Is this area bare of grafts?

Hey everyone!

It has been exactly one month post HT with Dr. Maras @ HDC.

There's something I have noted - I have an area of the size of around 6x8 mm which looks devoid of any signs of grafts. I've been looking at post 1 week/2 weeks pictures, but this is the location which had some more drastic blood clotting and scabs so it's hard to understand if there were / I had follicles in this area.

I've added a magnified photo, one with a yellow marking indicating the mentioned spot and one without.

I think this is the only transplanted area which does not show sighs of small hair 'black dots' and I'm concerned it might turn/stay bald :(

image.thumb.png.7a5694df0af879c2541358180ccc85e4.pngThere's 

Edited by Yan bio

It’s too early to tell…give it some more time and take a few more pics to share.

• Like 2

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators

That’s just where grafts have shed. Nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

Most of the grafts are going to fall out. All you can do is wait the required amount of time for the hair to grow.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

it's fine like what others said. it's just that they have shed fully. actually you can even pick the other recipient follicle and not damage the grafts since what's left on the other spots are hair waiting to be pushed out. (it's fine to do, but it leaving them there won't affect anything so you can just leave it no problem.)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 12:51 PM, mafpe said:

it's fine like what others said. it's just that they have shed fully. actually you can even pick the other recipient follicle and not damage the grafts since what's left on the other spots are hair waiting to be pushed out. (it's fine to do, but it leaving them there won't affect anything so you can just leave it no problem.)

Oh.. is that it? didn’t know  some follicles shed fully and others don’t.. 🙏i  thought if it sheds - it sheds completely. I wonder what might affect this.

Edited by Yan bio

• 2 months later...

No grafts were planted in that area you circled in yellow.

Not sure why others told you they just had shed already. That was 1 week post op. You can clearly see in scalp where grafts were implanted and where they were not. 

55 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

No grafts were planted in that area you circled in yellow.

Not sure why others told you they just had shed already. That was 1 week post op. You can clearly see in scalp where grafts were implanted and where they were not. 

the photo in the first post? it's not 1 week post op, it is 1 month post op..

this is the 2 days post op:

image.jpeg.7efa3f8f8355bea30c558d90d1089e01.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Yan bio said:

the photo in the first post? it's not 1 week post op, it is 1 month post op..

this is the 2 days post op:

image.jpeg.7efa3f8f8355bea30c558d90d1089e01.jpeg

Oh, my bad, I read you mentioned “post 1-2 weeks” and thought that’s when the pics were taken.

I can’t tell where the area in yellow would be on this full hairline picture. You’d have to indicate where it is; however in this pic everything looks filled very well to me.  

• Like 1

I am looking forward to seeing the end matured result!

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Joocee said:

Any improvement mate?

Hi :) this specific area still lacks some density, and I'm not sure if there has been minor growth or non at all. 

However, this is me 1 week ago, and as you can see there's good growth :)

worst case scenario - I'll fux these areas in my next HT for the crown :)

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

how common are things like this? it happens in around 50% of surgeries? 30%..?

My surgeon checked my scalp and said it's 'very healthy' (high elasticity) and good donor area, so he tried to dense-pack (I had almost 3000 grafts on a rather small area, as can be seen in the first image).

Some of it looks like crusts…surely you have removed them by now?

• Like 1

Gillenator

• 5 months later...