am i washing my hair to often

I use dermmatch and every day I wash my hair and apply dermmatch.Recently, I tried not washing it and then put some dermmatch on as a touch up.When you use these concealers do you wash it out every day.

Thanks!icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I don't use dermmatch every day but sometimes. Whenever I do I wash it out in the evening.

I'm not sure of any kind of safety issue, and wouldn't think it was a problem, however dermmatch makes quite a mess of pillows and doesn't always wash out- so that's why I do it.

I've also never found any proof that washing daily worsens hair loss, my theoury has always been if it comes out with soap and water, it's doomed anyway. So I hope that helps!

If you have hair loss, don't take the chance. Don't use excessive water on your scalp and don't use high-powered showers that pound your scalp. Play it safe.

• 2 months later...

You didn't mention which shampoo you were using. if you use nizoral then you should not wash your hair with it every day. and generally I think that people should not shampoo their heads every day, but they can wash their heads with water only from time to time. water does not cause any damage to the hair while chemical substances in shampoos (like SLS) are not helpful for the hair.

• 1 month later...

If you have oily hair and it looks like sh*t at the end of the day, I would wash it. I workout pretty much everyday and if I don't wash my hair every day, it looks horrible. So I would say wash it every day if it needs it but I wouldn't use a medicated shampoo every day.

I think that it is important to know what type of shampoo you are using and also how much pressure you are putting on your scalp when washing your hair.

I would say to definitely not dig when rubbing the shampoo. That's just dangerous. Know your limits!

What types of shampoo is everyone using? I figure I should be getting some type of advice.

• 1 month later...

It is better to wash everyday since all dirt, sweat and grime gets into hair and breeds lot of bacteria. But if you do not sweat much and live in a place where the climate is clean and cold probably you can wash twice a week.