Hello, I am new to the forum, I would like you to help me with a little information, I am 32 years old and as you can see in the photo I have a very advanced degree of baldness.

my native language is spanish i also speak english but it is not perfect so i am using google for the translation an apology in advance if there is any mistake In the translation I can understand perfectly when I’m reading. 

I live near Pittsburgh PA USA but I would like to have the transplant in Spain or Turkey I am between the Asmed clinic, Dr Pekineer, HLC, Defreitas, Lorenzo, Bisana What do you think about this ?

DDAF7EB3-9790-419C-913E-830C4789E3B5.jpeg

69B6468C-E4C7-46F0-AD2C-E83104DEE478.jpeg

A748B375-0F22-4E70-B3BA-04883B8739C4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

No i honestly would prefer not use medication because I’m afraid of the side effects but I understand I’m probably gonna have to do it , I just decided a couple days ago about the transplant I don’t have an estimated about how much to spend but I’m willig to pay 10k to 13k for a good result

• Confused 1

• Valued Contributor

I wouldn't recommend a transplant without medication. It's a personal choice but you can see that MPB is progressive and that medication works to stabilize that loss. I would trial finasteride (and maybe minoxidil) for at least a year and see where your hair is at then. Don't be in a rush to have surgery. All the best!

• Thanks 1

I really gonna think about it ,it’s just hard to wait a year for a transplant since it’s gonna be very hard for me in the future to be able to have time( work and future kids) I really appreciate your advice and taking it in consideration!

What's going to be harder than your hair loss at the moment is getting an expensive hair transplant and feeling its "failed" because you continue to los more hair or suffer permanent shock loss. 

I know you are concerned about side affects. Unfortunately this fear is what's put off so many men, but i would strongly urge you to do a full blood test and then start off a few days a week, then move the dosage up 1 extra time a week or two until you are at 1mg everyday. In the meantime, use the 12 months or so to give Finasteride a chance to wait to save up for a Hair Transplant and pay a deposit to secure a slot with a top Doctor. Right now, your hair loss is heavily diffuse. You're not a suitable candidate imo at all. 

Hair Restoration through medication first and then continued as well as then a hair transplant is your options. 

Truly, if i were in your shoes, i'd actually be chucking the kitchen sink at this in terms of an analogy to use everything:

Finasteride, Minoxodil, Microneedling and Nizoral. Add in Vitamins etc. if found to be a bit deficient. 

Overall you can rush to something now and regret it after, or do it right from the get go instead of being a potential repair case. Which is more expensive financially and psychologically. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R Des said:

Hello, I am new to the forum, I would like you to help me with a little information, I am 32 years old and as you can see in the photo I have a very advanced degree of baldness.

my native language is spanish i also speak english but it is not perfect so i am using google for the translation an apology in advance if there is any mistake In the translation I can understand perfectly when I’m reading. 

I live near Pittsburgh PA USA but I would like to have the transplant in Spain or Turkey I am between the Asmed clinic, Dr Pekineer, HLC, Defreitas, Lorenzo, Bisana What do you think about this ?

You are headed to a Norwood 6, imo. From the clinics you mentioned avoid ASMED and Lorenzo. Both are hair-mills at this point (they see multiple patients per day, deplete your donor area, use to many grafts, and have many terrible results). I would also skip on Pekiner and HLC. They have okay results - some good and some bad. With your level of loss you cannot afford the risk of a bad surgery.

Bisanga and Freitas are both very good. If you want to go to Spain, check out Couto. You should also consider Pinto.

Hi, i'm also spanish native so sorry not sorry

i'm on my third month of oral minox + around 4 months of 1mg of dutsasteride a day, no side effects (i made some tests before anything and i'm compromised with myself and with this regular tests along years), similar situation, similar age (<30), thin blond hair

before taking meds i was looking every day to my hair, shaving every 3 days, i wanted to understand my case, how much uf, what should i do and what to avoid... no confident at all and everyone in this forum may understand what is to be with the wet hair, the wind, the sun, the hats...

i expect to share my case in the future and willing to make a ht at some point because i'd like to improve it even more (density), but i wanted to share with you... 

right now i could go without a ht as i'm now not shaving and feeling confident, most of the people is joking like "wow! i thought you were bald" and me myself have been thinking about not having the ht.. of course with the wet hair, the lights... i end up thinking about having one, but i can think more clearly and without the anxiety and i will wait a full 18 months aprox., save some extra money and go with a nice dr

so for you i would encorage you to do the same, with the med's you may gain more than you can even imagine and then you can think about a ht for coverage

Oh my! Thank guys I was about to make a huge mistake , I’m gonna go to a derm here in USA to start some meds and like you guys said wait a couple months or almost a year anyway I want a top doctor and probably the waiting list it’s over a year so anyway I have to wait so my first options right now is Freitas , I don’t even know how to contact Cuoto I read in another post he don’t even take new patients it’s that true? And I was thinking Pekiner but I have mix feelings a lot people say it’s good and another few say I shouldn’t considered him I’m a little confused 

So my first option Freitas then Cuoto but I can’t even contact him , then Bisanga? I really dont wanna fly just for a consult but if he’s really good I’m willing to do it what do you think guys , it is worthy ?

I really appreciate you guys this forum it’s amazing ! Another question the finasteride , can I just go to buy it in a cvs or where I can get it? Do I need to go with a doctor first?

and you guys know someone who got side effects from finasteride? I would prefer to hear it from people who really uses it and not from google thank you guys!

Very aggressive hairloss for 32 years old, definitely will reach NW6, we need you to post sides head donor, the neck donor looks limited with quantity.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

10 hours ago, R Des said:

No i honestly would prefer not use medication because I’m afraid of the side effects but I understand I’m probably gonna have to do it , I just decided a couple days ago about the transplant I don’t have an estimated about how much to spend but I’m willig to pay 10k to 13k for a good result

I would not spend any money at all and just shave it if you're not going to use medications. Hair transplants are not a substitute for medication more or less, and the choices of medications are few. It's a combination of surgical intervention and medications that yield the best results. 

A physician I know described it as trying to keep a bucket full with water, by pouring more water in, while having a hole in the bucket. 

So you have a difficult decision to make (like I and most on this forum had to make), which side effects are you most willing to risk? 

The side effects of just being bald, the emotions associated with it, etc; or using medications to help with your hair restoration. Side effects are rare and unfortunately, you don't have many choices of medications either. 

I hesitated for a few years before taking fin. When I started it, I was expecting my shlong to stop working. But nothing happened. 

I would consult with a hair transplant doctor to confirm your options, but they will likely tell you to start meds and recommend transplants. You may need a few. 

Hope this helps. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

5 hours ago, R Des said:

Oh my! Thank guys I was about to make a huge mistake , I’m gonna go to a derm here in USA to start some meds and like you guys said wait a couple months or almost a year anyway I want a top doctor and probably the waiting list it’s over a year so anyway I have to wait so my first options right now is Freitas , I don’t even know how to contact Cuoto I read in another post he don’t even take new patients it’s that true? And I was thinking Pekiner but I have mix feelings a lot people say it’s good and another few say I shouldn’t considered him I’m a little confused 

So my first option Freitas then Cuoto but I can’t even contact him , then Bisanga? I really dont wanna fly just for a consult but if he’s really good I’m willing to do it what do you think guys , it is worthy ?

Regarding Pekiner, I would be worried why he seems to be trying to be anonymous on the Internet, and can only be contacted indirectly through some assistant. While all the other clinics and Drs have big Internet presence, Pekiner seems to be wanting to be anonymous. I wonder what the reason might be?

6 hours ago, Xanadu said:

Regarding Pekiner, I would be worried why he seems to be trying to be anonymous on the Internet, and can only be contacted indirectly through some assistant. While all the other clinics and Drs have big Internet presence, Pekiner seems to be wanting to be anonymous. I wonder what the reason might be?

Yes in some point I was worried to contact him because it was hard to find him but I saw a couple recent posts about his work and that calmed me down a little bit but yes he’s hard to find

On 10/1/2022 at 3:47 PM, Z-- said:

I would also skip on Pekiner and HLC. They have okay results - some good and some bad. With your level of loss you cannot afford the risk of a bad surgery.

Where do I find bad results by Pekiner?

On 10/2/2022 at 12:39 AM, Xanadu said:

That’s Zarev also. He’s hard to reach and has a serious lack of results as well. But he gets regarded highly.

What’s that about?