Dr. Patrick Mwamba FUE repair - about 600 grafts - 17th of July 2022

Jay00

Sorry I couldn’t post yesterday, as some of you may know, I had a bad transplant and was looking for a doctor to repair it. I decided to go with dr Mwamba after consultation. the surgery took all day. Got there at 8:30 am and finished around 10 pm in new jersey. Got to go back there in 2-3 days to remove the stitches. Head was swollen yesterday and I’m currently waiting for the pictures (will post pictures and more details as soon as I get them, by Tomorrow Tuesday). Will post the pictures pre HT and after. Overall, I had a very good experience, Dr Mwamba worked on my surgery and his assistant lady was helping him. Seem to be very knowledgeable about HT. I am very happy with my choice, I hope this yield great growth (prayers). 

also we didn’t “repair” my donor area. This area is growing hair now so I guess it wasn’t overharvested.

In comparison to my first HT experience, there no comparison! Dr Mwamba is a professional. 

• Like 1

This is of great interest to me as someone seeking a repair. A lot of detail must have went it because 12 hours sounds like a long time for 600. Was it because they were relocating grafts from the hairline? 

2 hours ago, HairRun said:

This is of great interest to me as someone seeking a repair. A lot of detail must have went it because 12 hours sounds like a long time for 600. Was it because they were relocating grafts from the hairline? 

Yes they had to removed old grafts and place them correctly. We took a few breaks. They take their time when it comes to implanting the graft, they are very careful with the angles 

33 minutes ago, Jay00 said:

Yes they had to removed old grafts and place them correctly. We took a few breaks. They take their time when it comes to implanting the graft, they are very careful with the angles 

Ah so 600 grafts were from the hairline? Did they do anything to help prevent scars? I saw in another review they used stitches. Btw, was this in the NJ, AT, or Europe location?  

Is there a reason you are only booked for a day? 

I am a Mwamba patient too and definitely know its so time-consuming for him to do the extraction/redistribution of bad grafts. 

But curious why he didn't book you for 2 days or even 3? 

I don't have time to re-read your previous posts but I feel like you had more stuff to be worked on than those 600 grafts. 

Regardless, this is a fantastic step forward and great progress in your recovery. 

I’m still waiting for the photos taken by Dr Mwamba pre HT and after HT. In the meantime, we removed the stitches yesterday and took some pictures. 
first 2 pictures - with stitches

last 2 pictures - after removal. 
HT date: Sunday July 17th

A76A37B8-6B3A-471D-804E-AB1E3A9540CC.jpeg

CCFD15E1-0851-48D1-B43D-EC6A1DFF5DD2.jpeg

758AB6C3-CD40-4F79-92FD-AC0000AAB664.jpeg

3D1AE111-54CC-4B6D-964C-250602C141A2.jpeg

Hey Jay just a couple of questions

1. How many grafts did you eventually remove? 600?

2. Did you get any kind of postoperative care like silicon gel or steroid cream for the area?

Also I see that you are black and I am thinking that SMP would be a very good solution for you, do you consider it?

Damn, the pics with the stitches are impressive, so your procedure consisted of extracting the 600 grafts in harline and repositioning them in the middle scalp?  Will you have to return in 10/12 months to rebuild the hairline?  Good recovery anyway, you have relied on an excellent surgeon in the repairs.

Edited by ITA

50 minutes ago, Jay00 said:

Yeah Dr Zeiring. They gave me full refund though

Aw man...I'm sorry...

Ziering is such a crappy surgeon...

Look at what he did to Lebron....

But at least he gave you a full refund so that shows he is ethical. 

11 hours ago, BaldV said:

Hey Jay just a couple of questions

1. How many grafts did you eventually remove? 600?

2. Did you get any kind of postoperative care like silicon gel or steroid cream for the area?

Also I see that you are black and I am thinking that SMP would be a very good solution for you, do you consider it?

1. He removed 150 grafts from the hairline and reconstructed it, also fixed the angles of the previous HT. 400 grafts were taken from my donor area to add density.  

2. Yes he gave me Recedo Topical Gel, I start using this tomorrow. 

and last, I don’t think SMP is an option right now, I have curly hair which can get long depends how I style it. The problem was my hairline my hairline. 

11 hours ago, ITA said:

Damn, the pics with the stitches are impressive, so your procedure consisted of extracting the 600 grafts in harline and repositioning them in the middle scalp?  Will you have to return in 10/12 months to rebuild the hairline?  Good recovery anyway, you have relied on an excellent surgeon in the repairs.

The middle scalp is fine. Lol maybe Because I didn’t wash my head in the past days it looks weird. No work was done there 
- we basically pushed the hairline back closer to my real hair. He also fixed the angles of previous HT

thank you bro for the well wishes. Hopefully this goes well 🙏

• Like 1

One week post removal. I’m having mix feelings. I should have just filled the gap instead of removing. lol I don’t like the look 

you guys think the hairline scars will somehow disappear in the fiture?

since I have more donor hair, it’s possible to still fix hairline later when it heals ? 

B2CFE0B5-2FB8-43EE-8300-8D64D25C4AB3.jpeg

8CBD5A3B-9DA5-4F3F-A276-B705359BE451.jpeg

1928A190-A684-4BD0-8362-33A9997E7692.jpeg

3FA8C51E-4FA2-463D-9E65-85664B08279D.jpeg

27016EE9-F0F3-4BE6-9740-A1F4ADB780CF.jpeg