how much grafts?

i want to get a few hair transplants spread out so i can

1) have my regrowth look natural and no one suspects i got a transplant

2) the cost is easier if i do a few transplants separately rather than all at once.

how much grafts for this area, and would you recommend me getting multiple transplants spread out by say, a year?

i plan on getting my first transplant in about 3 years after ive given finasteride enough time to see results

585B26A5-3F52-4D80-B4FE-734F611D71AD.jpeg

Greetings of the day @demezz2,

I would advise you to start Finasteride 1mg daily or on alternative days, MPB is more aggressive during 20-30s. You seems to be NW2, If you can share more pictures and other needed information like age, pics of occipital then I can provide more efficient information. However looking at the picture I think around 2000-2200 grafts will be required. The exact graft count may vary during the time of surgery and It can be done in a single sitting itself. 

To know more about the packages and to get in touch with our counsellors, you can drop me a personalized text and I will be happy to assist you. 

Regards,

Eugenix Hair Science 

You should try to use medications first and then go for transplant. Medications in most cases work and can definitely lower your graft count. This in turn saves you grafts and gives you chances to do more surgeries if you ever decide to get of off medications. Try finasteride and topical Minoxidil for atleast 6-8 months then go for a HT. In your case i think depending on the density you want you would need near about 2000 Grafts but that could reduce if medications work well for you. Cheers.

• Like 1

Wise decision. 

Give finasteride some time 

It won't regrow the hairline but it will definitely prevent things from getting worse. 

I'd say 2000 grafts is reasonnable for your 1st procedure. 

Do your homework. Avoid hairmills 

1 hour ago, Dillpickle123 said:

I have about the same degree of hairloss and 2k grafts seems right it’s gonna be hard to hide it but it’s f you go to a doctor who doesn’t shave the recipient area you can hide it easier that’s what I’m gonna do 

yeah fr. do you think three days to one week is enough time for redness to go away mostly? idc if its somewhat red and scabbing as ill just tell my family i was outside too much and its sunburnt. 

Demezz22,

I’m going to do my best to address your questions however, I’m a little confused with what you mean on some of them. You say that you would rather undergo distinct hair transplants in order to keep the cost down. What exactly do you mean? Are you saying that you can only afford a smaller procedure and then when you save up more money you’ll undergo a second one to add more density and or coverage as needed?  Wildest doesn’t necessarily save you money in the long run, it certainly is strategy for those who don’t have all the money in your front but plan on saving and having enough to go back for a second procedure.

But as others have said, your proposed strategy of using finasteride for a while first prior to undergoing surgery is paramount.  It’s recommended that you use finasteride for at least one year to determine its efficacy so three years definitely can’t hurt.

Also, keep in mind that hair transplant surgery is great for growing hair in thinning or completely bald areas but It does nothing to stop the progression of male pattern baldness.  This is why many men couple surgical hair restoration with non-surgical solutions.

regarding hair transplant surgery, based on seeing only one photo and assuming there is no thinning in the midsection of the scalp and the crown, I think approximately 2500 graphs will do the trick assuming that you don’t lose any more hair over the next three years.  But if you would like a more accurate opinion which is the only thing that members of this community can provide, we would need to see more photos including multiple angles of the scalp and photos of your donor area a.k.a. the sides and back of your scalp.

if you would like to schedule a one on one information session with Dr. Rachel, please don’t hesitate to contact me privately and I can go ahead and get the set up for you.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

2 hours ago, demezz2 said:

yeah fr. do you think three days to one week is enough time for redness to go away mostly? idc if its somewhat red and scabbing as ill just tell my family i was outside too much and its sunburnt. 

The redness can stay for awhile best to get your hair on top like keep 3 inches long and fringe it while your transplant heals 

Tell them u got sunburnt every week for 5-6 months .. because that’s how long the redness usually last to where it’s presentable … 

u can do what I did .. n start growing ur hair longer n combing ur hair forward like Justin Bieber .. just do it a few months ahead of ur surgery , so people don’t notice the radical Change ..

2 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Tell them u got sunburnt every week for 5-6 months .. because that’s how long the redness usually last to where it’s presentable … 

u can do what I did .. n start growing ur hair longer n combing ur hair forward like Justin Bieber .. just do it a few months ahead of ur surgery , so people don’t notice the radical Change ..

it lasts that long ☹️ but yeah i already wear my hair down, i dont comb it but it hides my recession so id assume it will just cover the redness like normal. however, is it ok that hair lays over the newly transplanted hair? it seems like itd be similar to wearing a hat which ur not supposed to do?