First hair transplant failed

Hi, I'm 37 years old and started balding in my early 20's. From the age of 25 I noticed the hair above my forehead, not only thinned, but it stopped growing so I had to hold on to in for over a decade just to have some hair there. The exact same thing happened in the very top of my head. It was slightly covered by hair, but it wouldn't grow. Finally in October 2021, I went for an FUE transplant at a very well recommended clinic in Istanbul. They said I got 4,600 grafts from the donor area and the work right after the surgery looked pretty solid and looked like they covered that area pretty well, excluding the crown. I was happy with that and willing to do my second transplant to address the crown area. However, It has been 10 months and the transplant looks simply AWFUL. The hair above the forehead makes a beautiful hairline, but right behind it the hair that already didn't grow, came back to exactly what it was. Simply awful as seen in the picture. Before performing my second transplant at another clinic, I wanted to see if there's an expert here, who can let me know if perhaps there's a condition that blocks hair growth in that area? 

Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 16.58.17.png

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Have you spoke with the clinic? When you say highly recommended that doesn’t mean much. There are highly recommended hair mills all over Istanbul.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I didn't try Finasteride, because I'm afraid of side effects. I talked to the doctors and they said I just continued to loose hair. 

The clinic was referred by a couple of friends that did it there. I will try next Dr. Serkan Aygin. After 2 months of research on his work. Any comments on him? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin Brend said:

I will try next Dr. Serkan Aygin. After 2 months of research on his work. Any comments on him? 

Russian Roulette, good luck, maybe you win, but you can also lose.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Difficult case. Turkey is really not an ideal place for diffuse thinners. I wouldn’t go there unless you are a lower Norwood. The only doctor there worth seeing there is Bicer imo. But there are much better options for your leve of loss outside of Turkey.

• Like 4

You need around 

5 hours ago, Kevin Brend said:

Any recommendations in Turkey?  need to fix this. There must be a solution. 

298504564_2351573568333188_5648121617681482069_n.jpg

Don't go to Turkey, there is no way a clinic in Turkey is going to give you a full coverage especially after a failed hair transplant. They will ruin your donor area and give you an unpleasant result. You are not a typical hairline restoration patient. You have serious thinning and balding going on

If I were in your shoes, I would pause a moment. Do some more research, understand what is required for a full coverage result

You have an excellent beard and I'm sure more grafts that can be taken from the back of your head. Find a clinic that you're comfortable with and that you can afford, a clinic that can maximize graft count from beard and scalp donor. With approximately 4000 grafts (1200 beard + 2800 scalp) you can have a very acceptable coverage

I don't know where you are and how much money you are willing to spend, but I would definitely recommend Eugenix Hair Sciences for your case 

Good luck

Edited by Ryan Daniel
  • Like 2

I went to "Istanbul Hair Now" As two friends of mine went there and had amazing results. 

I want to go to Turkey, as I have limited funds to fix this and their price line is in keeping with what I can afford. I will look up Dr. Bicer Imo. Thanks for the suggestion. Any other recommendations? 

7 minutes ago, Kevin Brend said:

I found Dr. Bicer Imo, but not sure what makes her outstanding, as all the info she provides is the same as the other clinics. Any reference as to what makes her the best? 

search her results here

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Kevin Brend said:

I went to "Istanbul Hair Now" As two friends of mine went there and had amazing results. 

I want to go to Turkey, as I have limited funds to fix this and their price line is in keeping with what I can afford. I will look up Dr. Bicer Imo. Thanks for the suggestion. Any other recommendations? 

Research slowly. Look at the reviews posted here. Use our list of recommendations as a starting point for research. But always reference back to the reviews here.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Kevin Brend said:

Any recommendations in Turkey?  need to fix this. There must be a solution. 

Save your money.  You have already thrown out finite donor grafts and you seem determined to play Russian roulette again.  Keep your money and keep whatever hair you have left.  The only thing worse than wasting thousands of dollars is wasting the transplanted hair that can never come back once it has been botched.

If you are curious on how to have avoided your situation then spend time on this site looking at the hundreds of results posted by doctors and patients.  You will see trends on which clinics consistently deliver results.

In the Turkish hair mills your transplant is dependent on random technicians that they cycle through.  There is no consistency.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kevin Brend said:

I guess this forum has talked me out of Turkey. I will look else where. A place where I can pay a bit more but can fix this mess to the best possible. 

No, even in Turkey there are some great options, but they can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

• Like 1