Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

2 hours ago, Dragonsphere said:

Or maybe he is just busy and everything else is an overspeculation 🙂

Possible.

What do you (and others) think about the possibility that private trials are conducted by docs? I mean, for all individual actors, it would be the most logical choice. Why invest in an experiment that benefits everybody instead of an experiment that only you can reap the rewards of?

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

This is ridiculous stop begging these doctors for updates, and then giving them hero status once they do something small that can potentially make them millions and millions. Once they see that potential go away so will their updates. We need to try and fund everything ourselves, maybe get a refund from Barghouthi, raise an extra 20-30k and start our own with a surgeon that wouldn’t mind consistently contributing, not only for extra cash from us but seeing the potential of being the first hair transplant dr to use something like verteporfin to try and regrow hair extracted from FUE.

I've been kind of feeling the same. Like seriously the reasoning is getting out of hand. "Waiting for a machine to be mailed in?" Dude, it doesn't take 5 months for an order to come in. This reminds me of the streamer Jon Zherka who says he'll release his documentary once his computer from Texas comes in the mail. He's been saying that for 8 months lol 

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, Gatchpt said:

Does Bloxham know that I think about him more than I think about my wife. 

Are you running low on grafts for more surgeries? Lol if this stuff actually regrows donor supply that’s gonna be amazing

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 3:08 PM, Square1 said:

Possible.

What do you (and others) think about the possibility that private trials are conducted by docs? I mean, for all individual actors, it would be the most logical choice. Why invest in an experiment that benefits everybody instead of an experiment that only you can reap the rewards of?

I think that it’s very fair to do private trials, but start them privately. Like I told one other user here who him and his dr decided to back out the trial last minute, if you’re getting all your info from us, advertising it for a certain date and as public, then backing out for self gain isn’t illegal but definitely exploitive. I think eventually though we’ll see one of these docs start to offer it to customers and then we’ll see what was really happening behind the scenes.

15 hours ago, Jonathan said:

I think that it’s very fair to do private trials, but start them privately. Like I told one other user here who him and his dr decided to back out the trial last minute, if you’re getting all your info from us, advertising it for a certain date and as public, then backing out for self gain isn’t illegal but definitely exploitive. I think eventually though we’ll see one of these docs start to offer it to customers and then we’ll see what was really happening behind the scenes.

I understand the moral angle, but let's not fool ourselves. Even if you announced public trials, when you get to see at least reasonable results it becomes clear that being very open about it hurts your own interest. Keeping them to yourself, maybe investigate the matter further and then offering it commercially gives you a competitive edge against the competition for some time with all the reputational and monetary gains associated.

It would not surprise me if docs currently involved with trials eventually come to the same conclusion or that docs who never mentioned vp turn out to have ran "secret" trials. Not only would it not surprise me, I also wouldn't blame them. 

On 1/14/2024 at 9:08 PM, Square1 said:

Possible.

Honestly? It sounds like hypervigilance. 

Just think about it logically, how can you market this drug to the general public well at the same time keeping it behind closed doors? If a random surgeon promised you 100% regrowth of transplanted hairs due to undisclosed means, wouldn't you be dubious. 

If this works and the the results of FUE trial are the norm, then it will become mainstream sooner or later. 

Dr Bloxham last video was 30 minutes long; it probably took at least an hour to prepare. Lets just be patient and wait. 

Be calm, patient and reasonable and lets cross our fingers that this is the next major step in hair loss since Propecia. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Square1 said:

I understand the moral angle, but let's not fool ourselves. Even if you announced public trials, when you get to see at least reasonable results it becomes clear that being very open about it hurts your own interest. Keeping them to yourself, maybe investigate the matter further and then offering it commercially gives you a competitive edge against the competition for some time with all the reputational and monetary gains associated.

It would not surprise me if docs currently involved with trials eventually come to the same conclusion or that docs who never mentioned vp turn out to have ran "secret" trials. Not only would it not surprise me, I also wouldn't blame them. 

I completely agree, and get it, BUT again these drs are currently getting praised like they’re helping us, and we’re constantly being told to stop annoying them with updates because everything is coming out of their own time and pockets and they have little to no gains but helping the HT community. At least drop that angle and I’d have 0 problems with it.

3 hours ago, Square1 said:

this doesn't make sense to me...for docs to suddenly decide to make their trials secret, because the cat's out of the bag already...there would be no point in doing that, the word of mouth has been spreading like wildfire..we now have dermatologists interested in doing trials on scar patients... this isn't something u can really keep secret... i think it's more likely that they are busy more than anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, takuma said:

this doesn't make sense to me...for docs to suddenly decide to make their trials secret, because the cat's out of the bag already...there would be no point in doing that, the word of mouth has been spreading like wildfire..we now have dermatologists interested in doing trials on scar patients... this isn't something u can really keep secret... i think it's more likely that they are busy more than anything

I hope that you spot the contradiction in your argument that everybody and their mother now wants to know about verteporfin, but that docs performing these experiments can't be bothered with giving even a short update. Not to rag on dr. Bloxham, but he recently posted a vid in which he goes on for 15 minutes about whether an HT looks good with gel. So you are saying that he has time for that, but not for an update that the whole world is supposedly waiting for? He even said after the Month 3 update that he would for future months just throw the results online. So that would require less time than the last video. You just can not convince me that he doesn't have that little time for an update that so many are supposedly waiting for but he can go on and on about how your HT looks with gel.

I think that there are some people in the know about the potential of vp, but there are still a lot of unknowns. The person who has these answers the first, has an edge and can exploit it commercially for about a year or so I think, before others catch up.

