At what time of the day do you take finasteride?

At what time of the day do you take finasteride?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Valued Contributor

The rational for taking it in the evening is because your testosterone levels peak in the morning and it is so that the two combine at the same time. This is if you are experiencing side effects. If you don't experience side effects then anytime at the same time each day is fine.

Personally i have for a long time been taking it in the evening. I tried to build a routine where after an evening meal i take it and just go to sleep shortly after. 

I think routine is the most important thing for people regardless of timing. For Finasteride etc. to be effective it has to be regularly taken and although people say missing a day here and there won't have a massive impact, i've read of people who regularly ended up missing days at a time. 

Imo, the efficacy for a product is based on consistent use and especially for example with people who use topical Minoxodil or Finasteride. Minoxodil topically they say should be applied 2x a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening, so to me at least that's even more of a commitment. 

It takes about a day for the body to clear the drug, but its effect on DHT lasts for days. This is why some guys with milder hair loss can get away with lower doses, skipping days. Since I try to always wake up at the same time each morning, even on the weekends when I'm not working, I take it then right before I brush my teeth. There's just too many things subject to change as the day unfolds, easier to get distracted and forget to take it.

Lol at finasteride bruh taking full dose daily ~~~ lOOK in here for eliminating sides ...

Personally, when I used to take finasteride I took it every morning because it was just best for my personal schedule. In my opinion, really doesn’t matter what time of the day you take it but it’s probably better to be relatively consistent. It doesn’t have to be the exact same time in order for it to be effective given the long half-life of the drug however, consistency is usually better when taking daily medication.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.