Consulting for the best clinic for my case

Hello everyone,

I'm almost 27 years old and after around 3 years of trying Finasteride + Minoxi + PRP treatments without a success (to-recover new hair and even to maintain the current hair situation), I think the surgical solution is inevitable. I'm still taking Finasteride only right now because I afraid that after leaving that medicine my hair case would be even worse.

I'm a newbie in this forum although I was a bit active 3 years ago, so if there are more info that I can read it will be great but since some of you already made your research and have some experience with clinics, it would so appreciate if you guys could address me to the best clinic for my case, honestly, I am just looking for like the best one to fit my needs.

So here are some photos with flash, which a bit exaggerate my situation but at least you get clearer photos.

As you may notice the front line is somewhat okay, but the edges are quiet more diluted, and the middle scarp and the back need more work.

My boldness is somewhat unique and "uniform" across my head, that's why I really need you help to address me to a good clinic.

I also took a picture of my beard so it may be used as a donor as well.

How many grafts do you think I'd need to cover mostly my crown & middle scarp, and maybe a bit on my forehead at the edges?

Thank you so much in advance for the help! 🙂

it would really means a lot for me to get as much help as I could.

IMG_1365.png

IMG_1378.png

IMG_1379.png

IMG_1380.png

IMG_1383.png

IMG_1385.png

Edited by Tsimo

the good news is you don't have much hairloss. 

Your crown is starting to thin but it's still at the early stages.  

I would try a stronger stack before going into surgery. 

Try Dutasteride 0.5mg daily, oral minoxidil 2.5mg daily as well as Fluridil or RU58841 once daily. 

Give it a good 6 months. 

Surgery is always last resort. Fails, poor growth, subpar results, botched jobs often happen as you know and even with a great surgeon results are not guaranteed while grafts are limited...

If the stronger pharmaceutical stack doesn't work then Pinto, Bisanga, Ximena Vila, Zarev, Pitella, Ferreira are capable of achieving good results on diffuse thinners  and are good for crown work specifically. They are expensive but still affordable you are looking to spend anywhere from 6k to 10k. 

I guess you don't need more than 2000 grafts. 

I like Dr. Umar and Dr. Konior in the US but they are both crazy expensive. 

But again. Do your research and don't rush. 

Surgery is always a risk no matter how reputable is the surgeon you choose. 

And of course you should avoid turkish hairmills. The SmileHairs, the Ciniks, the Veras, the Balwis, the Serkans, Acars, Korays, AsliTarcans etc....You may be lucky and get and outstanding result for 3 times cheaper but you may also get destroyed for life. It's russian roulette. 

Last thing try to use some of those beard grafts to preserve your donor as much as possible ! 

Edited by Hope everything is nova
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Hope everything is nova said:

the good news is you don't have much hairloss. 

Your crown is starting to thin but it's still at the early stages.  

I would try a stronger stack before going into surgery. 

Try Dutasteride 0.5mg daily, oral minoxidil 2.5mg daily as well as Fluridil or RU58841 once daily. 

Give it a good 6 months. 

Surgery is always last resort. Fails, poor growth, subpar results, botched jobs often happen as you know and even with a great surgeon results are not guaranteed while grafts are limited...

If the stronger pharmaceutical stack doesn't work then Pinto, Bisanga, Ximena Vila, Zarev, Pitella, Ferreira are capable of achieving good results on diffuse thinners  and are good for crown work specifically. They are expensive but still affordable you are looking to spend anywhere from 6k to 10k. 

I guess you don't need more than 2000 grafts. 

I like Dr. Umar and Dr. Konior in the US but they are both crazy expensive. 

But again. Do your research and don't rush. 

Surgery is always a risk no matter how reputable is the surgeon you choose. 

And of course you should avoid turkish hairmills. The SmileHairs, the Ciniks, the Veras, the Balwis, the Serkans, Acars, Korays, AsliTarcans etc....You may be lucky and get and outstanding result for 3 times cheaper but you may also get destroyed for life. It's russian roulette. 

Last thing try to use some of those beard grafts to preserve your donor as much as possible ! 

Thank you so much for that answer! much appreciated.

As for a stronger pharmaceutical stack, I kinda afraid to take so many drugs, especially non-FDA approved.

And as for the rush thing, in 3 months I have a vacation window of about ~1.5 month so I'd very much like in that period of time to finish my research + schedule a surgery appointment.

I really liked your beard graft solution to use as less as possible grafts from my head for future surgeries as of course I still shedding and will have a regression in my hair as the years goes by.

You mentioned so many clinics, how would you suggest to continue with my research? Should I email to these clinics and see other people results looking for a similar shedding pattern as mine? (mostly crown, and a bit on my forehead I guess) Does these clinics use beard grafts as well?

I think from the photos that you look to have DUPA/BUPA.  I would suggest consulting with Dr Lorenzo who has many documented cases with such patients.  He may advise adding Dutasteride.  Maybe send him your pics and see what he says. 

