What's the going rate ($ per x number of grafts) in a good clinic in Mexico, e.g. HMR?

Hi, new member here.

I've been using this forum to do due diligence on heading to Mexico to get a FUE procedure. Appreciate the many warnings to steer clear of Cancun and the Turkish 
"mills", as well as the signposting to the two clinics considered most reputable here, HMR in Tijuana and Dr Nader in Reynosa.

Question for those with experience with either: have you had a procedure at either of those two (or another clinic in Mexico) recently and how much did it cost, for how many grafts?

Thanks in adv,
LJ

• Administrators

I have seen some good results from HMR, but I tend to lean toward Dr. Nader. Having spoken to him a few times, I do feel he is very ethical.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

23 hours ago, Legend007 said:

I would consider Nader for budget wise ..  but I’ve seen his results comes out okay .. u won’t get dense packing from him .. 

i don’t know the other clinic .. so nah I wouldn’t risk it. 

I disagree. HMR clinic looks good but their staff/doctors seem to be more concerned about profit. Nader actually told me to get my hair checked out by a dermatologist vs trying to get an appointment right away with a deposit 

Edited by BMWFAN31

On 7/17/2022 at 6:33 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

Am I correct in stating that Nader does all the extraction and implantation personally, whereas Cortez at HMR farms out some of the process to assistants?

Nader does all extraction and makes the incisions. His assistant implants the grafts as he makes the incisions.

Nader is with you during the entire process. It's not like  some of the other (some very expensive) docs on here who don't even see you most of the day.

Edited by Justshaveitbro
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 9:49 PM, lordjohannes said:

Hi, new member here.

I've been using this forum to do due diligence on heading to Mexico to get a FUE procedure. Appreciate the many warnings to steer clear of Cancun and the Turkish 
"mills", as well as the signposting to the two clinics considered most reputable here, HMR in Tijuana and Dr Nader in Reynosa.

Question for those with experience with either: have you had a procedure at either of those two (or another clinic in Mexico) recently and how much did it cost, for how many grafts?

Thanks in adv,
LJ

I'll answer this since nobody else has yet.

I had 3160 grafts with Dr Nader 1.5 months ago and paid $5500.My price was from 2021 though , included cash discount and I paid for my hotels with points I had. 

Dr Nader doesn't charge per graft but has package prices for different ranges of grafts .There is a 10 percent discount for payment in cash.The packages include hotel but can be deducted if you pay for hotel yourself.