Who would you guys recommend for crown work ? Tia

• Valued Contributor

Why Turkey and how old are you can I ask? Can you post some pics of your crown so we can get a better idea of your hair loss progression? Generally surgery is best performed from front to back (due to the supply/demand issues) and also to frame the face.

12 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Why Turkey and how old are you can I ask? Can you post some pics of your crown so we can get a better idea of your hair loss progression? Generally surgery is best performed from front to back (due to the supply/demand issues) and also to frame the face.

BACE2F9F-3977-498B-8D21-C296D318CFB3.jpeg

The crown is known as the "black hole" for grafts. Crown baldness is visually deceptive and often requires 2x or even 3x the amount of grafts than you would guess. 

Therefore, go to a surgeon is known for liberal graft counts. 

That all being said, I feel it is my duty to discourage anyone from getting an elective cosmetic procedure if I honestly think said person can live happily without it. Some people really are much better off with slightly more styling and therapeutically telling yourself that other people are likely not even noticing your own hair loss. The only people who really notice other people's subtle hairloss is hair transplant obsessives like oursleves. 

Have you ever tried putting fiber in your crown? I feel like it could cover your crown well. And it would only take 20 seconds to do in the morning. 

I implore you to consider this before going down the hair transplant route - which is full of risks, a very long timeline, and may unfortunately leave you worse off than you are now 😬

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

To be honest I’ve just ordered toppik to see how that goes along with finasteride & minoxidil & biotin, think I’m going to give it 12 months to see if there’s any improvement on the crown , and then if not transplant it is 

• Like 1

Also I’ve read that when using fin & min it will get worse before it could potentially get better if I respond to the meds with shedding I’ve read obviously shedding is a good sign that it’s working when could I expect that to happen and how long will it last ?

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2022 at 9:40 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

The crown is known as the "black hole" for grafts. Crown baldness is visually deceptive and often requires 2x or even 3x the amount of grafts than you would guess. 

Therefore, go to a surgeon is known for liberal graft counts. 

That all being said, I feel it is my duty to discourage anyone from getting an elective cosmetic procedure if I honestly think said person can live happily without it. Some people really are much better off with slightly more styling and therapeutically telling yourself that other people are likely not even noticing your own hair loss. The only people who really notice other people's subtle hairloss is hair transplant obsessives like oursleves. 

Have you ever tried putting fiber in your crown? I feel like it could cover your crown well. And it would only take 20 seconds to do in the morning. 

I implore you to consider this before going down the hair transplant route - which is full of risks, a very long timeline, and may unfortunately leave you worse off than you are now 😬

So nearly 2 months minoxidil & finasteride looks to be working mate what you think ? 

9E19425F-6B61-4623-87B8-9C218AA649D5.jpeg