3800 grafts with Dr Laorwong

Ramons

Thought I would share some pics of my recent procedure with Dr Laorwong.

As you can see I had a massively receded hairline which I had hidden for years with hats or an average comb over.

Some stats;

• 43 years old
  • Finasteride for over 15 years – with no side effects
  • Loniten for over 15 years – an oral version of minoxidil, only side effect is total body hair growth 😊
  • I have a large head so surface area compared to others should be considered when comparing to others :) 
  • I chose the higher hair line due to my age, my starting point and due to always having a high hair line

Shout out to Hristo13 for posting and providing me with the courage to go ahead and for answering my questions.

Procedure went well, no pain, sleeping was easy – was a long day though and got increasingly uncomfortable in the chair…old man bones seizing up. Flew out back to Australia 2 days after the procedure and had no discomfort flying…and only 1 overzealous security guard making me take off the bandana – the shock on his face though said he wish he hadn’t.

Overall a good experience and I would recommend it.

I am 1 month post procedure and the shed has commenced so I will post again once I get some growth.

Thank you to Melvin for your time and efforts to keep this forum running and to all who share – it truly makes a positive impact.

image.png.7e96029fcaf7ae38e8a22ec8fffcbdb3.png  image.png.4ca48f1b29bc09d68cb8a9df061353df.png image.png.e03bff5af82a3703cf58490ec1b36910.png image.png.27a78b033b52cfb6c967e4ef1ae20fda.png image.png.e863ab2e13887af91479ad99217b5449.png image.png.82fa8018472072d5dfab7529416c02b6.png image.png.a0ca1eebbf945aa335a2ddc871a18ab3.png image.png.fc1c4cdbcea4c30e1d7823f98c122ed7.png

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Congratulations on choosing a great surgeon and one you will never find in this country! The fact you are on finasteride and minoxidil should keep these results in good health for a long, long time to come! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to following your updates!

• Administrators

The work looks exceptionally clean. Very nice 👍🏼 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, maffewq said:

Hi @Ramons Any update?

None yet.

Shedding furiously…I have a few random hairs growing fast but most have now shedded and some shock loss surrounding the recipient area.

Recipient area very pink so just waiting out the ugly duckling phase.

1 hour ago, maffewq said:

Sorry for double posting, but was there any particular reason you decided to choose Dr Laorwong over Dr Path? 

No particular reason. 

Saw results of his patients, prompt service, good reviews, Dr Laorwong does the surgery, he is a reserved man like myself (although his is probably because of intellect), had availability when suited.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/16/2022 at 5:29 PM, Ramons said:

Thought I would share some pics of my recent procedure with Dr Laorwong.

As you can see I had a massively receded hairline which I had hidden for years with hats or an average comb over.

Some stats;

• 43 years old
  • Finasteride for over 15 years – with no side effects
  • Loniten for over 15 years – an oral version of minoxidil, only side effect is total body hair growth 😊
  • I have a large head so surface area compared to others should be considered when comparing to others :) 
  • I chose the higher hair line due to my age, my starting point and due to always having a high hair line

Shout out to Hristo13 for posting and providing me with the courage to go ahead and for answering my questions.

Procedure went well, no pain, sleeping was easy – was a long day though and got increasingly uncomfortable in the chair…old man bones seizing up. Flew out back to Australia 2 days after the procedure and had no discomfort flying…and only 1 overzealous security guard making me take off the bandana – the shock on his face though said he wish he hadn’t.

Overall a good experience and I would recommend it.

I am 1 month post procedure and the shed has commenced so I will post again once I get some growth.

Thank you to Melvin for your time and efforts to keep this forum running and to all who share – it truly makes a positive impact.

image.png.7e96029fcaf7ae38e8a22ec8fffcbdb3.png  image.png.4ca48f1b29bc09d68cb8a9df061353df.png image.png.e03bff5af82a3703cf58490ec1b36910.png image.png.27a78b033b52cfb6c967e4ef1ae20fda.png image.png.e863ab2e13887af91479ad99217b5449.png image.png.82fa8018472072d5dfab7529416c02b6.png image.png.a0ca1eebbf945aa335a2ddc871a18ab3.png image.png.fc1c4cdbcea4c30e1d7823f98c122ed7.png

We need updates.. it's all good though if you don't feel like posting.. . Lol..  you don't owe us anything..

1 hour ago, Henry said:

We need updates.. it's all good though if you don't feel like posting.. . Lol..  you don't owe us anything..

Away at work at the moment boys…will get something sorted over next few days and start an updated post

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 8:59 PM, Otty said:

Hey mate, fellow aussie here 👍.  Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr Laorwong.

Curious to know where you were able to get oral Minoxidil? Assuming you need a prescription to purchase? 

Apologies if I didn’t reply…only just noticed this now.

Yes a prescription is required. I got mine prescribed originally through a hair loss clinic and have remained on it ever since.

Now my GP just does the repeats online and the price has dropped massively over the years.

On 9/7/2022 at 7:59 PM, eyeballs11 said:

Thanks for sharing your story, as an Aussie it’s great to see reviews on the doctors closer to home. 

How are things tracking? 

Tracking well…thanks for asking.

I will do an update over next week or so.

On 11/4/2022 at 5:30 AM, Calihome1 said:

How many grafts were used in your temples?

Not completely sure….it is sad to maybe admit but I am that laid back I didn’t ask or really care.

Glad I did them though it makes such a huge difference and they are already looking very strong.

On 11/4/2022 at 4:55 AM, Marlo said:

Wow you're an oral minoxidil veteran. What made you use it back when you began? It wasn't a popular treatment at all at the time as far as I know. 

I went to 3 hair loss clinics back in the day - Innovative Hair Loss Solutions, Advanced Hair and Ashley and Martin.

Whilst I only paid for treatment at IHLS all 3 provided the same treatment plan. So I eventually just asked my Dr for the prescriptions and also sourced my own LLLT device.

All 3 clinics prescribed Loniten, Finasteride to go along with their overpriced shampoos, vitamins and laser therapy.