Scheduled Consults with Dr Shapiro & Dr Konior

Irish-1

Hi,

Wanted to see if anyone had any feedback in regards to Dr Shapiro in Minnesota or Dr Konior in Chicago, i have scheduled a consult with both and would like to hear some personal experiences from anyone out there. I had a consult with Dr Wentland before doing a little more research and will be staying away from him! thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Todd

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

Both are great docs. I went to Shapiro and couldnt be happier . Have seen some impressive results from each of these clinics .

I would first find all the pics you can from these two and set up a consult with both to see who you feel more comfortable with.

Good choice to stay away from any of the Illinois docs besides Konior.

Thanks for the help, i have heard nothing but bad things about all the bad experiences with the Dr's in the Chicago area, I will have to travel to Minnesota to meet with Dr Shapiro but from what i hear it is worth the trip. I also have heard the he does some of the best work and his price point is very competitive at the same time. Does anyone recommend staying overnight if i choose Dr Shapiro? Also i have heard they offer packages for people that are coming from out of sate, is that true? Thanks!

Todd

You're best bet is to talk directly w/ SMG, and go see them like you intend to -- they have 2nd to none patient care and will work with you on whatever the details are of your particular case.

Not knowing where you're traveling *from*, I'd still heartily recco staying the night of your surgery -- it's a long...long day....a good one, but very long....and if you can swing it I think spending the night vs. even a couple hour drive is def optimal.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks i will be traveling from Chicago and plan on staying 2 nights if i choose Dr Shapiro, Also being that Dr Konier is only 1 hour from me and comes with great recco i plan on consulting with him also. Kinda of a nice story, i told Dr Konier that i am going to consult with Shapiro also, his response was "That is a great choice, if i were to have the procedure myself Dr. Shapiro is who i would have perform it" thought that was great!

Wanted to see if anyone had any feedback in regards to Dr Shapiro in Minnesota or Dr Konior in Chicago

These are 2 of the top 5 doctors in alot of people's opinions.They always say dont make travel or finance an obstacle when considering a HT, but with these 2 it may only come down to that for you. Great choices!!

Good choice to stay away from any of the Illinois docs besides Konior.

Please Grow Please,

I'm not sure why you added the above statement to your otherwise excellent post.

Maybe you don't recall, but Dr. Keller has been prescreened and found to meet our high standards for recommendation.

You of course are entitled to your opinion, but it would be nice if you at least acknowledged the high standards that we maintain for all doctors recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

Bill

Left a message with Keller and sent a Virtual consult and did not hear anything back yet or i would have talked to him, still would being he is an hour away, but seems that Dr. K and Shapiro are held in very high regard

TOS7581,

Definitely, you will want to spend the night after surgery. In fact, I highly recommend staying about two nights in the area to allow for the clinic to wash your hair following surgery. I find this a great opportunity for them to inspect everything, for the Doctor to look everything over, and for you to ask lots of questions.

As for your doctors, I'd be biased, as I traveled to see SMG after some lengthy research (see my weblog for more details).

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Both are great docs. I went to Shapiro and couldnt be happier .

This just got me thinking - do you have photos posted? I'd love to see how everything is going for you.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

I have not met Dr Shapiro but I will say Janna and Jason (who both work for him) have been helpful to many people by answering their questions on this board. Good luck with everything! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs