Best hair transplant docs/clinics near Australia

Was set on bogota hairlines due to doc, client stories, the way they do the procedure, and price. However, a flight from Australia to Columbia is very expensive. As well as the long travel time, is that an issue post procedure?
So I’m wondering who are the best docs near Australia that have great results, perform the procedure not techs, and have reasonable prices?

I see some Thailand docs on the recommended list what are y’alls opinions on them? Also curious what y’all think of dr camacho from bogota hairlines 

Edited by Iceee222

• Administrators

Dr. Laorwong and Dr. Path in Thailand.

Use our list as a starting point for research 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Ice,

Have you been able to stabilise your hairloss yet and are you still using topical medication or have you tried oral?

I'm also in Australia but am trying to stabilise my hair loss with medication before pulling the trigger on a hair transplant.

If I do go down the hair transplant route it's highly unlikely I'll do it in (or near) Australia. The procedure is too important to be influenced by the cost of flights.

Edited by Viney
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I have to say that for the cost of a day or two in the air and a couple of days in another country is minuscule when you soon realize that you will be looking at your results in the mirror every morning for the rest of your life. Choose a doctor that turns out work on a regular basis that is not only excellent but is in line with your own hair loss and goals.

• Like 2

I've noted more than once that people on this forum who know a lot about hair transplant surgeries don't think any of the doctors in Australia are even close to being elite surgeons. Maybe that will change at some point, but I'd look further afield too.

It's totally worth it in my opinion to be selective on your surgeon and take the extra time and pay the extra money to go to them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Laorwong and Dr. Path in Thailand.

Use our list as a starting point for research 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

Appreciate the reply thanks. You seem to be very in the know with hair transplant docs and clinics. I see Dr. Laorwong on the recommended list and Path on the list does this mean they are some of the better surgeons in the industry/Would you consider them if you were to get a transplant?

Edited by Iceee222

2 hours ago, Mark Wolfer said:

I've noted more than once that people on this forum who know a lot about hair transplant surgeries don't think any of the doctors in Australia are even close to being elite surgeons. Maybe that will change at some point, but I'd look further afield too.

It's totally worth it in my opinion to be selective on your surgeon and take the extra time and pay the extra money to go to them.

Hey totally agree thanks. Both Thailand docs are on the recommended list. You know or have opinions on Dr. Laorwong or path?

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I have to say that for the cost of a day or two in the air and a couple of days in another country is minuscule when you soon realize that you will be looking at your results in the mirror every morning for the rest of your life. Choose a doctor that turns out work on a regular basis that is not only excellent but is in line with your own hair loss and goals.

Will do thanks completely agree!  In your own opinion what do u think of Dr. Laorwong or dr. Path?  They are both on the recommended list. 

1 minute ago, Iceee222 said:

Hey totally agree thanks. Both Thailand docs are on the recommended list. You know or have opinions on Dr. Laorwong or path?

I'm not from that part of the world, but nothing was more helpful for me in making my decision on which Dr. to go with than looking at patient provided pictures of their results.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Viney said:

Hi Ice,

Have you been able to stabilise your hairloss yet and are you still using topical medication or have you tried oral?

I'm also in Australia but am trying to stabilise my hair loss with medication before pulling the trigger on a hair transplant.

If I do go down the hair transplant route it's highly unlikely I'll do it in (or near) Australia. The procedure is too important to be influenced by the cost of flights.

I have been able to w topical fin and min. Where are u looking into? 

Both Thailand docs are on the recommended list on here. Seems to me they are well trusted and respected. 

Just now, Mark Wolfer said:

I'm not from that part of the world, but nothing was more helpful for me in making my decision on which Dr. to go with than looking at patient provided pictures of their results.

Appreciate it thanks. Who did you end up going with?

44 minutes ago, Iceee222 said:

I have been able to w topical fin and min. Where are u looking into? 

Both Thailand docs are on the recommended list on here. Seems to me they are well trusted and respected. 

Glad to hear you're on top of your hair loss, that's the most important thing.

I think you might find it worthwhile looking through some of @_lshy's threads as he was originally looking to get a transplant in Australia and ended up going to Thailand, there's some good considerations made in these threads.

