Travelling from USA to India @EUGENIX, Need advice

Hello folks, 
I'm new to this forum, have been quite researching from the last 3-4 years, I had one surgery done in the past but sadly it wasn't successful. 

I have looked into different clinics and currently leaning towards Eugenix for the coming week. Bisanga also is a good option for me, plus how long does it take to heal.

Can somebody please advise me what to pack for India and what to expect from the surgery. Any other additional clinics reference will do good as well. Kindly provide me with your advises. I've seen great results and great content from @Eugenix Hair Sciences, many aussies and people from USA got great results. 

Cheers for your inputs in advance. 

• Like 1

I just had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Arika Bansal and giving her some training in SMP. Very impressed with her knowledge and expertise. You're in good hands. Also I have a client who went to her and his results looked great!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hello,

I'm sorry that the first operation failed. Did you apply FUT or FUE technique in the first operation?  This is a very important situation for your second operation. It is very important in terms of setting your expectations.

It is necessary to examine your donor area and determine how much of an area to cover. Of course, we can comment on your photos for this.

If you have any questions, I would like to answer them.

Dr.Kuddusi ONAY

2 hours ago, hairthere said:

I just had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Arika Bansal and giving her some training in SMP. Very impressed with her knowledge and expertise. You're in good hands. Also I have a client who went to her and his results looked great!

wow, that's great, SMP coming to Eugenix. 
Felt good, more confidence now at Eugenix. 

7 minutes ago, dronay said:

Hello,

I'm sorry that the first operation failed. Did you apply FUT or FUE technique in the first operation?  This is a very important situation for your second operation. It is very important in terms of setting your expectations.

It is necessary to examine your donor area and determine how much of an area to cover. Of course, we can comment on your photos for this.

If you have any questions, I would like to answer them.

Dr.Kuddusi ONAY

Hello Doctor, Thanks for your reply, I did FUE in India in 2018. It was not successful at all, I will be sharing the pictures soon in this thread. 

My donor i think looks okay to me, i will be needing some extractions and hair line augmentation plus some hairs in the hairlines.

Once I share the picture, i think it will be better for you to understand. 

The second operation is essential. It will likely be your last operation. Of course, it will be more understandable after the photos. We can talk about all the details with your photos.

If you are in the UK, you can also come to my clinic in London to take a closer look at your donor area.

Dr.Kuddusi ONAY

Hi @Karan Chawla- Over time on this forum, I have come across your same question and have saved some of the advice which I included below.

Some may be outdated if it relates to traveling during the height of COVID- GOOD LUCK! You are going to an excellent clinic!

I'd get a power converter / adapter. I got one and it was a life saver both in the room and also with the many hours and days spent at the clinic. I was working on the trip and could not have dealt without reliable power for both my cellphone and laptop. Bring a very small travel size spray bottle for hydrating the grafts. Something small enough that can go thru airport security. Bring some sweatshirt like, zip up jackets. Clinic can be very cold at times. 

Don't worry about medical caps, they give you a ton of disposables if you need extra. Otherwise, I think you'll be good. Eugenix for the most part, will take care of everything else you need. Even extra finasteride, which I'd highly recommend getting from them. It's a lot cheaper!

have some rupees on hand when you arrive or you can exchange at the airport. If you haven't provided the clinic with all of the blood tests before arriving, you have to pay a clinician to come to Eugenix and do the rest of the tests. About 2000 rupees. Plus you will need a negative PCR test to fly back to Canada. Eugenix will arrange. I was told the cost was about 1000 rupees.

- bring a comfortable neck pillow to sleep on for first two to three days. Bring something to wrap around the pillow so that you don't get blood on it during the sleep. There will still be a little bleeding after the surgery, particularly when you lay your end down at night.

- no need for converter. The hotel has plugs which will take N American devices. 

