Question on Eugenix

JohnRahul

2 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

TBH, you just saw one case and imo overreacted over a botched temple hair alignment. The Eugenix criticism of '3-4 bad cases recently' is a little over used imo, especially when those results are spaced out and the influx of good results during and in between the time frame gets overlooked.

Not every HT or surgeon has 100% of the results. Maybe the issue here was that many people thought Eugenix has 100% good results?

I did read some of your reasoning, and while I see where your coming from especially with the upscale vs quality theory, i think at this time you were just looking for a reason to cancel Eugenix as you believed they were too good to be true, and hey at the end of the day you have to be comfortable with your choice.

Good luck to you!

Perhaps there is some truth to that, we all have to take decisions we are 100% comfortable with. 

• Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

2 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

@BaldingEagle1Why are you so adamant in your belief about a clinic you haven't even been to yet? It sounds like you're trying to convince and reassure yourself more than anyone else.

Im a numbers guy. I don't overreact based off of not even a handful of negative procedures my dude. Also, it's not that serious. You don't have to like them.

I was pointing out reason. 

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

4 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Im a numbers guy. I don't overreact based off of not even a handful of negative procedures my dude. Also, it's not that serious. You don't have to like them.

I was pointing out reason. 

You're a little more defensive than I would expect from a person claiming objectivity through data. From my viewpoint It comes across more as an attempt at self-reassurance.

Are you going with Eugenix's highest teir package, the one with Dr Sethi running your surgery?

4 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

You're a little more defensive than I would expect from a person claiming objectivity through data. From my viewpoint It comes across more as an attempt at self-reassurance.

Are you going with Eugenix's highest teir package, the one with Dr Sethi running your surgery?

lol sure.

No, mine is with Dr. Bansal next month

Nov 16, 2022

Just now, PizzaWolf said:

@BaldingEagle1okey dokey. I just thought as a data guy you might've opted to go with the doctor responsible for most of Eugenix's high norwood showstoppers on this forum.

I would say im confidently happy with the package I chose. Looking forward to seeing your input in my own thread ;)

Nov 16, 2022

3 hours ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

TBH, you just saw one case and imo overreacted over a botched temple hair alignment. The Eugenix criticism of '3-4 bad cases recently' is a little over used imo, especially when those results are spaced out and the influx of good results during and in between the time frame gets overlooked.

Not every HT or surgeon has 100% of the results. Maybe the issue here was that many people thought Eugenix has 100% good results?

I did read some of your reasoning, and while I see where your coming from especially with the upscale vs quality theory, i think at this time you were just looking for a reason to cancel Eugenix as you believed they were too good to be true, and hey at the end of the day you have to be comfortable with your choice.

Good luck to you!

It isn't the results that are damning, it's the stories of people like Haddock and others who seem to have been treated much more like a "customer" than a "patient". And frankly more like a customer at a fast food joint than a high end restaurant. 

How about I rephrase 

6 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

I would say im confidently happy with the package I chose. Looking forward to seeing your input in my own thread ;)

I'll rephrase without the snark, and hopefully you'll do the same.

If you're basing your decision on data gathered through this forum, why didn't you go with the Dr. Sethi package? He's clearly demonstrated the most consistent results for high norwoods, at least on the HRN.

Have you observed different results somewhere else to influence your decision to go with Dr. Bansal? I'm asking this as a legitimate question, not as an attempt to argue.

3 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

How about I rephrase 

If you're basing your decision on data gathered through this forum, why didn't you go with the Dr. Sethi package? He's clearly demonstrated the most consistent results for high norwoods, at least on the HRN.

Have you observed different results somewhere else to influence your decision to go with Dr. Bansal? I'm asking this as a legitimate question, not as an attempt to argue.

Based on finances and my risk tolerance, I went with Dr. Bansal. I've seen her high NW cases and I'm very happy I went with her. The only blemishes I've seen in this forum were donor mismanagement for lower grafts and NW cases.

I am a NW6, and every result, no matter who does it (Das, Sethi, or Bansal) have been really good.

Edited by BaldingEagle1

Nov 16, 2022

On 10/16/2022 at 3:27 PM, drawdownfx said:

I was scheduled to go to Eugenix but after seeing some poor cases particularly those of NW3 and lower I opted not to. I like having my hair short from the back and would not like that luxury to be taken away due to poor donor management. The angling issues also concerned me, it's all fine to be treated royally but when there are several technicians rotating that's just an added variable that could go wrong. The case on captain haddock had extractions all completed by Dr Arika and the donor management was not good in my eyes. This is not to say Eugenix hasn't produced some excellent results on higher NW cases but these are just my concerns for my scalp and my hair loss situation. It is definitely 100x better than going to 80% of the turkey clinics but for me I want more involvement by a doctor, hair transplant is an art and there is a thin line between the art and the profitable business side of it.

can you put a link for the poor cases

22 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

How about I rephrase 

This is a position with some logical issues, because the truth is that even in the "Sethi" package, Sethi is only doing the design and slit making. The senior techs still do the extraction and implantation. So the idea that there is a wild difference in outcome with the highest package vs a lower one; it's just not an accurate idea. What you're really paying for in the highest two packages is for Sethi or Bansal to be there for a little bit of the time with you, when they would normally be doing more expansive business things in their lives. I think @Bandit90 would confirm that. Of course there is advantage to having one of those two world class doctors doing the design, but it's not always essential. I had Dr. Das, another senior doctor, do my design, and I don't believe there would have been any major differences if Sethi would have done it for me.

