Wearing a cap one week after

32 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

I'm 7 days post, today I wore a cap to go out. It presses slightly on the grafts that have been put into the back of my head, but is this actually a problem? The grafts are surely secure by now?

I am also a week after HT but wear surgucal hats as they are paper soft not much pressure, mostly to protect from sun & dust.

• Like 1

No I honestly don't think so bro.

Don't worry. 

Graft are already firmly attached by this time. 

Just make sure you don't apply pressure when putting the hat on your head and take it off gently. Nice and loose wide hat. No tight hats. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RTC said:

Very frustrating as last night I slept normally without a neck pillow (beard grafts were put into the back of my head)... So maybe it's too late anyway 

I think  normal sleeping positiin after 6 days is totaly fine, my surgen's instructions were like 3 days to sleep with neck pillow, other doctors say 6 days, i waited 7 days to sleep normaly without that neck pillow.

you should be fine, even if a scab caught on your hat, most likely it'll only pull the hair follicle and the scab, while the graft itself stays.

i think it's best if you wait until all scabs are off to wear hat comfortably though. more peace of mind.

• Like 1