Which of those Clinics?

Hello everybody,

I am 28 years old, got blonde relatively thin hair and it began to thin out about 4-5 years ago. 
My hairdresser told me at the moment it stopped thinning out but I am unsure.

I got a genetically receding hairline and on the top of my head the hair is very thin.

Donor area is still full of hair.

Everyone I contacted so far told me I’d need about 3500 Grafts but I don’t know whom to chose since everyone seemed competent:

Smile Hair Clinic (found out about from social media), 3300-3800 Grafts

Dr. Resul Yaman (found out about in this forum), 3500 - 4000 Grafts

Elithair (found out about a work colleague), 3500 Grafts

Can you help me which to choose or which to definitely NOT choose?

Thank you very much 

Smile Hair Clinic and Elithair are hair mills, you will have a high chance of being botched or even on a successful surgery no planning for your future.

While Dr Yaman is reccomended on this forum, I've not been impressed with his recent results on his forum. I wouldn't choose any of them.

Please share some photos so we can see how much hair loss you have and you can get good responses.

Before any surgery you will need to stabilize your hair loss before you do anything. No point in getting a surgery and then you bald around/behind the transplanted areas. Are you on medication?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

16 minutes ago, Beehive said:

Hello everybody,

I am 28 years old, got blonde relatively thin hair and it began to thin out about 4-5 years ago. 

I got a genetically receding hairline and on the top of my head the hair is very thin.

Everyone I contacted so far told me I’d need about 3500 Grafts but I don’t know whom to chose since everyone seemed competent:

Thank you very much 

respectfully, none… 
Bisanga is a wizard with the blonde haired guys, do some more research I would say 👊🏼

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Smile Hair Clinic and Elithair are hair mills, you will have a high chance of being botched or even on a successful surgery no planning for your future.

While Dr Yaman is reccomended on this forum, I've not been impressed with his recent results on his forum. I wouldn't choose any of them.

Please share some photos so we can see how much hair loss you have and you can get good responses.

Before any surgery you will need to stabilize your hair loss before you do anything. No point in getting a surgery and then you bald around/behind the transplanted areas. Are you on medication?

I am not on medication and never was.

None of the people contacted me about any medication to be honest.

I will share photos as soon as I get home. Thank you.

1 minute ago, Big Rome said:

respectfully, none… 
Bisanga is a wizard with the blonde haired guys, do some more research I would say 👊🏼

Thank you, I’ll have a look.

Do you know about the price range?

The ones I mentioned were pretty alright between 2-3k €.

Just now, mafpe said:

among 3, yaman.

i'd say to save up for a better budget, but if you're hellbent on doing hair mill level price of budget, go with yaman, at least the risk is lower than the other two.

I don’t really have a fixed budget (sure I don’t want to pay 5k+ but a few hundreds more or less is alright) I want it to be a good procedure, and price-performance is what’s important to me.

8 minutes ago, Beehive said:

Thank you, I’ll have a look.

Do you know about the price range?

The ones I mentioned were pretty alright between 2-3k €.

I’m not sure about the price range with Bisanga actually, I think it’s around €4/5 per graft though but I could be wrong 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

I’m not sure about the price range with Bisanga actually, I think it’s around €4/5 per graft though but I could be wrong 

That’s about 5 times the price of the other two. It’s well above my limit.

• Sad 1

Beehive,

For starters welcome to the forum.  To best answer your questions or give you any real input, it would be helpful if you post some photos showing your hair loss and your donor area. Doctors/surgeons will give you a very estimates based on many different things. It seems like most of the estimates you received are very similar Which is good because I’ve talked to many perspective patients who have gotten many inconsistent estimate switch really confuses them.

which is good because I’ve talked to many prospective patients who have gotten many inconsistent estimates which really confuses them.

I’ll share with you what I tell everybody who is researching hair restoration surgeons. The below steps will help you to ensure that you select amongst the very best and get the results you want and deserve.

I encourage you to read and consider following the below as you begin your research in selecting a top hair transplant surgeon  

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended on this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended on this community half met a demanding set of standards and are proved based on meeting those high standards rather than just the simple ability to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met and even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst the list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with.  Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than cost or location

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and the patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help, let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

51 minutes ago, Beehive said:

I don’t really have a fixed budget (sure I don’t want to pay 5k+ but a few hundreds more or less is alright) I want it to be a good procedure, and price-performance is what’s important to me.

if the quoted grafts is around 3500 grafts +, and you don't want to spend 5k+, that means lower than 1.25 per grafts. hair mill cost around 0.4-1 per graft, that leave dr yaman at 1 per graft, dr demirsoy but with tech extraction with the same price at 1, then fuecapilar at 1.25 per graft if i'm not wrong. i think fuecapilar have set price per range of grafts, probably it'll even out near 1 per graft as well. technically at least i only have knowledge of those three that falls in your budget.

your budget is borderline on a hair mill one, so you don't really have much option.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Beehive said:

yeah that’s the only thing unfortunately 😞 with hair transplants you get what you pay for though I suppose

2 hours ago, Beehive said:

Hello everybody,

Thank you very much 

Between these 3 I would select yaman. Yaman has good results for decent price. Other options at similar price could be FueCapilar, Dr Gur and dr turan. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beehive said:

The fact that these "clinics" didn't ask/tell you about medication is a warning in on itself. 