Edited by Viney

In my opinion it's madness to to limit yourself to surgeons location near geographically, especially as the cost of flights aren't necessarily much more for further away. Not that there's anything wrong with the two Thai doctors mentioned but you really want to consult with more that a couple of doctors (even recommended ones) before making your decision

• Like 2

On 9/15/2022 at 3:38 AM, BurnieBurns said:

In my opinion it's madness to to limit yourself to surgeons location near geographically, especially as the cost of flights aren't necessarily much more for further away. Not that there's anything wrong with the two Thai doctors mentioned but you really want to consult with more that a couple of doctors (even recommended ones) before making your decision

Hey thanks for your reply. I have been looking around and a few new doctors have come to mind for me. Do you have any recommendations I should look into?

after reviewing other docs I still am impressed with the 2 tai doctors as you seem to be too?

10 hours ago, Iceee222 said:

Hey thanks for your reply. I have been looking around and a few new doctors have come to mind for me. Do you have any recommendations I should look into?

after reviewing other docs I still am impressed with the 2 tai doctors as you seem to be too?

There is no best surgeon overall, the is only the best for your specific case.

Ove elite surgeon may suggest a very different approach from another. You can share more detail and photos of your starting point if you want some input.

Youll want to hear as many credible perspectives as possible.

Edited by BurnieBurns

22 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

There is no best surgeon overall, the is only the best for your specific case.

Ove elite surgeon may suggest a very different approach from another. You can share more detail and photos of your starting point if you want some input.

Youll want to hear as many credible perspectives as possible.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve hit up many surgeons and that all seem to recommend 25-2800 grafts with the majority to hairline and front of scalp. They said possibly fill in mid scalp but easier to tell in person. I seem happy w that as I will for sure have more grafts in future if I need hair transplant. I want to be on the conservative side. My pics are below. If you think u know someone who would be great for me that’d be awesome. Im 25 been on fin and min topically for 3 years now. 

FB5199D6-7B73-4E22-92A0-ED6F7074BEE0.jpeg

7FB2C33E-7550-4EC0-B1E7-15E9CEBD1C67.jpeg

C25B7D1E-9136-4D5F-9C16-28794BF15CC9.jpeg

F47C835D-B1E0-40E4-BAB2-EDC8E5373805.png

64DA8F7F-EEA3-44F1-BC01-D9276D7DF3AB.png

9FB6C2BF-68FD-4EB7-B649-DF615BA0901C.png

68F1748D-C029-400B-B9B1-8AA18E3D48EA.png

81455621-3B45-428F-AE81-71C67ED4C430.jpeg

CBEC1CC5-F77B-446A-9A44-4561E9682D1D.png

6EB439BA-F0A1-4BF2-BBD8-A023995C2CEF.png

4CA450DC-95EE-4A57-AC8D-8698B8D21765.png

4A3ECE35-3509-4030-B76B-A22BF12F9857.png

FEB26BDD-5DEF-4CC6-BE36-ED2ACC644E1F.png

0B04892C-2F0E-42E6-8ACC-21EBAA1B184F.png

22 minutes ago, Iceee222 said:

Thanks for the reply. I’ve hit up many surgeons and that all seem to recommend 25-2800 grafts with the majority to hairline and front of scalp. They said possibly fill in mid scalp but easier to tell in person. I seem happy w that as I will for sure have more grafts in future if I need hair transplant. I want to be on the conservative side. My pics are below. If you think u know someone who would be great for me that’d be awesome. Im 25 been on fin and min topically for 3 years now. 