- My phone did work at airport but wifi requires that an SMS verification code be sent to phone and that didn't work. There is a kiosk located just prior to the exit doors after baggage pickup. They can give you a wifi password to use if you are communicating with your Eugenix rep via WhatsApp

-

- Hotel has complimentary breakfast buffet. Definitely eat a good breakfast each day of surgery since you have to take a few pills prior to surgery and the breakfast keeps the stomach strong with the meds

- Make sure that you have the area being worked fully anesthetized.  That's an uncomfortable process as they run a needle over a large area to numb the area having surgery. After they apply the anasthesia, have them poke the whole area to see if they missed a spot. That happened to me a couple of times. When they went to extract or implant in an area not fully numbed, it really hurts. The point is to have no pain at all in the area so make sure you communicate with the techs.

- at the tail end of my day two surgery, I believe that the number of grafts extracted fell short by the number of slits created by Dr. Bansal. Suddenly, it seemed the techs were rushed to extract the right of grafts and so they had to numb the areas again. The one tech, who didn't do the anesthesia before, was now applying it and missed some spots so when another tech when to extract the grafts with the motorized punch, it was coring into a part of the scalp that was not numbed. I had to stop the surgery and make sure that the entire area was prepared properly before commencing because it hurt like hell! Still hurts in that region of the scalp.

- you can bring a couple of smaller bottles to transfer the saline solution in for the return flight. You need to keep the recipient area sprayed every other hour through the day for 7 days. But Dr. Bansal can write a medical note exempting the airline from withholding a large bottle of liquid if it is used for medical purposes. She is giving me a note tomorrow or Thursday so we will see if it gets it past the security checkpoints at the airport.

Let me know if you have ?'s

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jerome said:

Are u nervous about flying thousands of miles away to india i also thought about flying there to do a operation .

I would say, a little bit because I will be travelling back to India after 21 years. Alot has changed since then and I just keep going on with my research. 
Never thought of going to India for my hair transplantation. 
How about you buddy? Have you been or still thinking to go to eugenix 

1 hour ago, SLA said:

Hi @Karan Chawla- Over time on this forum, I have come across your same question and have saved some of the advice which I included below.

Some may be outdated if it relates to traveling during the height of COVID- GOOD LUCK! You are going to an excellent clinic!

I'd get a power converter / adapter. I got one and it was a life saver both in the room and also with the many hours and days spent at the clinic. I was working on the trip and could not have dealt without reliable power for both my cellphone and laptop. Bring a very small travel size spray bottle for hydrating the grafts. Something small enough that can go thru airport security. Bring some sweatshirt like, zip up jackets. Clinic can be very cold at times. 

Don't worry about medical caps, they give you a ton of disposables if you need extra. Otherwise, I think you'll be good. Eugenix for the most part, will take care of everything else you need. Even extra finasteride, which I'd highly recommend getting from them. It's a lot cheaper!

have some rupees on hand when you arrive or you can exchange at the airport. If you haven't provided the clinic with all of the blood tests before arriving, you have to pay a clinician to come to Eugenix and do the rest of the tests. About 2000 rupees. Plus you will need a negative PCR test to fly back to Canada. Eugenix will arrange. I was told the cost was about 1000 rupees.

- bring a comfortable neck pillow to sleep on for first two to three days. Bring something to wrap around the pillow so that you don't get blood on it during the sleep. There will still be a little bleeding after the surgery, particularly when you lay your end down at night.

- no need for converter. The hotel has plugs which will take N American devices. 

- My phone did work at airport but wifi requires that an SMS verification code be sent to phone and that didn't work. There is a kiosk located just prior to the exit doors after baggage pickup. They can give you a wifi password to use if you are communicating with your Eugenix rep via WhatsApp

-

- Hotel has complimentary breakfast buffet. Definitely eat a good breakfast each day of surgery since you have to take a few pills prior to surgery and the breakfast keeps the stomach strong with the meds

- Make sure that you have the area being worked fully anesthetized.  That's an uncomfortable process as they run a needle over a large area to numb the area having surgery. After they apply the anasthesia, have them poke the whole area to see if they missed a spot. That happened to me a couple of times. When they went to extract or implant in an area not fully numbed, it really hurts. The point is to have no pain at all in the area so make sure you communicate with the techs.

