how much grafts would this be?

• Administrators

No surgeon would place temples like that, way too aggressive. Are you female? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

No surgeon would place temples like that, way too aggressive. Are you female? 

no, im male. id just like my temples to be more prominent, how would you recommend the shape of the temples to be? and judging my photos, how much grafts would that take?

Edited by demezz2

5 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

What the heck are you going for bro? LOL. This is the most unnatural looking design I have seen anyone requesting. 

LMAO i said the lines aren’t accurate 😭😭 im just saying how much roughly would it take to fill in an area like that, obviously it wouldnt look like that

On 7/9/2022 at 4:04 AM, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

IMG-20220709-WA0043.thumb.jpg.86ed20a2ab8393cad5f909843294770d.jpg

You would require 200 to 400 grafts each for the temples drawn with the blue line. The red one is too aggressive and will look unnatural.

thanks!! thats good because the place im looking at has a minimum operating fee of $2,500 which is 400 grafts so hopefully i could fill those in first and in the future do my hairline

• Like 1

Not going to tell you your business and I hate to be "Mr Advice" guy, but I would strongly suggest you not get a HT. Will not elaborate

Edit: I say this solely based on the pics posted. Your hairline and temples look fine

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

12 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Not going to tell you your business and I hate to be "Mr Advice" guy, but I would strongly suggest you not get a HT. Will not elaborate

Edit: I say this solely based on the pics posted. Your hairline and temples look fine

i know you said you won’t elaborate but it really would help. and if you look at my profile, i made another post where it is obvious my hairline isn’t fine 😭

On 7/9/2022 at 12:09 AM, demezz2 said:

the lines aren’t accurate, but i hope it shows what im going for. how much grafts would it take to fill in these areas? 

AB6C249F-AB15-4B29-AA0A-FF005E4591C1.jpeg

AD68CCD3-6632-4D44-88A4-3F89F25BA478.jpeg

OP, the lines aren't probably remotely accurate for a male temple point at all. 

I can see what appears to be slightly more recession on one side than the other. I was told i had something similar. 

Click the link below in my signature, i had my temple points completely rebuilt alongside the frontal hairline area. It might actually be closer to what you're looking for in terms of design tweaked slightly to your own preference but the design is much more in line with how a male temple point would be.  

Your frontal hairline already looks to be quite low and you seem really young. I could be wrong though too as there's probably enough to cover but for reference, i was 31 when i got on medication and 32 when i got my hair transplant. 

8 hours ago, demezz2 said:

i know you said you won’t elaborate but it really would help. and if you look at my profile, i made another post where it is obvious my hairline isn’t fine 😭

Was just kidding on the "Will not elaborate"

Looking at the other picture of your hairline yes your balding progression is more serious than originally suggested by the pics you posted in this thread. Nevertheless my advice is still the same at least for another few years. Mainly because you can still do a pretty good job or hiding your receding hairline as you have thick hair that can cover up the recession when styled properly. I am in a similiar boat as you hairline wise, but with a big bald patch on my crown. I am 33, how old are you? You look to be young still. 

So if I were you I would wait and see how much more you progress. But that's just me of course you can do what you want. 

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Was just kidding on the "Will not elaborate"

Looking at the other picture of your hairline yes your balding progression is more serious than originally suggested by the pics you posted in this thread. Nevertheless my advice is still the same at least for another few years. Mainly because you can still do a pretty good job or hiding your receding hairline as you have thick hair that can cover up the recession when styled properly. I am in a similiar boat as you hairline wise, but with a big bald patch on my crown. I am 33, how old are you? You look to be young still. 

So if I were you I would wait and see how much more you progress. But that's just me of course you can do what you want. 

im only 18, my hairloss has been really abnormal, by age 13 i had the same hairline that i have now, it hasn’t gotten worse and im hoping now that now that im on finasteride and minoxidil it will stay that way or get better. and i wasn’t planning to do a transplant until atleast 2 years on finasteride and maybe dut aswell for a couple years now, i just wanted a quote so i could know how much to save. and ofc i can hide my hairloss, like in the attached pics but ive never had a good hairline and tbh i just want to be able to shave my head without comments about balding. 

BB3241F5-8F48-469F-AF12-B1A55184AE23.jpeg

A588DFA0-B024-494A-937B-203EBC6669C4.jpeg

CA58E1E3-EEB3-4182-8AAE-60B5C04FA5A6.jpeg

The typical recommendation is not to go for a HT until AT LEAST 25. That is just kind of an arbitrary number but it's worth using as a rule of thumb. 

