Is my crown thinning?

The crown area can be a nightmare and your problems that the whorl pattern similar to mine is near the middle and it gives a visual of at times looking much thinner. 

Given your age, i think yours is just the age. I do think at 32, mine probably did thin a little bit because i wasn't using medication until like 31 due to fear mongering i read. 

I've seen teenagers with practically perfect looking hairlines have similar crowns, so best to just think of it as a natural thing and you having higher skin to hair contrast, this just visually makes it look worse than it is. 

How old are you? It looks like a "natural bald spot". Pretty common to have in the crown. 

I can understand why it would upset you, but its totally natural and not related to MPB. 

As it stands now it shouldn't progress or get worse (if it does, then you would indeed have mpb)

• Like 1

Thebulyeagle,

To be honest, it’s very difficult to tell from the pictures if the crown is thinning or not. They say that one has to lose about 50% of their hair in a given area before it really becomes cosmetically noticeable that they’re experiencing hair loss.  

I would venture to guess that you’re not experiencing hair loss and that you’re just experiencing a cowlick due to the natural whorl pattern in the crown.  But like I said above, it’s difficult to draw any real conclusions without viewing the scalp under magnification. Therefore, I suggest seeing a dermatologist who can give you a professional analysis after viewing your scalp and hair under magnification.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.