What do you guys not miss anymore?

On 7/19/2022 at 12:48 AM, AlexMeister21 said:

I'd say right now, I don't miss wasting hours in front of the mirror and obsessively trying to create an acceptable combover if I had to go out in public without a hat. Now it's like I only spend about 10-30 minutes at most to cover up my thinner areas. Hoping another procedure will allow me to reap other benefits one day of not needing to wear hats, not worrying about others touching hair, it getting wet, etc.

Man I relate to this so much. The worst part is, some days my hair would cooperate and some days it wouldn't. So some days, the huge unnatural botch job patches on the corners would be visible, some days i would be able to cover them with styling.

Edited by RTC

7 hours ago, RTC said:

Man I relate to this so much. The worst part is, some days my hair would cooperate and some days it wouldn't. So some days, the huge unnatural botch job patches on the corners would be visible, some days i would be able to cover them with styling.

Some days now, I just wake up and my hair looks pretty normal. Other days, you see gaps and it's harder to cover up. Before my transplant, there were days I'd spend like two hours in front of a mirror trying to style my hair and not feeling comfortable with it so I ended up skipping class or whatever. It was hard not to be obsessive over it otherwise I'd feel self-conscious all day.

I haven't had a transplant yet but am going for one. So I cant say from what I don't miss anymore more so I'll just put here what I wish to say goodbye to.

1. Enslaved by hats, everywhere I go, no exceptions or anything. I will cancel my plans If I cant find my hat. 

2. Not touching and readjusting my hat/beanie every two-five minutes. Make that after every set at the gym...

3. Not feeling like the blacksheep of my social circles, I am very young and it stands out and it always comes up in conversation if my hat comes off

4. My hairloss not being a topic of conversation in my social outings anymore

5. The jokes from my mates and mutual friends

6. Looking at the mirror obsessively, taking pictures every month to document my progress on medication and inspecting everything.

7. The freedom of having choices with my hair. I never had any choice as I went to very strict schools growing up and they disapproved of some hairstyles / growing out your hair as a man. I tried growing it out as soon as I graduated then I rapidly thinned never getting to see myself with long hair.

• Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

On 7/18/2022 at 2:43 PM, sukh123 said:

Well I found the way your tone was directed to me to be rather rude and not professional at all and as the moderator a private message would of been more prudent instead of making it public dont you think. It’s a light hearted comment , If this is not accepted on this forum then so be it , your the boss . As for helping out , I do that on a daily basis and have had great interactions with members who have all postively reacted to my posts and advice despite being on here for only 6 weeks . I’ve Even defended yourself when peope have questioned your bias on this forum.

Context is impossible to see through text tho this is why a lot of ppl get in trouble for things they say as a joke through text 

On 7/19/2022 at 7:46 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Well I apologize if I came off as rude. 

You were fine, Melvin. He called someone cringe and then tried to pass it off as banter as a way of backtracking lol. Which makes zero sense. 

Edited by HelpfulFriend

On 7/19/2022 at 4:57 AM, Fue3361 said:

Fun idea, post what you no longer miss about the days before you had your HT.  I’ll put mine:

1.  I don’t miss avoiding going out for a walk when it is windy, or angling my head down when the wind picks up.

2.  I don’t miss wearing a hat when doing cardio or any form of running that might mess up my hair.

3.  I don’t miss feeling anxious about a girl passing her hand through my hair.

4.  I don’t miss not being able to have a variety of haircuts.

What don’t you guys miss?

The hat dependency, for sure. 

Im yet to get a HT but I absolutely hate the stress formal events give me.

I also don't do a lot of fun activities because of my hair.

I just joined this forum as I’m in the process of scheduling my first HT for early next year.

Since I was 20 years old, I have thought about nothing other than my hair thinning. I pray a HT will help me stop:

- Avoiding any activities that require my head getting wet and thus revealing my rapidly thinning hair and scalp

- Applying fibers. A piece of soul exits my body with every dap of the can. It’s awful.

- Not being able to style my hair the way I want. Spending 30 minutes to tactically style my hair to conceal my balding. Result is a goofy hair style and I’m not fooling anyone.

- I look forward to not having to worry about working out and sweating, and how awful my hairline looks to me and others.

Not a day goes by this doesn’t cross my mind and I look forward to hopefully putting this behind me.  This post hit home for me. 

• Like 1