4500 grafts / Norwood 6 / Turkish Clinic

Hi everyone,

I found this page a little late so I haven’t been to any of the clinics recommended here.  I have been to a clinic that is referred to as a "hairmill" clinic.  
But I thought it might be interesting for the rest of you to follow my journey as well?  

I keep the clinic hidden as I would like the focus here is on the hair transplant and not on the clinic. If anyone understands what place i've been to it could be nice if you guys kept this off the thread.

Here we go! I am 33 years old, my hair loss has persisted for about 10 years, but only 3 years ago it started drastically fast, and I went from a Norwood 3V to Norwood 6 in 3 years.  shaved all of my hair and was accepting to be bald, and didn’t think much of it.  
But then I traveled on a boys trip with a common friend who had been through a hair transplant in Turkey and the result was good!  (from someone who had little knowledge up on the topic at least) I then decided to do the same and only a few weeks after this trip I was in Turkey ready for a transplant.  here are some pictures of me just before the operation:

(04.06.2022)

0A8301BE-9ECC-4CEA-BCDE-3A1B6AC89915.thumb.jpeg.b4e8ccfaa511180cf81aa59eb7eba209.jpeg

It started with a consultant with a doctor discussing the hairline and my options. We both agreed that I’ve shouldn’t lower my hairline when I’m in this stage because of my donor hair where limited, and also that my outcome would not be as dense as my natural hair in my early 20’s. 
The Doc also recommended me to not try to fill all of the head, and rather to a second transplant later. 
We agreed to focus on the hairline and the crown. 

The operation did go smooth with no pain, and I slept true most of it. They transplanted total 4.500 grafts. 
1400 singles, 2100 doubles and 1000 triple or more. 

Here is some pictures right after the operation: 

E672AB63-91E6-463E-AA33-1A6C0075A7B9.thumb.jpeg.b77ca59b9bef1298ded72faad0bec385.jpegB9EAF2DD-1331-4A21-9B26-2AE1C4399213.thumb.jpeg.0c06b82ae52577a9656eb484dea1eb7d.jpeg

The healing process went really good, with minimal itching and no pain what so ever. 

Here are some pictures on day 10 before I removed my scabs

FAD5E9AA-9105-4102-8FAF-EDB4FA8769F9.thumb.jpeg.27baf5f570b8ac78258d7726891de522.jpeg013165AC-FA0C-45AC-9CFB-532FF65DD0B5.thumb.jpeg.2e4e32992d5b31ee3ca8605e5f376a2c.jpeg

Day 12 after my scabs where off

DCC1EECB-62DA-426F-8D0F-71FFA084BF42.thumb.jpeg.93ad8e12a21a13ea24b99456a05dbcd1.jpeg118629EC-45EF-4B4C-989C-853080B8536B.thumb.jpeg.5d5aae55e6a5c81bec86cc3cbfc2fbb7.jpeg

Day 15 I felt that most of it where healed

E4C989CE-571E-47D9-B88D-432BE3BF6692.thumb.jpeg.d875beb32b66ecf851afce7e65f5f8ee.jpeg232FEC1B-4905-4F11-B37B-DC39D8062ABB.thumb.jpeg.e078d28180864a68b216c4f8f4af3e8b.jpegE5A0867F-605E-45A8-BD65-63450C447468.thumb.jpeg.b4c049f43166ff39ad4126ef8b698c6d.jpeg

Day 30 (04.07.2022) 

First haircut of the donor area - I think all of my transplantet hair have dropped and im truly in the “ugly ducking stage” 

28693992-D2BB-45FF-8D60-0EF4481799F4.thumb.jpeg.881c1c913bdaa419a35eb9427ca946e0.jpeg

Today (19.08.2022)

I seen for the first time some hair sticking out from my scalp, could this be the start of my transplanted hair or is this to soon ? 
A7D39D22-3448-47F8-A605-0A8BAAA00E09.thumb.jpeg.1baefde78e4a18d3b4d6718bc8bf48b7.jpeg

I take Tropical Finasteride and minoxidil that I started on 21 days after my operation. 
and taking multivitamin included biotin. 
and have also been true one prp session 2 weeks ago. 

Comment if you want me to update this post even tho it’s not a recommended clinic. 

(My next hair transplant would definitely be with one of the recommended clinic on this forum. And thank you for all your stories and helpful post’s) 

Please provide updates on a regular basis. 

