How Many Grafts do I Need Roughly??

Hi All, was just wondering how many grafts I will need to lower the hairline ever so slightly and add more density to the current hairline (awful density due to previous failed transplant). The temples will need some slight work, mainly on the right side. Mid scalp & crown are fine, just hairline & temples. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 2 images dry hair & 2 wet. 

D89A64BD-5FC0-451D-8CB1-DC2288194BE9.jpeg

CF03BAF2-1720-4844-A323-C5EB94B7C5BC.jpeg

39776CEE-7F7B-40C8-93F5-102764B9AE9E.png

2B7129EA-F4EF-4A0D-BB17-896AF1420474.png

Dude...in all seriousness, please do not succumb to hair greed. Your hair looks fantastic and only HT obsessives would be able to find any flaws with it. Out in the real world, you look like a NW1 amazing hair dude. You should not be posting on here, go enjoy life!

PS Needless to say, no normal person would ever know that you suffered from hair loss.

Edited by StillAlive
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

Dude...in all seriousness, please do not succumb to hair greed. Your hair looks fantastic and only HT obsessives would be able to find any flaws with it. Out in the real world, you look like a NW1 amazing hair dude. You should not be posting on here, go enjoy life!

PS Needless to say, no normal person would ever know that you suffered from hair loss.

While I appreciate that you are trying to tell this guy that everything is fine and nobody in the street would care or that he shouldn't have hair greed..... unfortunately his hairline is completely filled with doubles which is clearly bothering this person, it is also drawn unnaturally. 

I speak from my own experience, I had the same problem when getting my hairline done in Turkey. The problem lies within wrong use of grafts and wrongly places angles. Trying to style hair upwards will make this grafts look very odd, as if they don't belong there in the first place. I ended up transplanting in front of the failed transplanted hairline, with real singles to fix my issue

Not everyone is able to successfully talk about failed transplants from pictures, because it is ''accepted as fine'' in real life due to lack of transplant education and experience

@Big Rome for this, first of all, I would simply try and find a Doctor that can soften the hairline with 2 rows of single fine hairs. A maximum of 300-400 grafts would be more than enough for a strong, smooth transition into the hairline. Your forehead is already very small, so the new hairline won't be going lower than a few millimeters..  I would also advice to avoid doing temple points as you clearly don't need it 

image.png.97c547b1d2b1f6f60ae7e58a62d198a2.png

image.png.92d8495fc3a2a2661267f389b07161cc.png

• Like 2

yeah the hairline doesn't look natural at all, its a very poor job. We are here to talk about HTs not about how it looks to "normal people" in the "real world". I agree with his worries.

I think a decent surgeon can fix your hairline to look more natural without using much grafts tbh. Probably in the 400-800 range, unless you want to lower it which would require at least around 1.5k, but you must think about long-term consequences of going that route.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind
  • Like 2

Thank you for all your feedback & estimations, much appreciated.. the reason I ask is, I assumed I would need around 1200-1500 grafts for the work I wanted… One well known DR advised I didn’t need any surgery, another reputable clinic on the forum advised 1500-1700 and one of the most reputable clinics on here, also recommended, advised I would need 2400 grafts to my surprise 😞… as far as I can see it’s just hairline temple work so I queried this with them this week as I disagree (hoping they re-evaluate) 

51 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

Thank you for all your feedback & estimations, much appreciated.. the reason I ask is, I assumed I would need around 1200-1500 grafts for the work I wanted… One well known DR advised I didn’t need any surgery, another reputable clinic on the forum advised 1500-1700 and one of the most reputable clinics on here, also recommended, advised I would need 2400 grafts to my surprise 😞… as far as I can see it’s just hairline temple work so I queried this with them this week as I disagree (hoping they re-evaluate) 

Greetings of the day @Big Rome,

Your hair looks great, if you want to lower your hairline down a little bit, touch up on the temples, and add some density, around 2000 grafts approximately will be needed. 
Pictures evaluation are always tentative, you can send me more pictures from different angles and I can get it evaluated by the doctors. I can arrange a one-to-one session with our medical counsellors. They can explain you in detail and answer all your queries. 

Feel free to send me a personalized text and I will be happy to assist you. 

Regards,
Eugenix Hair Science

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Greetings of the day @Big Rome,

Your hair looks great, if you want to lower your hairline down a little bit, touch up on the temples, and add some density, around 2000 grafts approximately will be needed. 
Pictures evaluation are always tentative, you can send me more pictures from different angles and I can get it evaluated by the doctors. I can arrange a one-to-one session with our medical counsellors. They can explain you in detail and answer all your queries. 

Feel free to send me a personalized text and I will be happy to assist you. 

Regards,
Eugenix Hair Science

Thank you for your response, always appreciated, it was actually you guys who kindly evaluated my images and quoted 1500/1700 grafts 😊 very pleasant people at Eugenix

Edited by Big Rome

• Administrators

I don’t believe you need many grafts, it’s more about breaking the grafts up and refining the hairline.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.