Would over harvested hair show on a shaved head?

Yes it will unfortunately....Very much. Even with a razor. 

Transplants are crap if we want to have a short homogenous buzzcut. 

If you cut your hair short after failed FUE transplant then you'll have 3 problems

1. Your balding pattern will still be noticeable. Even with you go with Omnishaver, Gilette 5, Wilkinson or whatever...

2. The difference of density will be noticeable too and thus stand out to the human eye. Remember transplants are only 50% of original hair density. If you wanna look like let's say Khabib, Randy Orton, Sean Strickland, Chimaev then this would require 60-80 follicular units per cm2 throughout the whole scalp. This is just mathemically impossible. 

3. The back of your head will look really weird because you'll have  thousands of little white dot scars showing you had FUE

I suggest you rather look into SMP. But be careful and do your homework. There are good SMP clinics and there are bad ones too...

• Like 2

• Administrators

Hair transplant are not scarless. You will see scars if you shave. If you’re considering shaving. Do it now, if you’re happy, then that’s your solution.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So, the higher surgeon skill, they can make your donor look more homogenous after extraction. This is the key to the larger FUE sessions that still look good at short lengths. Our eyes and by extension brains look for patterns, when there isn't an obvious one due to homogenous extraction, the donor area can be shorter with anyone noticing anything.

An expert however, would be able to tell of course. But how many hair transplant experts do you run across in real life.