- at the tail end of my day two surgery, I believe that the number of grafts extracted fell short by the number of slits created by Dr. Bansal. Suddenly, it seemed the techs were rushed to extract the right of grafts and so they had to numb the areas again. The one tech, who didn't do the anesthesia before, was now applying it and missed some spots so when another tech when to extract the grafts with the motorized punch, it was coring into a part of the scalp that was not numbed. I had to stop the surgery and make sure that the entire area was prepared properly before commencing because it hurt like hell! Still hurts in that region of the scalp.

- you can bring a couple of smaller bottles to transfer the saline solution in for the return flight. You need to keep the recipient area sprayed every other hour through the day for 7 days. But Dr. Bansal can write a medical note exempting the airline from withholding a large bottle of liquid if it is used for medical purposes. She is giving me a note tomorrow or Thursday so we will see if it gets it past the security checkpoints at the airport.

Wooooooowwwwww. Can't thank you enough buddy. 

People like you makes this forums one of the best!! i researched alot, asked eugenix as well and they mention most of this but i definitely loved this detailed reply. great detailing. really appreciated. 

• Like 1

Hello @Karan Chawla, You have chosen a great clinic, I myself was had chosen Eugenix. You will definitely love the hospitality and the food there. 
P.s not to forget the hotels and weather. Now a day it's been quite cloudy and rain sometimes. 

Keep us updated. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MazAB said:

When will you be there? I'll be landing on the 30th of September for my 2nd procedure.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Wooww, that's great. Are you again going with Dr. Sethi in this year's september?

Please share your journey, I loved your thread and I will be expecting more. Good luck buddy, enjoy and relax. 

• Like 1

@Karan Chawla, When are you planning to go to Eugenix, I visited them recently after 2 years.
Everything remains the same, Dr. Sethi energetic appearance is something that boost confidence in patients. It might be difficult for a patient to find them in Gurgaon (Delhi), the navigations doesn't works that properly i guess but It was way better this time. 

Keep us updated, 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SLA said:

-

ouch.. that sounds painful..

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

On 9/15/2022 at 10:10 PM, SLA said:

-

Let me know if you have?'s

Thanks for these points. very useful. points related scenarios that u faced at the time of surgery will really help others when they are going for surgery. they can inform their lead doctor to avoid these things.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for sharing your experience and I have scheduled it for 19 September. It was going to be 24 sept. but I requested them to accommodate me a bit earlier as I have some board meetings on 29th. I guess this will allow me to grow some hairs and let the donor heal quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLA said:

I have heard it is best to sleep with a travel pillow following surgery to not 'disturb' the grafts.

Will any travel pillow do?

As per my knowledge, only when the crown or temple is done. Otherwise it's good to sleep straight. Anyways neck pillow is a always a good idea tho.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Karan Chawla said:

Thank you guys for sharing your experience and I have scheduled it for 19 September. It was going to be 24 sept. but I requested them to accommodate me a bit earlier as I have some board meetings on 29th. I guess this will allow me to grow some hairs and let the donor heal quickly. 

That's great, share your journey with us. I am asking them for pictures as well so i can share my journey as well. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:46 PM, hairthere said:

That's great, Is eugenix planning to start SMP soon?
Nobody in my knowledge does a good SMP in India. 

3 hours ago, Delta Bravo said:

That's great, Is eugenix planning to start SMP soon?
Nobody in my knowledge does a good SMP in India. 

I wouldn't say soon as they have more training to do. I'm sure they will make an announcement when the time comes. 

• Like 2

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Just a few more specifics I’d add reading this having had my procedure the past 3 days:

* Power adaptor unnecessary; standard wall plugs in Hilton hotel rooms

* Bring a backpack or small bag with you to Eugenix each day with critical belongings and then you can put your clothes in there when you change into surgical clothing

* Carrying physical rupees is unnecessary unless you have a specific reason to or aren’t using international credit cards

* Eugenix will give you everything you need post procedure including neck pillow

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 3

Hello Guys, jetlagged definitely, Just had a nap. Half way there, so far the experience had been great and I loved the hospitality as everyone says. Just need to go there tomorrow in the morning for another few hours. 

I am so glad that I've chosen this clinic, food was great, Technique is great, technicians are great, counsellors are great, just some issues in the payment (My mistake i guess should've asked them earlier) I will map from journey soon with the pictures. Thank you everyone who had contributed their precious time in replying me. 

• Like 4