Can a Hair Transplant save my hair?

Imo you're not a suitable candidate for a hair transplant at this stage. I actually think a much better route for you would be to start adding Minoxodil into your routine alongside Finasteride and increase the dosage to 1mg a day if you aren't already on that. 

There's also Microneedling you can add once a week at 1mm to 1.5mm and Nizoral shampoo which has 2% ketoconazole which can give mild anti-adrogen effects. 

Your hairline and temple points in that very brief sideshot indicate you already have good framing. 

I'd also maybe suggest you go dye your hair a darker colour because white/grey hair tend to make what you have also look more sparse as we age. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hair transplants do not stop hair loss. You need medication to stop hair loss. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

How old are you now? In all honesty, you don't look like you are losing hair at all. Have you tried wearing your hair slightly longer and slicked back? You wouldn't even see any scalp then. I agree with my esteemed colleagues, you should most definitely NOT get an HT right now. 

Minoxidil could give you impressive results (as the 'thinning' is mostly observed in the mid-scalp and crown areas) as would a concealer like Toppik. IMHO you should not even be on this forum, your hair looks great. When I saw your first photo I thought to myself 'Is this guy trolling us?'

• Valued Contributor

I would exhaust all medical options for AT LEAST two years. The option of having SMP is a valid one and will certainly be a good option from my experience and in my opinion. When it comes to hair restoration EVERYTHING is about illusion. All the best!

7 hours ago, gustavofringe said:

Started losing hair when I turned 28. Started taking fin 1mg daily at 30..its has stabilized the hair loss. Ive spoken to various dermatologist...they said I dont have diffuse hair loss and that I can do FUE? Eugenix in India turned me down, they said the shock loss could cause more damage than good. 

Looking for thoughts and opinions? 

2.png

20220520_220312.jpg

Angled Top Front Long.jpg

Back Long.jpg

Combed Angle Long.jpg

Swirl.png

Top Combed Straight.jpg

Top Uncombed.jpg

You do not need a hair transplantation procedure at all. You can try finasteride to prolong baldness and also to increase density on your scalp. Please do not go for a transplant. It is absolutely unnecessary.