Dr Saric - Maletic Clinic Croatia - 1500 FUE grafts

Hello all,

just had my first HT in Croatia (SE Europe) by dr. Saric in Maletic Clinic in Zagreb on 24thJune2022.

Overall experience was excellent, starting with the consultations and throughout the procedure where 1500 grafts were transplanted during 8 hours. The incisions were made first, followed by the PRP treatment, then graft excision was made, all by the doctor. After that we had some lunch and then the technicians did the implantation.

I was released home without any bleeding, bandages or open wounds as visible in the picture slides below.

PRE- OP

20220418_121921.jpg

received_300577335387274.jpeg

POST-OP

20220624_183455.jpg

20220624_183517.jpg

DAY 10

20220703_132941.jpg

20220704_064306.jpg

Edited by SargCro
Adding content

I do not know the doctor, nor have I ever heard of the clinic, the extractions were uniform, in fact the donor looks great (although 1500 grafts is not a great number, but I can assure you that there are clinics that manage to mess up even with these numbers), on the graft density, I don't know tell you, anyway I wish you good luck.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Is this Dr. Ana Maletic?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

38 minutes ago, Happy New Hair said:

I agree the donor looks tidy, although the hairline is a little conservative imo and seems around 1-2cm back from native hairline, is there a reason for this ?

Yeah, I was questioning this as well, but the truth is the native hairline only has hair on the front and not much, I guess 1500 grafts would not be enough if we went for the full coverage. Not sure if it will be enough as is, to be honest, but I've seen great results from the clinic and I am positive about the outcome.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, SargCro said:

It's her clinic, but I was operated by another doctor, dr. Martina Saric who works there full time with dr. Ana.

I haven’t heard of her, I’ve seen Dr. Maletic. I’ll be following your progress closely 🙏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, SargCro said:

Hello all,

just had my first HT in Croatia (SE Europe) by dr. Saric in Maletic Clinic in Zagreb on 24thJune2022.

Overall experience was excellent, starting with the consultations and throughout the procedure where 1500 grafts were transplanted during 8 hours. The incisions were made first, followed by the PRP treatment, then graft excision was made, all by the doctor. After that we had some lunch and then the technicians did the implantation.

I was released home without any bleeding, bandages or open wounds as visible in the picture slides below.

PRE- OP

20220418_121921.jpg

POST-OP

20220624_183455.jpg

20220624_183517.jpg

DAY 10

20220703_132941.jpg

20220704_064306.jpg

3 hours ago, SargCro said:

Hello all,

PRE- OP

20220418_121921.jpg

POST-OP

20220624_183455.jpg

20220624_183517.jpg

DAY 10

20220703_132941.jpg

20220704_064306.jpg

Hello SargCro,

how old are You, are You on some medication to stabilize  future hair loss ?

They used a small number grafts.

How much polyclinic Maletic charge for a graft?

in the picture it looks like Your side have receded. Did they that mention to you?

Do they know how to do sides (temples) do they do that?

7 hours ago, Suzuki sz said:

Hello SargCro,

how old are You, are You on some medication to stabilize  future hair loss ?

They used a small number grafts.

How much polyclinic Maletic charge for a graft?

in the picture it looks like Your side have receded. Did they that mention to you?

Do they know how to do sides (temples) do they do that?

Hi, I'm 28, slowly progressing since 19. I'm not on any medication although they have suggested minox and fin, but I just don't like the idea of going through the hassle daily and also the potential side effects.

I had 4 PRP treatmens so far, since February.

I'm thinking of a followup procedure in a couple of years if it progresses further signifficantly. That's why I'm hoping a lot is left in bank still, with only 1500 used. They charge 2 eur per graft.

We haven't really discussed receding sides, but I am aware of that, though it doesn't bother me much because of the hairstlyle I usually wear. Will show the new pics in a couple of days after a haircut, I'm on day 14 today.

Hi, just a little update on the 2nd week mark, after a haircut of the donor zone. Shedding has already begun and getting stronger. Just to clarify, the hairline is a bit conservative but this is how I wanted it, to use the minimal number of grafts  and to only densify the area where I had some hair left as it looked good when I was younger :).

Hope the shedding won't get too extreme. 

A question: do you guys consider Minoxidil to be mandatory after an HT or should the results come up just fine if I decide not to use it?

Ofcourse, we're talking only about the transplanted hair, not the native.

20220709_095918.jpg

Edited by SargCro

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/11/2022 at 2:56 PM, SargCro said:

Hi, just a little update on the 2nd week mark, after a haircut of the donor zone. Shedding has already begun and getting stronger. Just to clarify, the hairline is a bit conservative but this is how I wanted it, to use the minimal number of grafts  and to only densify the area where I had some hair left as it looked good when I was younger :).

Hope the shedding won't get too extreme. 

A question: do you guys consider Minoxidil to be mandatory after an HT or should the results come up just fine if I decide not to use it?

Ofcourse, we're talking only about the transplanted hair, not the native.

20220709_095918.jpg

Hello, i have a few questions about Maletic clinic, can I ask u them? We can also speak in croatian lang.

thank for answer