FB5199D6-7B73-4E22-92A0-ED6F7074BEE0.jpeg

7FB2C33E-7550-4EC0-B1E7-15E9CEBD1C67.jpeg

C25B7D1E-9136-4D5F-9C16-28794BF15CC9.jpeg

F47C835D-B1E0-40E4-BAB2-EDC8E5373805.png

64DA8F7F-EEA3-44F1-BC01-D9276D7DF3AB.png

9FB6C2BF-68FD-4EB7-B649-DF615BA0901C.png

68F1748D-C029-400B-B9B1-8AA18E3D48EA.png

81455621-3B45-428F-AE81-71C67ED4C430.jpeg

CBEC1CC5-F77B-446A-9A44-4561E9682D1D.png

6EB439BA-F0A1-4BF2-BBD8-A023995C2CEF.png

4CA450DC-95EE-4A57-AC8D-8698B8D21765.png

4A3ECE35-3509-4030-B76B-A22BF12F9857.png

FEB26BDD-5DEF-4CC6-BE36-ED2ACC644E1F.png

0B04892C-2F0E-42E6-8ACC-21EBAA1B184F.png

Thanks for sharing, based on these, that sounds like a good conservative number. Hopefully those surgeons were all recommended? Make sure to look at their examples being sure their crystal clear, check their hairline designs, are they in keeping with the style you’re hoping to achieve?

Read the experiences of former patients. If you’re absolutely confident with more than one surgeon, then you can start factoring in costs and travel.

that’s my two cents.

I’m New Zealand based and made a big mistake by going somewhere local when the country was locked down. I should have waited.

5 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

Thanks for sharing, based on these, that sounds like a good conservative number. Hopefully those surgeons were all recommended? Make sure to look at their examples being sure their crystal clear, check their hairline designs, are they in keeping with the style you’re hoping to achieve?

Read the experiences of former patients. If you’re absolutely confident with more than one surgeon, then you can start factoring in costs and travel.

that’s my two cents.

I’m New Zealand based and made a big mistake by going somewhere local when the country was locked down. I should have waited.

Ok appreciate the advice thanks. Yeah they’ve all been on the recommended so far except a few docs from Europe who have received very high praises in all these posts from senior members on here  

wondering what docs u recommend?

• Valued Contributor
On 9/15/2022 at 1:50 PM, Iceee222 said:

Will do thanks completely agree!  In your own opinion what do u think of Dr. Laorwong or dr. Path?  They are both on the recommended list. 

@Iceee222 the surgeon you choose should be dictated by having a large body of work on patients who have the same hair loss as you with results that you are aiming for. Thailand does have two good surgeons. However once your up in the air you really may as well go to who you feel is the surgeon who best meets your hair loss needs. All the best! 

Edited by Gatsby

1 hour ago, BurnieBurns said:

that’s my two cents.

I'm from New Zealand too, I can't believe you went to a surgeon here!!! Price the same as the top surgeons in Europe/USA , yet results on par with a Turkish mill

Find a quality surgeon overseas get it repaired

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spring15 said:

I'm from New Zealand too, I can't believe you went to a surgeon here!!! Price the same as the top surgeons in Europe/USA , yet results on par with a Turkish mill

Find a quality surgeon overseas get it repaired

I have one booked for November at Hasson and Wong. 
My god.. what the one here thinks they can get away with is beyond shameful 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, BurnieBurns said:

I have one booked for November at Hasson and Wong. 
My god.. what the one here thinks they can get away with is beyond shameful 

Good choice they are top notch. Only downfall is the long flight durations we have to endure. I have 3 flights to get to Turkey in December to go with Dr Bicer. Like over 30 hours travel/stop offs lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@Iceee222 the surgeon you choose should be dictated by having a large body of work on patients who have the same hair loss as you with results that you are aiming for. Thailand does have two good surgeons. However once your up in the air you really may as well go to who you feel is the surgeon who best meets your hair loss needs. All the best! 

Hey thanks for the reply I appreciate it good advice. So I’ve been looking around and I feel like a lot of surgeons have a wide variety of cases and most have experience with my type of hair loss. If there’s any in particular that you are aware of that be great if you let me know! I was very interested in De Freitas pinto couto and ferriera but unfortunately de Freitas can’t can’t me in until February 2024 and the others cant even get me a consultation online until then. 

looking into Mwamba, Ahmad, heinicke, and feriduni, and devroye

7 hours ago, Spring15 said:

Good choice they are top notch. Only downfall is the long flight durations we have to endure. I have 3 flights to get to Turkey in December to go with Dr Bicer. Like over 30 hours travel/stop offs lol

Hey curious what made you decide on bicer and what other docs you were looking at? I am looking into Dr. Bicer as well