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

7 hours ago, MaverickCrypt said:

Hello everyone,

I'm almost 27 years old and after around 3 years of trying Finasteride + Minoxi + PRP treatments without a success (to-recover new hair and even to maintain the current hair situation), I think the surgical solution is inevitable. I'm still taking Finasteride only right now because I afraid that after leaving that medicine my hair case would be even worse.

I'm a newbie in this forum although I was a bit active 3 years ago, so if there are more info that I can read it will be great but since some of you already made your research and have some experience with clinics, it would so appreciate if you guys could address me to the best clinic for my case, honestly, I am just looking for like the best one to fit my needs.

So here are some photos with flash, which a bit exaggerate my situation but at least you get clearer photos.

As you may notice the front line is somewhat okay, but the edges are quiet more diluted, and the middle scarp and the back need more work.

My boldness is somewhat unique and "uniform" across my head, that's why I really need you help to address me to a good clinic.

I also took a picture of my beard so it may be used as a donor as well.

How many grafts do you think I'd need to cover mostly my crown & middle scarp, and maybe a bit on my forehead at the edges?

Thank you so much in advance for the help! 🙂

it would really means a lot for me to get as much help as I could.

IMG_1365.png

IMG_1378.png

IMG_1379.png

IMG_1380.png

IMG_1383.png

IMG_1385.png

You shouldn't opt for a transplant procedure. You already have a lot of pre existing hair that could get affected if you plant new grafts in between them. You should continue with the medications as of now.

• Like 1

You are maintaning what you have. As pointed out by Eugenix you can't have transplant in the area you are trying to. I have a similar case like yours but with some recession but i am taking medication to improve and maintain. Try seeing if you lack any vitamins etc. Because if finasteride and Minoxidil aren't thickening your hairs you might some other deficiency. So a blood test might help your case.

Hi @MaverickCrypt

This is Hala, working for @DrTBarghouthi

I tagged Dr Taleb so he could give you an advice regarding your case.

Kind regards,

Hala

Patient Adviser to Dr. Taleb Barghouthi - approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with us here  or via WhatsApp at +962778837839 (Jordan) or +962798378396 (Jordan). 

Social media Instagram & Facebook : vertexhair

10 hours ago, Adier said:

You are maintaning what you have. As pointed out by Eugenix you can't have transplant in the area you are trying to. I have a similar case like yours but with some recession but i am taking medication to improve and maintain. Try seeing if you lack any vitamins etc. Because if finasteride and Minoxidil aren't thickening your hairs you might some other deficiency. So a blood test might help your case.

who says he is maintaining? he said it does not work. Propecia does notw work for around 10% of men 

I would consider Dutasteride if finasteride is not working well. Your case requires a good maintenance protocol prior to resolving to surgery- given your pattern of hairloss and age. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Thanks guys for your informative responses 🙂

As for Dutasteride, I'm a little afraid to take this medicine duo to the fact it's not FDA approved for hair loss cases and because of its more aggressive side effects than propecia, especially the cancer risk (even though it's written to be very rare).

So without Dutasteride I guess that my only solution is hair transplant, and if that's the case, then how long would I need to wait or to what level of baldness should i reach before approaching to such surgery? because at the moment I have super ashamed with my situation and use Toppik regularly and deny from myself to go to swim and other activities that I would do if I wouldn't hide my situation.

25 minutes ago, MaverickCrypt said:

Thanks guys for your informative responses 🙂

As for Dutasteride, I'm a little afraid to take this medicine duo to the fact it's not FDA approved for hair loss cases and because of its more aggressive side effects than propecia, especially the cancer risk (even though it's written to be very rare).

So without Dutasteride I guess that my only solution is hair transplant, and if that's the case, then how long would I need to wait or to what level of baldness should i reach before approaching to such surgery? because at the moment I have super ashamed with my situation and use Toppik regularly and deny from myself to go to swim and other activities that I would do if I wouldn't hide my situation.

The Hairloss Show doctors, Haircafé, Dr. Oscar Muñoz, MorePlatesMoreDates are all reliable sources of information who have gone in depth about Dutasteride. 

Short answer is: it's FDA approved since the 2000s for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, also caused by the exact same hormone:  DHT. The company just doesn't want to spend billions of dollars to get FDA approval for hairloss as well. Just not worth it  for them at this point. That's why it's prescribed off label. We have enough data and evidence showing that Dutasteride is  safe, effective in treating both Prostate Enlargement as well as Androgenetic Alopecia and it has minimal side effects.

But just like any other drug, it's a chemical so there is always a risk even though it's extremely rare... 

But If you don't feel comfortable then no problem. I understand that. It's your personnal decision. 👍

Surgery is possible for you  but it is just important to understand and accept the risks and limitations as explained above.