Looking for recommendations

Hi guys, 

I'm looking for an HT. And i have booked for 2023 (available date).

I used minoxidil, but I stopped using daily and I used only 1 times every 2/3 days. Because I heard that we should stop Minoxidil before an HT. I started using it 6 years ago

Now I saw that I lost a lot of hair in the front in the past 6 months, may due to stress or simply the effect of having reduced the minoxidil.  What recommendations do you have for me? Back on Minoxidil 2x per day? Starting using finasteride ? (Never used before)

Thank you

20220626_234210.jpg

Edited by Alex94gasp

You have to stop using minoxidil only with 1 month-6 weeks before HT. If you are booked in 2023 for sure you can go back on 2x/day.
Finasteride could help too, I recommend to give it a try. If you don't get any sides just continue with it.

In addition to minoxidil you could add dermarolling.

• Administrators

I would suggest using finasteride for a year beginning getting surgery 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would suggest using finasteride for a year beginning getting surgery 

Starting using now? The thing is, is better to start after the surgery or before? 

Or is the same?

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, Alex94gasp said:

Starting using now? The thing is, is better to start after the surgery or before? 

Or is the same?

Now. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I don't know where everyone gets their stats. I've had 3x HTs total. I stop meds about a week before surgery. I start them again about 10 days after. I've had nothing but success. Aside, one thing I wish I did a LONG time ago was switch to pill form minox. Such a game changer. I would basically skip the minox routine if I stayed over someone's place. But the pills are so much easier and they're totally effective, if not more effective, imo.

I started at 1.25mg then upped to 2.5mg. I did blood work a few weeks after switching to 2.5mg. That's what I recommend. Being active/healthy helps. Some say it boosts blood pressure, but I saw nothing like that.

To answer your question, you get what you pay for in the HT world. Don't cut corners to save a few bucks and go for a doc who does the work him/herself. Good luck.

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)