Best shampoos after a HT.

wantego

Originally posted by Mp96:

Wantego,

Are you meaning directly after a hair transplant or few months after?

Hi Mp96,

I was not meaning directly after a HT. I was more thinking about around 8 months after to forever. Thanks icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Hi I use revita daily, for a month now and I am 4 months post HT.

It has a very nice effect and I got confirmation in another thread that I can use it daily. The only thing that I don't like is that I have to leave on the hair for 5 mins and I am getting bored in the shower icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Eman:

I use Jason Biotin shampoo and conditioner. I like it because it is mostly all natural and it came recommended.

Thanks dude. I never heard of that shampoo before but I plan to look in to a few mentioned. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• 4 weeks later...

Do not spend a lot of money on fancy shampoos. Johnson's baby is fine. I have posted several times that I like and use neutragena Tgel as it solves the itchies and dandruff that I and lots of other folks have.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

also "Dove Daily Moisture" (very gentle too w/o any harsh chemical crap) or any fine brand moisturizing shampoo would be good for you especially if you are applying minoxidil 2X daily which tends to dry your scalp.

dove.jpg

P.S.

you are MIA what's up? you got hitched? icon_smile.gif

What is yall's thoughts on Nizoral 2%?...I just recently got some and I was wondering how long I should wait til I can start using it as I am now 5 weeks post op. Thanks guys.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

HairIsThere,

In my opinion, medicated shampoo such as Nizoral 2% should be avoided the first month after a hair transplant. Medicated shampoo can cause additional irritation, shedding, dryness, and postoperative redness.

Giving your scalp a chance to heal before using medicated shampoos after hair transplant surgery is important.

Since you are 5 weeks out, you should be fine.

Best wishes,

Bill