Changing my preferred clinic

Hi everyone,

I have decided to go ahead and get a transplant at 22 (very nearly 23) and having been on finasteride and minoxidil since I was 19. 

I was 100% set of Dr. Pekiner in Turkey, but am now wanting to explore some other options to get some other Dr's opinions and to compare prices. 

My question is: the only other clinic I'm really interested in going to is Eugenix, but I'm not sure of the best Dr. to pick from this clinic as I know there are many great ones. Who is the generally accepted best surgeon at Eugenix particuarly in the area of hairline design and restoration? 

Thanks everyone, any response at all is appreciated!

• Valued Contributor

I wouldn't put Eugenix down as who is the best surgeon. Between Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika you will hear both names as being the best (so to speak). Dr Das is trained extensively by them and is producing excellent results too. The best doctor though is the doctor for your own individual hair loss needs. Have you stabilized or improved on your hair loss from using meds? Can you share some pics so we can offer you more accurate advise? At 22 it's really too young to establish what your hair loss pattern is? I would definitely look at Eugenix for a consultation and for their advice and stay away from Turkey. They will destroy your donor just to take your money and then you will have jumped out of the pan and into the fire. I know that an excellent surgeon like Dr Bicer would knock you back. All the best.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I wouldn't put Eugenix down as who is the best surgeon. Between Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika you will hear both names as being the best (so to speak). Dr Das is trained extensively by them and is producing excellent results too. The best doctor though is the doctor for your own individual hair loss needs. Have you stabilized or improved on your hair loss from using meds? Can you share some pics so we can offer you more accurate advise? At 22 it's really too young to establish what your hair loss pattern is? I would definitely look at Eugenix for a consultation and for their advice and stay away from Turkey. They will destroy your donor just to take your money and then you will have jumped out of the pan and into the fire. I know that an excellent surgeon like Dr Bicer would knock you back. All the best.

Thanks for the reply Gatsby! I have been on meds for so long and have completely stabilised. I'm more-so just looking into expanding my options and including some comparisons so I can make the best decision. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cfmhc said:

Thanks for the reply Gatsby! I have been on meds for so long and have completely stabilised. I'm more-so just looking into expanding my options and including some comparisons so I can make the best decision. 

just adding onto this @Gatsby, when you message Eugenix on whatsapp with your situation will they then decide which Dr is best for your needs from their clinic? Obviously there will be a large bit of input from the customer but do they recommend one for your needs? 

I've only ever talked to places with one doctor. 

• Administrators

In my opinion, 23 is too young for a hair transplant. I would give it a few more years to see how you maintain on the meds. I would also switch from topical minoxidil to oral minoxidil.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I’ve seen pretty poor donor management and shock loss cases from eugenix too, I’ve seen  atleast 7 from eugenix on this forum lately

Edited by sukh123
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

In my opinion, 23 is too young for a hair transplant. I would give it a few more years to see how you maintain on the meds. I would also switch from topical minoxidil to oral minoxidil.

He has been on medication for 3-4 years as mentioned when he started minoxidil and finasteride at 19. Isn’t that enough to determine how well he is maintaining on medication? I thought that some clinics (even ones recommended here) believe that as long as you stabilise your hair loss after a given year on medication you could possibly be a decent candidate if you are below the age of 25. Wouldn’t this wait be somewhat unnecessary as he has been on preventive medication for quite some time with presumably stabilised loss because of said medication?

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

He has been on medication for 3-4 years as mentioned when he started minoxidil and finasteride at 19. Isn’t that enough to determine how well he is maintaining on medication? I thought that some clinics (even ones recommended here) believe that as long as you stabilise your hair loss after a given year on medication you could possibly be a decent candidate if you are below the age of 25. Wouldn’t this wait be somewhat unnecessary as he has been on preventive medication for quite some time with presumably stabilised loss because of said medication?

No, hair loss gets more aggressive in your mid-20s. Waiting is always a better option.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, cfmhc said:

just adding onto this @Gatsby, when you message Eugenix on whatsapp with your situation will they then decide which Dr is best for your needs from their clinic? Obviously there will be a large bit of input from the customer but do they recommend one for your needs? 

I've only ever talked to places with one doctor. 

You can ask to have a consultation with both if you like. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
17 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

I’ve seen pretty poor donor management and shock loss cases from eugenix too, I’ve seen  atleast 7 from eugenix on this forum lately

Eugenix are actually excellent and world renowned for there donor management. Just look at my own case for example or zoomster, etc. Shock loss can occur in any individual and can never be predicted. Hence why you want to go to a clinic that puts donor management right at the forefront for this very reason. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Have you posted any pictures of your hair loss? That would certainly help. Your age is very young for a hair transplant, but I would say depending on what it looks like and if you are willing to be very conservative for now then it may be OK.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
21 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Waiting at such a young age is never unnecessary as you are buying time to see which way the hair loss pattern will dictate. I would never rush anyone when it comes to permanent life changing surgery. Even more so in your early 20’s. That’s why I asked if pics could be shared. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Waiting at such a young age is never unnecessary as you are buying time to see which way the hair loss pattern will dictate. I would never rush anyone when it comes to permanent life changing surgery. Even more so in your early 20’s. That’s why I asked if pics could be shared. 

Listen to this man, always with the sage advice 👌

9 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Good point, I was probably thinking of my case a bit to much. I think it depends on a case by case basis. In my case I pretty much had nothing on top (21 Years old. Almost Slick Bald NW5, No sign of going into a 6) but recovered significantly on medication so I know where I will end up as If I continue to thin. Im not a typical case and I presume most 22-25 Year olds that are looking for HTs as a option are those that are Norwood 2-3. If that's the case I would definitely wait.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022