Quality of Donor Area

Looks more like Retrograde Alopecia in both above the ears and on the nape of your neck. It’s rather common and not necessarily going to throw you out as a candidate it just means that some of your donor is considered unsafe and if used could very well miniaturise in the future.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

It's a bit hard to determine in 100%, but there's a possibility Alopecia near the ears, the nape donor looks strong and healthy, most probably can pass as candidate.

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

On 10/7/2022 at 8:48 PM, mister_25 said:

Looks more like Retrograde Alopecia in both above the ears and on the nape of your neck. It’s rather common and not necessarily going to throw you out as a candidate it just means that some of your donor is considered unsafe and if used could very well miniaturise in the future.

On 10/8/2022 at 8:15 AM, Doron Harati said:

It's a bit hard to determine in 100%, but there's a possibility Alopecia near the ears, the nape donor looks strong and healthy, most probably can pass as candidate.

Does retrograde end up balding or just thinning more? Anyways to fix retrograde?

2 hours ago, mister_25 said:

You can treat retrograde alopecia with finasteride and minoxidil. Works better with Oral Minoxidil

Thank you I’ll look into this. Does retrograde actually ever end up going bald? Seems a decent chunk of men get it in their 20s so didn’t know if it just stayed thin on the nape and behind the ears for life or got worse.

20 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Thank you I’ll look into this. Does retrograde actually ever end up going bald? Seems a decent chunk of men get it in their 20s so didn’t know if it just stayed thin on the nape and behind the ears for life or got worse.

I’ve never retrograde alopecia approach slick bald, but closer to slick bald than full head of hair on a few cases. Generally speaking I don’t think the average case of retrograde alopecia plays a big part in aesthetics as we usually cut above the ears and below the nape short anyway and when it grows long it is covered in almost 100% of the time. It’s more of a supply issue for further HTs

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

5 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

I’ve never retrograde alopecia approach slick bald, but closer to slick bald than full head of hair on a few cases. Generally speaking I don’t think the average case of retrograde alopecia plays a big part in aesthetics as we usually cut above the ears and below the nape short anyway and when it grows long it is covered in almost 100% of the time. It’s more of a supply issue for further HTs

Ahhh very true thanks. That hair probably prevents 2-3k extra grafts I assume from being used and if they are used then they will further thin

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

There really is no 100% way to tell except with an in person consultation. You should think at seeing your dermatologist. Going only by these pictures there appears to be retrograde thinning happening above the nape and above the ears. How your hair looks grown out will look differently. All the best!