3252 Grafts|HLC|June 2022

Vann

Hi Vann, may I ask if you have noticed a difference in growth between the grafted hair and the native hair?  Did they grow longer one or the other?  I know it's more difficult for you to understand because you started from a good situation anyway and you have grafts that are mixed in the area.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Drew-83 said:

Hi Vann, may I ask if you have noticed a difference in growth between the grafted hair and the native hair?  Did they grow longer one or the other?  I know it's more difficult for you to understand because you started from a good situation anyway and you have grafts that are mixed in the area.

I feel like some hairs I had previously native were transected. But not in a large proportion. The native hairs are pretty obvious to feel since they curl and the transplanted hairs kinda do their own thing. 

however lately I am starting to not notice the transplanted hairs since they are beginning to become bunched together into a curly hair. The texture definitely is changing. I just don’t pay attention to it anymore since it feels closer to normal.

• Thanks 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

10 hours ago, Drew-83 said:

I assume you've cut your hair in some way so far. When the first time after the transplant?

No I cut my hair with a 2 blend on side and a 4 on top. I figured even if I’m losing or have an ugly look. I’ll keep things consistent to see if I can measure things. 

I used fibers which helped tremendously mask the spots I lacked. I sometimes use it whenever I go out. But only if my hair is damp and it doesn’t curl. I don’t do much to style. My hair kinda just covers my scalp on its own.

You are so lucky mate 🙂. How long did you wait before cutting your hair entirely? I have just passed the third month, so far I have only cut the donor with the shaver, but the hair that is growing in the recipient has different lengths and the shape also seems different ... I would like to clean up a bit, so far I have only used scissors in the last few days, but it's not the same as when you use the shaver...

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Drew-83 said:

You are so lucky mate 🙂. How long did you wait before cutting your hair entirely? I have just passed the third month, so far I have only cut the donor with the shaver, but the hair that is growing in the recipient has different lengths and the shape also seems different ... I would like to clean up a bit, so far I have only used scissors in the last few days, but it's not the same as when you use the shaver...

Well your hair has a **** ton of multi grafts so it’ll be a banger… however it also means your hair will definitely be weird and ‘Ill’ textured for awhile.. perhaps even up to the 18 month mark. I think I waited like 4-5 months for the first cut? I posted a photo somewhere but I have limited internet access so it’s taking too long to load.

also when your hair texture changes you kinda forget. It just happens. When I think back it does seem gradual, but now I can’t remember when I stopped looking. 

30 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Looks great Vann, I am happy that things are going smoothly for yourself. 

Thanks brother. I hope all is 🐋 with you. Your procedure is coming up with time. Soon you’ll forget these horrid days and get half your scalp beautifully mounted with a nice mane. To only go back to the crown and finish whatever empty patches may exist. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, omega5 said:

hi vann. you look so good dude do you think about the back side as well

If you mean the crown, I do not care for it as much because it was never this bad. However, seeing an empty field definitely dampers my mood. I’d prefer to wait and see instead of rush through anything. 

4 hours ago, mister_25 said:

Looks like its filled in a fair amount in the past two months for your crown/midscalp. Hopefully you've recovered from that shed

Yeah I’m expecting it to get worse actually, I started oral minox recently. But hopefully after a couple months perhaps a year I’ll revaluation and look into fut to preserve the way my remaining hair feels. I might do 2 small strips across each side of the head. But this is all just thoughts In process.  

• 3 weeks later...

Month 11

About 40 mins after a shower with damp hair. My hair at this length usually turns into springy curls but I dried it to keep it consistent with other photos. 

I don’t think much will develop further. And been oral minox 2.5mg for about 1 month so some shed is occurring. 

IMG_1509.jpeg

IMG_1510.jpeg

IMG_1511.jpeg

IMG_1512.jpeg

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Vann Looking pretty good...are you planning for your crown now? And are you on medication ?

No plans for any more surgery for the next year or two. Would rather play this slow and see how oral minoxidil takes off. 

given I used probably 40-45% of my donor I’d rather protect finite grafts I have left and go slow. 

I might reach out to a few surgeons to get on the wait list at this moment. But no rush.

Edited by Vann
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...