Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Please post a link to the Verteporfin info document shown in this vid so I can send it to HT surgeons in London and the rest of UK. 

@Fox243 is the google doc locked? Let’s share it again so more people can spread the word.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

It shouldn’t be locked, is it? 

No it isn’t, but if it’s sent out on the YouTube channel my fear is that a troll will try and mess it up. I guess its a risk well have to take 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

No it isn’t, but if it’s sent out on the YouTube channel my fear is that a troll will try and mess it up. I guess its a risk well have to take 

I only allow others to comment and only I have the ability to actually implement their comments

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nakding said:

So, I have DUPA. Would verteporfin still be an option? But just having to do more transplants?

if it works it should theoretically allow anyone to achieve full coverage including people with DUPA. 

5 hours ago, takuma said:

if it works it should theoretically allow anyone to achieve full coverage including people with DUPA. 

But I just need to have a lot of transplants right? Because the hair will still thin out.

4 minutes ago, nakding said:

But I just need to have a lot of transplants right? Because the hair will still thin out.

yeah,  unless it works with microneedling on bald areas in that case then u won't have to have any transplants

Injecting filler into certain areas of the forehead carries risks of hitting the wrong vein and causing instant blindness, but microneedling verteporfin more superficially sounds like someone should give it a go (although if it isn't deep enough to wound the hair bulb, then I'm guessing it won't regenerate a new hair bulb). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Injecting filler into certain areas of the forehead carries risks of hitting the wrong vein and causing instant blindness, but microneedling verteporfin more superficially sounds like someone should give it a go (although if it isn't deep enough to wound the hair bulb, then I'm guessing it won't regenerate a new hair bulb). 

You don't inject fillers in your forehead, only botox.

I inject my own forehead with botox. It's super easy, you don't even have to know the exact spots. Just roughly the ones, and know some anatomy. The primary risk with botox injections is druling eyelids btw, not blindness. That's specific to fillers, and has more to do with the substance than with hitting the vein. You could hit the vein with botox, but it wouldn't cause blindness. Long story short, I don't see a reason why someone shouldn't microneedle with Verteporfin.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 12:06 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Hi guys,

Hope you’re all well and I very much appreciate your enthusiasm and persistence- including @Melvin- Adminand all the others here who supported this in one way or another. 
We did a full FUE on one of our booked patients and injected verteporfin in the entire donor area as per his request and desire. As mentioned previously, this does not fall under the full FUE trial that is planned. 
The procedure went well and to be honest I’m not sure if the patient is active here or is willing to share his updates publicly or not- I will leave that up to his personal choice. Nonetheless, from our side it was uneventful with nothing unusual to report after few days of having it done. 
As for the next trial, the patient is ready. The delay was mainly to make sure he has no major travel plans so that follow up can be scheduled easily. Moreover, I am waiting on a research grade trichoscopy analysis system for the donor which we are waiting for approvals here to get. This will help in getting accurate analysis of the extracted sites and better photos etc. I’m hoping we will have the system in the coming week or two and then we can slot in the patient for the trial. I’m just keen that we get the best out of this one and to be able to provide objective measures publicly.

Will keep you updated regarding that ofcourse. 

I am hoping this is me! I can’t wait!!! Procedure in a few weeks. 🙏

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

If through repetitive micro-needling you get Verteporfin into your bloodstream then are exposed to bright light, that might cause problems. 

that's why i think it's better to do it under a doctor's supervision , Dr Bloxham said he wanted to experiment with verteporfin after microneedling, but he hasn't done it yet...

Micro-needling alone might stimulate some hair growth, so it might be an idea to do one heavy micro-needling session on two small areas of the frontal forelock, treating one region with Verteporfin, the other without Verteporfin as a control, following the same low light exposure during and post op for several days. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know precisely how many FUEs were extracted from the 0.4 Verteporfin region and control region? Does anyone have photos of both boxes having been freshly operated on, so we can count the scars, versus total number of hairs in the boxes, and compare them to total number of hairs after the experiment?

If the Verteporfin regenerated hairs in the donor region are fractionally less robust for transplantation in the future, but grow if left alone, then it will become necessary for the surgeon to identify which hairs are Verteporfin generated hairs, to avoid extracting those, and instead extract the original hairs - do surgeons have the technology to guide them to the old hairs for extraction? How would it work?

1 hour ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Does anyone know precisely how many FUEs were extracted from the 0.4 Verteporfin region and control region? Does anyone have photos of both boxes having been freshly operated on, so we can count the scars, versus total number of hairs in the boxes, and compare them to total number of hairs after the experiment?

If the Verteporfin regenerated hairs in the donor region are fractionally less robust for transplantation in the future, but grow if left alone, then it will become necessary for the surgeon to identify which hairs are Verteporfin generated hairs, to avoid extracting those, and instead extract the original hairs - do surgeons have the technology to guide them to the old hairs for extraction? How would it work?

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/64737-verteporfin-hair-regeneration-human-trial-dr-barghouthi-official-thread/#comment-659653