Everything is looking okay for the moment. No worries. Forget about the transplant now and reassess at the 3-month and 6-month mark. 

Sometimes "hairmills hit homeruns". Some guys are lucky. I hope you'll be one of them Insh'Allah 🙏 

Best of luck

• Like 3

Thank you guys for wishing this will go well, I really appreciate it!

I would rather not advertise the clinic as I do not want to promote a clinic on a false basis as I haven’t seen any results yet and wouldn’t be part of anyone doing the wrong decision for them self.  

The price of this is probably similar to other Turkish clinics that take in more patients per day at just under 3,000 euros.  

About the operation, the doctor made incisions to remove the graft and made incisions for the graft on the head, but it was technicians who removed and inserted the hair follicles.

I’m also happy for my donor area is looking pretty good considering I think I have lost some hair there as well with the “shock loss” process. 

I haven’t any good pictures of the donor area straight after the operation but this was taken to days after the transplant

D3F58C89-83AE-4285-9E45-BE2F8A3A61DA.thumb.jpeg.3ea17f01393a0b263290a812a5b869cc.jpeg
considering that this healed very quickly I guess they did a good job here but time will tell. 

• Administrators

You may be one of the lucky ones. They don’t always get disasters. Some technicians are good. It’s just a gamble, that’s why it’s ill-advised. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You may be one of the lucky ones. They don’t always get disasters. Some technicians are good. It’s just a gamble, that’s why it’s ill-advised. 

Hey Melvin, thanks for commenting. 
Yes I might be one of the lucky ones and I might ending up regretting this for a very long time! That’s the exact reason I don’t want to be a part of recommending anything. 

unfortunately I had no knowledge of this other than a random recommendation and social media, and knew nothing about the industry.

• Like 1

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Borsisto said:

Yes I might be one of the lucky ones and I might ending up regretting this for a very long time! That’s the exact reason I don’t want to be a part of recommending anything. 

unfortunately I had no knowledge of this other than a random recommendation and social media, and knew nothing about the industry.

Well, I’m glad you found our community. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

54 minutes ago, Borsisto said:

Like you I found this forum after my HT and like you went to a hairmill, I was one of the lucky ones they say and couldn’t be happier with my results.

Like everyone says it looks great so far, so good luck mate

16 hours ago, Borsisto said:

Thank you guys for wishing this will go well, I really appreciate it!

I would rather not advertise the clinic as I do not want to promote a clinic on a false basis as I haven’t seen any results yet and wouldn’t be part of anyone doing the wrong decision for them self.  

The price of this is probably similar to other Turkish clinics that take in more patients per day at just under 3,000 euros.  

About the operation, the doctor made incisions to remove the graft and made incisions for the graft on the head, but it was technicians who removed and inserted the hair follicles.

I’m also happy for my donor area is looking pretty good considering I think I have lost some hair there as well with the “shock loss” process. 

I haven’t any good pictures of the donor area straight after the operation but this was taken to days after the transplant

D3F58C89-83AE-4285-9E45-BE2F8A3A61DA.thumb.jpeg.3ea17f01393a0b263290a812a5b869cc.jpeg
considering that this healed very quickly I guess they did a good job here but time will tell. 

You dont advertise any clinic by saying its name. I think there's no point to share your experience if you are not telling the clinic's name. Everyone who is sharing his hair transpant experience, saying the name of the clinic so it can be helpful for the community.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tesco said:

You dont advertise any clinic by saying its name. I think there's no point to share your experience if you are not telling the clinic's name. Everyone who is sharing his hair transpant experience, saying the name of the clinic so it can be helpful for the community.

Sorry you feel this way, I wouldn’t like anyone to decide they’re clinic based on what I’m sharing when I don’t have any results still. And I know people can do it because I did it myself! I will share everything when the results are here, and and we can all see if the doctor that did my operation did a great job or a bad one ☺️ 

23 hours ago, Happy New Hair said:

Like you I found this forum after my HT and like you went to a hairmill, I was one of the lucky ones they say and couldn’t be happier with my results.

Like everyone says it looks great so far, so good luck mate

Wow, great to hair that it went good! Could I ask what Norwood grade you had and how many grafts you moved ? 

Tried to find some pictures from before my hairloss started drastically. Only found some from my wedding. 
This where taken only 3 years ago. (Crown where already losing ground pretty fast here) But look how dense my hair where considering the top photos on this posts. 