2 hours ago, Beehive said:

Hair mills and hair transplantation in Turkey is significantly cheaper, but the quality is significantly less. Bisanga is world class and personally I don't think there is a better choice for blonde hair type.

Hair Transplants in Turkey is a minefield, there are so many choices of clinics and out of all of them about two-three are worth considering. And even then I wouldn't go to either of them if you were a advanced case (Norwood 5+).

3500-4000 Grafts which you were quoted could be almost half or more than half of your donor hair. If you get botched, you might not have enough hair saved for your future balding if you go into a high Norwood (6-7). 

Turkey are masters in marketing hair transplants, not hair transplants themselves. Save up money if you really want hair and go to a reputable surgeon who wont turn their back on you and who consistently provide the highest quality services hair transplants can offer. Not cheap 10-20 patients a day then block you on WhatsApp 6 months later.

Bicer and FUECapilar are the only Turkish choices that are worth considering. Maybe HLC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Administrators

Never let cost dictate your decision. Below is our list of recommendations approved by our community. Use our list as a starting point for research.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Never let cost dictate your decision. Below is our list of recommendations approved by our community. Use our list as a starting point for research.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

That's how I found Dr. Resul Yaman actually, and I am, so I guess, halfway through all of the forums posts about him and his work.

2 hours ago, mister_25 said:

The fact that these "clinics" didn't ask/tell you about medication is a warning in on itself. 

Hair mills and hair transplantation in Turkey is significantly cheaper, but the quality is significantly less. Bisanga is world class and personally I don't think there is a better choice for blonde hair type.

Hair Transplants in Turkey is a minefield, there are so many choices of clinics and out of all of them about two-three are worth considering. And even then I wouldn't go to either of them if you were a advanced case (Norwood 5+).

3500-4000 Grafts which you were quoted could be almost half or more than half of your donor hair. If you get botched, you might not have enough hair saved for your future balding if you go into a high Norwood (6-7). 

Turkey are masters in marketing hair transplants, not hair transplants themselves. Save up money if you really want hair and go to a reputable surgeon who wont turn their back on you and who consistently provide the highest quality services hair transplants can offer. Not cheap 10-20 patients a day then block you on WhatsApp 6 months later.

Bicer and FUECapilar are the only Turkish choices that are worth considering. Maybe HLC.

I see, I actually was told by Smile that I got Norwood scale 6.

From your answers I am currently thinking about trying to wait a bit and trying medication.

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2022 at 7:47 PM, Marko7t4 said:

Start taking Finasteride to stop any further hair loss. You can get it online fairly cheaply. Most surgeons worth their salt would make sure you were taking it before agreeing to a transplant. 

I don't think stopping hairloss at this point might be enough. If it stays like that I'd be better off with shaving it bald, but at the moment I am uncomfortable to do so.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:58 PM, FixMyHair213 said:

for me personally the top surgeons/clinics that I would go to are Dr bisanga, Dr mwamba, Eugenix, Dr juan couto. also start taking medication to stabilise your hairloss. 

At the moment those are too pricey for me. Medication might help in the long run but since I don't want to stay like this (proceeded to far already).

I finally got to make those photos. Hopefully that makes it easier to judge, would really enjoy your opinion please.

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt2.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.32 (1).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.32 (2).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.32 (3).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.32.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.33 (1).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.33 (3).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.33 (4).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.33 (6).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.33.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.59.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.08.17.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.08.36.png

6 hours ago, Beehive said:

Sorry to say but you’re way past the point where medication can do anything for you LOL

I don’t even know why this forum is hellbent on advising medication as if it’s going to make a difference and suggesting anyone that comes here to waste another year of their life on medication then another year that these hair surgeons make him waste on a waitlist. Literally there was a NW6 at 22 years old and the forum ganged up on him telling him oh no don’t get a hair transplant you’re so young lol, the guy was like let me enjoy my life if I waste my 20s with this bald head, what the hell do I do with hairs in my 30s? There’s few Casanovas here who pull teenage girls in their 30s and waited 5 years for a HT but he knew he wasn’t one. 

The only reason you should take medication (finasteride) is to stop progression to NW7. That’s it. You’re not going to grow any hairs, your hairs are clearly dead. You can try Minoxidil or microneedling or onion juice but if medication grew hairs, there wouldn’t be any hair transplants. You should absolutely not use medication and wait for a year giving up on HT thinking you are going to become a NW3 or NW2, I can only LOL at that. And after a year when you book a HT they will make you wait another year

My advice is to get a HT asap and enjoy life. You’re 28 and NW6, you will need two surgeries, expect full head of hair results in 3-4 years depending on clinic wait times. The top popular clinics have wait times in excess of 1 year now, even the Turkish clinic wait times are reaching 1 year. A year later I imagine they will be 1.5-2 years like most European/US clinics. Then hairmills are the only places that can take you

Edited by LookMaxx
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Beehive said:

I don't think stopping hairloss at this point might be enough. If it stays like that I'd be better off with shaving it bald, but at the moment I am uncomfortable to do so.

At the moment those are too pricey for me. Medication might help in the long run but since I don't want to stay like this (proceeded to far already).

I finally got to make those photos. Hopefully that makes it easier to judge, would really enjoy your opinion please.

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt2.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.32 (1).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.32 (2).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.32 (3).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.32.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.33 (1).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.33 (3).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.33 (4).png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.33 (6).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.33.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.07.59.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.08.17.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 13.08.36.png

Eugenix has done a lot of surgeries on nw6 hair like yours.