Any fans of Dr.Acar and Cosmedica?

bigtyivier2k2

Any fans of Dr.Acar and Cosmedica?

A friend of mine is going to Turkey to get FUE from Cosmedica in November and I am thinking to tag along maybe get a consultation see how many grafts I have left. 

I had back to back FUT’s in 2020,2021 for a total of 4,900 grafts in New York and am not happy with the result. Coverage is kinda crappy and you can still see through the scalp from the top. However this might be because 4,900 grafts isnt that much for dense coverage on a Norwood 6.

Ideally I want another surgery this time FUE with Dr. Zarev in Bulgaria as his results seem second to none plus donor area will be limited. However i hear theres a 1.5-2 year wait for him and he also hasn’t replied to IG msg’s and emails.

Edited by bigtyivier2k2

• Administrators

Two vastly different surgeons, ones a notorious hair mill. How could you compare the two?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You already used almost 5.000 grafts, a poor pick would make your donor look overharvested. i suggest you look for doctors that are good in repair or are capable with working with harvested donor in order to preserve your donor look. 

To begin with, having a high NW from 5-7, you actually need more than 6.000 grafts for a normal HT look, which is still somewhat see through.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mafpe said:

You already used almost 5.000 grafts, a poor pick would make your donor look overharvested. i suggest you look for doctors that are good in repair or are capable with working with harvested donor in order to preserve your donor look. 

To begin with, having a high NW from 5-7, you actually need more than 6.000 grafts for a normal HT look, which is still somewhat see through.

Agreed with what you said. That’s why I keep trying to reach Dr.Zarev to no avail. He seems like the only choice at this point 

15 hours ago, mafpe said:

I don't think his donor will look overharvested if he had FUT.
OP please provide pic

• Administrators
2 hours ago, bigtyivier2k2 said:

Agreed with what you said. That’s why I keep trying to reach Dr.Zarev to no avail. He seems like the only choice at this point 

There are several fantastic surgeons. Dr. De Freitas, Dr. Pinto, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Mwamba, Dr. Konior, there’s NO surgeon on earth that is the only option.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, bigtyivier2k2 said:

What shape is your donor in now. All of the results posted by Dr Zarev have pristine donors. Perhaps look at excellent surgeons who augment with beard grafts. All the best!

8 hours ago, bigtyivier2k2 said:

dr zarev seems to have stellar work and rep for high NW, but most i have seen from him is on a "virgin scalp", but seeing the number of grafts he's managing, it should be a good pick. do notice that it is harder to work on an already worked donor however, since they have to make do with the pattern that is there provided, instead of just doing their regular most efficient pattern.

you also might want to fit farm for the same reason. that way you can actually get the coverage you want. this method will cost you a lot more though due to relocating the grafts. unfortunately i don't know much about fit farming to recommend anyone.