If your hairline looks like that since you were 13, that might just be your natural hairline who knows... Although the 3 pics you just posted don't look like you havbe any recession at all so I'm pretty confused. When were those taken? 

2 minutes ago, demezz2 said:

im only 18, my hairloss has been really abnormal, by age 13 i had the same hairline that i have now, it hasn’t gotten worse and im hoping now that now that im on finasteride and minoxidil it will stay that way or get better. and i wasn’t planning to do a transplant until atleast 2 years on finasteride and maybe dut aswell for a couple years now, i just wanted a quote so i could know how much to save. and ofc i can hide my hairloss, like in the attached pics but ive never had a good hairline and tbh i just want to be able to shave my head without comments about balding. 

BB3241F5-8F48-469F-AF12-B1A55184AE23.jpeg

A588DFA0-B024-494A-937B-203EBC6669C4.jpeg

CA58E1E3-EEB3-4182-8AAE-60B5C04FA5A6.jpeg

28 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

The typical recommendation is not to go for a HT until AT LEAST 25. That is just kind of an arbitrary number but it's worth using as a rule of thumb. 

If your hairline looks like that since you were 13, that might just be your natural hairline who knows... Although the 3 pics you just posted don't look like you havbe any recession at all so I'm pretty confused. When were those taken? 

the short hair ones were taken a couple weeks ago, and the long hair was taken a month ago, the recessed parts are just hidden. and its not my natural hairline since theres a pic of me at 11 w a somewhat straight hairline (it was never perfect) and then at 12 where my hairline started to broaden also yeah maybe ill wait till 25, but would you recommend getting a transplant just for my temples (the edges of my hair) at around 22? like 400 grafts? 

Edited by demezz2

Eh it's hard to say mate. If your hairline changed between 11-13 it may have just been puberty related. You could literally go decades and decades without seeing any more loss. Who knows only time will tell. Do you have BMP on your mother or fathers side? 

Frankly I suggest not look at it as a "what age do I wait to before I get a HT". I would look at it as "at what age is my hair loss progressed so much that I can no longer reasonably style it in a way that it appears I don't have hair loss". No one looks as critically at these things as your own self and right now it looks like your head of hair is decent despite the recessed hairline when you pull the front back. 

2 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Eh it's hard to say mate. If your hairline changed between 11-13 it may have just been puberty related. You could literally go decades and decades without seeing any more loss. Who knows only time will tell. Do you have BMP on your mother or fathers side? 

Frankly I suggest not look at it as a "what age do I wait to before I get a HT". I would look at it as "at what age is my hair loss progressed so much that I can no longer reasonably style it in a way that it appears I don't have hair loss". No one looks as critically at these things as your own self and right now it looks like your head of hair is decent despite the recessed hairline when you pull the front back. 

thanks, that actually means a lot as i judge my hair really harshly. i have it on both of my parents sides, my grandpa (moms side) is fully bald but his brothers are like norwood 2-4 ish at like 80? my grandpa lived a very stressful life though so i wouldnt be surprised if thats what caused him to lose more hair than he should have. my grandpa on my dads side was norwood 3-4 at 80 when he died. and my uncles on dads are norwood 1-3 age 45+ so yeah who knows. considering my hair since 13 has gotten thicker, been able to grow longer, etc, without using min or fin is strange because how can you be balding yet your hair still thickens and becomes healthier naturally yk?

ig time will tell, but i appreciate your responses and honestly, i might just try all the options, dutasteride, oral min, etc before doing a hair transplant. what are your thoughts on oral min? im currently taking like 3x the recommended dose topically (i apply to the back of my head) so i wonder if im already getting the full potential of minoxidil. and how about the heart risks on oral min? dont know if its worth it but a lot of people say there’s like no side effects at a low dose 

Edited by demezz2

See link below for my (long) thoughts on oral min. My thoughts on fin (Oral or topical) are even harsher. That said, many people take oral/topical Fin for years and don't see side effects. I imagine their is a genetic component to who gets bad or really bad side's from it. But from hanging around here for a few months, I think side effects from Fin are much more common than peer review studies claim. Overall I just feel that the risk of messing with your endocrine system is not potentially halting your hair loss. Same thing with messing with your cardiovascular system with oral Min considering you basically need to take it forever. But do your own research and decide for yourself. 

• Like 1