9CA8A8B0-97EB-4ED3-BD22-F24AA2A80443.thumb.jpeg.c1b891071eb84cc21ecf232850fae335.jpegD0DD0120-14E1-4124-8915-137A69C4B2EE.thumb.jpeg.791eabc77e88011c43c8ea2e793dc142.jpeg

If you guys have any recommendations to me  In addition to tropical finasteride and minoxidil that I’m using now, please scream out to me! 😃👍

What 3 years ago ??....

Damn !! hairloss can be crazy fast and agressive sometimes...

Reminds me of Baldcafé. 

He literally went from Norwood 0 full head of hair to Norwood 5-6 extremely severe diffuse thinner in less than 5 years. 

He would have probably needed something like Derek's "nuclear protocol" to stop it lol 

• Haha 1

Are you from the uk btw , yeh you must of been a bit conflicted I can imagine because while others its gradual and from early onset, yours hit later and subsequently being very aggressive . I would try oral fin aswell as it tried and proven . I still don’t see enough studies for topical to say it should be used instead . Although given how aggressive your hair loss I think you may even need to try dutasteride. Your post op pics look good , so like you said judgment needs to be reserved and just go with the process 

Edited by sukh123
  • Like 1

I would definitely second what sukh123 said. 

Your hairloss serms agressive and very diffuse.

You may have some hidden DUPA in the donor area  and the longevity of your transplant may be compromised. Also your crown seems to be dropping from Norwood  into Norwood 6 so I believe getting on something like oral Dutasteride would be in your best interest. 

1 hour ago, Borsisto said:

Wow, great to hair that it went good! Could I ask what Norwood grade you had and how many grafts you moved ? 

Maybe around a Norwood 4…

and I had approximately 2800 grafts.

32 minutes ago, Happy New Hair said:

Maybe around a Norwood 4…

and I had approximately 2800 grafts.

Wow, your results are amazing. If my results is even close to this I’m over the moon! 😅

But considering I’m an Norwood 6 I guess this types of results have sailed along way. 

but congratulations, you must be really happy with the outcome.

56 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

Are you from the uk btw , yeh you must of been a bit conflicted I can imagine because while others its gradual and from early onset, yours hit later and subsequently being very aggressive . I would try oral fin aswell as it tried and proven . I still don’t see enough studies for topical to say it should be used instead . Although given how aggressive your hair loss I think you may even need to try dutasteride. Your post op pics look good , so like you said judgment needs to be reserved and just go with the process 

No, not from the uk. As stated the pictures taken from three years ago isn’t showing that I’ve lost a decent chunk of my crown, and also the temples had been losing hair for some years. So I’ve always known the time will come.. unfortunately I didn’t know anything about finasteride that time. If I had I guess I had a lot more hair now. 

thank you for the feedback, I have considered oral fin also, and I have bought a package with 5mg tablets that I have been thinking of taking. (Cutting in 1,25mg) and taking it mon/wed/fri. 

do you think I can do it in addition to the tropical ? 

the tropical I’ve using is 0.15% fin with 5% minoxidil and I’m using it two times a day. 

11 hours ago, Borsisto said:

Wow, your results are amazing. If my results is even close to this I’m over the moon! 😅

But considering I’m an Norwood 6 I guess this types of results have sailed along way. 

but congratulations, you must be really happy with the outcome.

Thanks @Borsisto.. really happy 

Good luck 🤞🏽 

On 7/20/2022 at 9:23 PM, Borsisto said:

No, not from the uk. As stated the pictures taken from three years ago isn’t showing that I’ve lost a decent chunk of my crown, and also the temples had been losing hair for some years. So I’ve always known the time will come.. unfortunately I didn’t know anything about finasteride that time. If I had I guess I had a lot more hair now. 

thank you for the feedback, I have considered oral fin also, and I have bought a package with 5mg tablets that I have been thinking of taking. (Cutting in 1,25mg) and taking it mon/wed/fri. 

do you think I can do it in addition to the tropical ? 

the tropical I’ve using is 0.15% fin with 5% minoxidil and I’m using it two times a day. 

Yes I think you should try oral first , mainly because it’s tried and tested and so much more convenient . Topical won’t protect Your donor , unless you apply it directly which will require a high dose of liquid which is not feasible . 0.15 percent twice a day is high, that nearly 3mg of fin a day if that is per 1ml of solution . The most people take for hair loss, both topical and orally is 1mg a day . Not sure where you sourced this topical from so can’t accurately say for sure that’s how much fin your taking.

• Like 1