Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is having a great start to the week!

I came to know about this community through the Reddit r/hairtransplants forum and it's wonderful to see the help and advice given to users from the people in this community to those who wish to get a hair transplant.

Background: I am an Indian male and a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with testicular cancer in Nov 2020 and had my last chemotherapy at the end of May. My hairline was not great before cancer but chemotherapy did not do any favors either. Baldness in our family, my dad and grandpa are bald. But my brother, cousins, and uncle all have a great set of hair.

Now, I am planning to get a hair transplant in the month of December and I have some questions before I embark upon getting one.

Questions:
I am a uni-baller. Does having one testicle reduce the amount of DHT levels produced? Will it reduce the impact caused to hair?
Due to my health condition, the doctors have advised me not to take any medications that will alter hormone levels such as fin/min. Is it worth getting a hair transplant without taking medications?
It has been more than a year since my chemotherapy treatment. As chemotherapy significantly messes with hair follicles. Is it safe getting a hair transplant now after a year?

I am from the city of Bengaluru in India and preferably would like to get my hair transplant done in India but open to suggestions. I'd appreciate any recommendations on hair clinics.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your advice.

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4149.jpeg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4153.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Seeing as you are in India I would contact Eugenix and ask them these questions. These questions are very serious ones so I think it's best asking a legitimate doctor. Wishing you all the best!

Thank you! Was planning to do that. Just weighing my options on the clinics and choose a best one out of everyone.

• Like 1