Questions about XYON Topical Finasteride

peter1

Hello, how much of the XYON gel should I use if I want equivalent of 1 mg oral Finasteride daily?

Will the gel mix well with minoxidil solution (liquefied minoxidil foam)?

And do I need prescription to order it?

• Administrators

I believe it’s up to the dermatologist to prescribe the amount. 1mg would equal 0.1% of finasteride gel. You would need 0.1% compounded. You can also ask @XYON Health

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Fixed

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/12/2022 at 1:40 AM, XYON Health said:

Hi @peter1,

Yes, in order to obtain a XYON treatment you will need to be prescribed by a dermatologist, available through the XYON platform.

They will be able to answer all of your questions and be able to discuss dosage or the use of other treatments with you.

Regards,

How much of the XYON gel should I use if I want equivalent of 1 mg oral Finasteride daily?

On 10/8/2022 at 10:08 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I believe it’s up to the dermatologist to prescribe the amount. 1mg would equal 1% of finasteride gel. You would need 1% compounded. You can also ask @XYON Health

1mg equivalent = 1ml of 0.1% topical. 

Xyon’s 2.5% formula equates to 25mg per 1ml. 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

1mg equivalent = 1ml of 0.1% topical. 

Xyon’s 2.5% formula equates to 25mg per 1ml. 

My mistake.  

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 10/8/2022 at 9:07 AM, peter1 said:

Hello, how much of the XYON gel should I use if I want equivalent of 1 mg oral Finasteride daily?

And do I need prescription to order it?

I got very strong side effects as soon as I tried to use topical min with it. Like, I even waited 6 days after application of Xyon and the sides hit shortly after application. 

I'm on oral minoxidil now and so I'm trying it again, about 9 days in, and I have a ball ache, which isn't a good sign, but much better than before. I've also read accounts of being trying fin and they have a ball ache at first and then they don't have any side effects, I hope that's the case with me. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2022 at 10:34 AM, HairRun said:

I got very strong side effects as soon as I tried to use topical min with it. Like, I even waited 6 days after application of Xyon and the sides hit shortly after application. 

I'm on oral minoxidil now and so I'm trying it again, about 9 days in, and I have a ball ache, which isn't a good sign, but much better than before. I've also read accounts of being trying fin and they have a ball ache at first and then they don't have any side effects, I hope that's the case with me. 

Hi HairRun, how did the Topical Fin work out for you? Any sides beyond the ball ache?

On 11/15/2022 at 1:25 AM, Ronnieman said:

Hi HairRun, how did the Topical Fin work out for you? Any sides beyond the ball ache?

No, unfortunately I received sexual side effects as well. I wrote a detailed post about it here. I will be trying topical dut next