52 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

This is a position with some logical issues, because the truth is that even in the "Sethi" package, Sethi is only doing the design and slit making. The senior techs still do the extraction and implantation. So the idea that there is a wild difference in outcome with the highest package vs a lower one; it's just not an accurate idea. What you're really paying for in the highest two packages is for Sethi or Bansal to be there for a little bit of the time with you, when they would normally be doing more expansive business things in their lives. I think @Bandit90 would confirm that. Of course there is advantage to having one of those two world class doctors doing the design, but it's not always essential. I had Dr. Das, another senior doctor, do my design, and I don't believe there would have been any major differences if Sethi would have done it for me.

I was attempting to gauge someone else's position on Eugenix and the decision making going into which doctor, package, etc.

My personal opinion on Eugenix, or any surgeon that offers tiered packages, is that it's unethical. I wouldn't even consider going to them for surgery.

But to each their own. We all have to decide what risks are acceptable or not.

14 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

I was attempting to gauge someone else's position on Eugenix and the decision making going into which doctor, package, etc.

My personal opinion on Eugenix, or any surgeon that offers tiered packages, is that it's unethical. I wouldn't even consider going to them for surgery.

But to each their own. We all have to decide what risks are acceptable or not.

I know exactly that. I hope my response added something valuable.

Tiered packages unethical? I'm sure capitalism is, too. All part of a perspective.

On 9/17/2022 at 7:53 AM, Karan Chawla said:

I've opted for the Premium package, Dr. Arika will be doing the procedure. I wanted the best doc as I got botched in the last hair transplantation. I will be needing some extraction as well. I will keep you guys updating. 

Cheers.  

hello - The premium package says - planning /design and complete slits by Dr. Arika ?.....i dont think shes involved other than that ..is that correct ?

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

hello - The premium package says - planning /design and complete slits by Dr. Arika ?.....i dont think shes involved other than that ..is that correct ?

As far as I understand yes you are correct.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 2:51 AM, Jay said:

There also said that she does crucial extractions. Ops, no. My mistake. It says Plan/Des/Slits. I whish I could delete the post but I can not

Edited by Murat-kz

Does anyone have doubts about possible downfalls of DHT method? If they have only 15 minutes for tha grafts examination and refining does it create some rush which can affect quality? Plus I saw some videos on You tube in which it is hard to notice a person using a microscope.

21 minutes ago, Murat-kz said:

Does anyone have doubts about possible downfalls of DHT method? If they have only 15 minutes for tha grafts examination and refining does it create some rush which can affect quality? Plus I saw some videos on You tube in which it is hard to notice a person using a microscope.

No, I think it is an obvious benefit.

On 10/18/2022 at 7:46 PM, general-etwan said:

Even though I went with Dr Sethi, from what I have experienced/seen I would have zero issue going with an other Eugenix doc for a future procedure.  No matter what package you choose you as a minimum you are going to get an experienced doctor making the slits and a senior tech doing the extractions. For those who have issues with techs doing extraction (I was very much in this boat pre-procedure btw) I learned that there two Eugenix senior techs who do all the extractions and have been doing this for the last 13 years, so going through the process twice already, if I got given a choice between the docs doing the extraction or their senior techs, I would 100% be requesting that the the senior techs do it.

Edited by Bandit90

On 10/31/2022 at 9:38 PM, Bandit90 said:

Even though I went with Dr Sethi, from what I have experienced/seen I would have zero issue going with an other Eugenix doc for a future procedure.  No matter what package you choose you as a minimum you are going to get an experienced doctor making the slits and a senior tech doing the extractions. For those who have issues with techs doing extraction (I was very much in this boat pre-procedure btw) I learned that there two Eugenix senior techs who do all the extractions and have been doing this for the last 13 years, so going through the process twice already, if I got given a choice between the docs doing the extraction or their senior techs, I would 100% be requesting that the the senior techs do it.

Agreed with this. My tech had an experience of 9 years. And although my donor is still recovering so the jury is still out there, but the extraction pattern itself is really good.

I'm wanting to go with Eugenix and have been quoted roughly 5k for the 75INR package and roughly 8k for the 120 package. I have a nw6 and need 5500 grafts, some taken from the beard. I have specified I'd like Dr das to be involved if I go for the 8k package. I am now basically trying to work out if it's worth the extra 3k or not.