hair growth after transplant

Hi. I have done a procedure of ~2400 graft on my hairline 2.5 months ago. All the hair shed of course but there is still not any growing, is it ok? all the recipient area is kinda light red and almost no hair at all.  I know it takes time but I have seen here people that already had the new hair grown by that time or 3rd month.

I understand its early so Im not really worried but it seems weird.

1 minute ago, karatekid said:

Hi. I have done a procedure of ~2400 graft on my hairline 2.5 months ago. All the hair shed of course but there is still not any growing, is it ok? all the recipient area is kinda light red and almost no hair at all.  I know it takes time but I have seen here people that already had the new hair grown by that time or 3rd month.

Not unusual or weird, for most patients they will see the growth start at month 4. You are still in what is often described as the “ugly duckling” stage, you can be assured that within the next couple of months you will see the grafts start to break through the scalp. 

25 minutes ago, karatekid said:

Had my HT done on march 22nd

I would stay I really started seeing growth around july 10th-15th

So except if you are a early grower you still have a month too go to really notice growth. When you reach HT + 4 month it starts to get noticed by everyone and grows faster and faster

• Like 2

Karate kid,

In reading your post, you remind me of myself after my first hair transplant. I knew what to expect but I was nervous so I would post on the forum asking questions for reassurance.  And don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with that. That’s what the forums are here for.

but rest assured, 2.5 months is exceptionally early and new growth typically only starts between 3 to 5 months after your hair transplant procedure. But don’t expect a whole lot of growth immediately. Hair will start by growing thin, fine and colorless and over the next several months will darken, thicken and mature. This process takes up to a year to 18 months which is why they say to wait at least a year before evaluating your result.

As long as you selected a surgeon with a strong reputation, I trust you will be very happy with your results when they grow in.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

thanks guys :) good to hear. and @Rahal Hair Transplant you got me, lol. I just really want to see the result already...

8 hours ago, Britalien said:

@karatekidDid you end up having you’re procedure with Dr De Freitas? Be great if you could do a result thread 🙏

yep, I did end up having it with him, and I will definitely soon try to find time to post about it, this great forum is basically where I got all my knowledge about hair transplants and good surgeons, I want to share back.

I will just say the whole procedure was really good, the doctor is very professional and nice, Im really happy I chose him. 

The issue is, that I expected to have bigger procedure - more grafts, but when he examined me he said my hair situation isnt that great, basically my donor also thinning, so he cant take lots of grafts from their...  This really depressed me a bit, I wanted to have lower hairline and also put grafts on the sides.  So I cant say Im particular thrill, but again, nothing to do with the doctor, it's just my hair.  he prescribed me some meds, so Im taking them and hope maybe in future I can have another one (Im fightnig hairloss for a long time, took meds in the past, on and off, didnt help much, but trying now again with different variant, what can i lose...)

• Like 1