you can make your own topical finasteride and minoxidil solution. What do y’all think about this?

also I’ve heard and seen .025% fin solution is a good option to see results and reduce sides. 

I like the capability of making up my own solution because I’m a diffuse thinner so I need 2.5 mL of solution to cover my scalp and I’m able to still get that .025% fin solution even with applying over 1ml worth. All the pre made ones if you apply over 1 ml you get too much fin.

I can put in 6 1mg fin pills into a 60 mL bottle of minoxidil to get the .025% solution

• Administrators

I don't believe that that's how it works. Medications need to be compounded to make them into topicals.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have no idea if that concentration is good or if one can simply put finasteride in minoxidil. My best guess is this is not a great idea.

Also your math is off. A concentration of 0.025% would mean 0.25mg/ml. That would be 15mg of finasteride in 60ml of solution.