Btw, laugh at me if I turn out to be wrong, but let's be real: after dr. Barghouthi's last pics it is clear that the stuff likely works. If not, it could be an honest mistake or a scam. An honest mistake seems unlikely, you don't end up with a test area that is so much better than the control area due to some small mistake. A scam is also unlikely, dr. Barghouthi invested his own money, but makes nothing from this and puts his reputation on the line. 

Just now, Square1 said:

I hope that you spot the contradiction in your argument that everybody and their mother now wants to know about verteporfin, but that docs performing these experiments can't be bothered with giving even a short update. Not to rag on dr. Bloxham, but he recently posted a vid in which he goes on for 15 minutes about whether an HT looks good with gel. So you are saying that he has time for that, but not for an update that the whole world is supposedly waiting for? He even said after the Month 3 update that he would for future months just throw the results online. So that would require less time than the last video. You just can not convince me that he doesn't have that little time for an update that so many are supposedly waiting for but he can go on and on about how your HT looks with gel.

I think that there are some people in the know about the potential of vp, but there are still a lot of unknowns. The person who has these answers the first, has an edge and can exploit it commercially for about a year or so I think, before others catch up.

Btw, laugh at me if I turn out to be wrong, but let's be real: after dr. Barghouthi's last pics it is clear that the stuff likely works. If not, it could be an honest mistake or a scam. An honest mistake seems unlikely, you don't end up with a test area that is so much better than the control area due to some small mistake. A scam is also unlikely, dr. Barghouthi invested his own money, but makes nothing from this and puts his reputation on the line. 

My mom even knows about it cuz I told her lol and she’s hoping the drug works out for me too 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Square1 said:

Believe me square...i feel ur frustration... I'm not happy about this..this sucks and i just want him to update in some way, either verbally, in written form or by uploading a video update... it's easier to get updates from Dr Bargouthi because he updates us directly on the forum and we can tag him so when he's not busy he sees that, and he is a member of the community, I'm not sure if Dr Bloxham is. I think the best thing we can do with Dr Bloxham is have someone see him regularly as a client, and ask him in person and then relay the information back to us here. I think someone said they are going to see him for a consultation, so they might get an update for us.

6 minutes ago, takuma said:

Believe me square...i feel ur frustration... I'm not happy about this..this sucks and i just want him to update in some way, either verbally, in written form or by uploading a video update... it's easier to get updates from Dr Bargouthi because he updates us directly on the forum and we can tag him so when he's not busy he sees that, and he is a member of the community, I'm not sure if Dr Bloxham is. I think the best thing we can do with Dr Bloxham is have someone see him regularly as a client, and ask him in person and then relay the information back to us here. I think someone said they are going to see him for a consultation, so they might get an update for us.

My idea about docs taking the solo route would be an indication of vp working and docs working towards a product, which is the result we all want. So please don't take it as frustration. It might be cope, but logically I think this is a real possibility.

I make a great detective, by the way :)

• Like 2

I asked Wong about the drug. He said he thinks it is wishful thinking and that once the follicle is extracted it is gone. But if it is transected and at least 2/3 of the follicles is left in the scalp after transaction it can grow back but is weaker 

If the drug just acts as blocking the scar forming pathway, I’m not sure off hand how that would do more than just heal the wound better as skin tissue. Wouldn’t it need like some sort of stem cell or something to regenerate a specialized hair follicle?

15 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

If the drug just acts as blocking the scar forming pathway, I’m not sure off hand how that would do more than just heal the wound better as skin tissue. Wouldn’t it need like some sort of stem cell or something to regenerate a specialized hair follicle?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9008875/

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.aba2374

Regeneration without scarring

Wounds in adult mammals typically heal by forming fibrotic scars. Mascharak et al. found that a specific population of skin fibroblasts (Engrailed-1 lineage–negative fibroblasts) activate expression of Engrailed-1 and turn on profibrotic cellular programs in response to local tissue mechanics in wounds (see the Perspective by Konieczny and Naik). When mechanical signaling was inhibited in these cells (using either genetic deletion or small-molecule inhibition), skin wounds in mice no longer formed scars but instead healed by regeneration, restoring skin with normal hair follicles and glands, extracellular matrix, and mechanical strength.

Science, this issue p. eaba2374; see also p. 346

1 minute ago, takuma said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9008875/

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.aba2374

Regeneration without scarring

Wounds in adult mammals typically heal by forming fibrotic scars. Mascharak et al. found that a specific population of skin fibroblasts (Engrailed-1 lineage–negative fibroblasts) activate expression of Engrailed-1 and turn on profibrotic cellular programs in response to local tissue mechanics in wounds (see the Perspective by Konieczny and Naik). When mechanical signaling was inhibited in these cells (using either genetic deletion or small-molecule inhibition), skin wounds in mice no longer formed scars but instead healed by regeneration, restoring skin with normal hair follicles and glands, extracellular matrix, and mechanical strength.

Science, this issue p. eaba2374; see also p. 346

Thank you I’ll take a look at those 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Veerteporfin might be an anti-aging drug too if this study pans out in humans:

https://singularityhub.com/2023/11/07/zombie-cells-have-a-weakness-a-new-anti-aging-therapy-exploits-it/

Wow! this is a powerful drug with many potential indications...so sad it's only just now getting traction after being fda approved over two decades ago...this was a hidden gem

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nikoni said:

@DrTBarghouthi it's been another long period of silence.

We really hope for an update about next trial, is everything ready ? possible date ?

Hi guys. I totally understand and I will update you with details by the end of this week- We are going ahead and nothing changed in terms of that. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram