Decided on Dr. Resul Yaman, what next?

I've been researching HT doctors in Istanbul for a few months now. After consulting with approximately 10 doctors - I down-selected to 3:

In no particular order:
1. Dr. Bicer
2. Dr. Turan
3. Dr. Yaman

Ultimately, I decided on Yaman and I'm set to have my procedure in Dec'22. Before my procedure, are there any specific requests I should bring up with my doctor based on other's past experiences? I want to make sure I maximize the results of my surgery. 

• Administrators

I would be careful with the temple points, make sure he uses microscopes to sort out the singles. Overall his work looks good. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

From my consultations this is what I learned:

1. Hairline consultation, opening channels, no difference all performed by the doctor.

2. Extraction - Bicer will do this at extra cost otherwise all three done by techs.

3. Implantation - All three use techs. Yaman and Turan use DHI pen method. Yaman claims to have a patent on particular DHI pen.

All three are a member of IAHRS. Only 5 doctors in Turkey are part of this network. Assuming there is minimal experience/quality to be part of IAHRS. 

I had a transplant with Yaman you can check my thread

Satisfied with the results (I'm little over 6 months so I can't yet give a final feedback but atm I'm pretty happy) and the procedure was painless (compared to what people told me). 

But  if you have the money and time to wait I would go with Bicer, because I saw some results that were not as good as mine.

Follow up was non existing though

• 1 year later...

I've just been to Dr Yaman for my transplant a few weeks ago so feel free to take a look at my experience, overall good experience but still early days to see anything close to a result. 

It's very much tech driven but the hairline design, consult and incisions are done by Dr Yaman. Similar to you looked at Dr Bicer and Fue Capilar as highly rated, only managed to get a quote back Dr Yaman and Dr Bicer but the cost difference was huge and both seemed to have the same level of clinical intervention. The only difference I could argue is it appears Dr Bicer only has one patient per day while I observed 3 while I was having my surgery so imagine Dr Bicer has greater clinical oversight.   

1 hour ago, RobsHair16 said:

I've just been to Dr Yaman for my transplant a few weeks ago so feel free to take a look at my experience, overall good experience but still early days to see anything close to a result. 

It's very much tech driven but the hairline design, consult and incisions are done by Dr Yaman. Similar to you looked at Dr Bicer and Fue Capilar as highly rated, only managed to get a quote back Dr Yaman and Dr Bicer but the cost difference was huge and both seemed to have the same level of clinical intervention. The only difference I could argue is it appears Dr Bicer only has one patient per day while I observed 3 while I was having my surgery so imagine Dr Bicer has greater clinical oversight.   

The use of techs alongside a Dr isn’t an issue if you are sure of the tech skill level. 

I can only speak for Dr Bicer as a patient but I know the ones she works with are the same ones day in day out (And have been for a number of years). This is very important , you know you are going to get a level of consistency.